PDA

View Full Version : ludicrous statement from whorn board

BASSooner
4/17/2006, 09:02 PM
YourBrainOnDrugs:

I'm sure they're are alot of detailed analysis of strengths and weaknesses out there, but there exists one tried and true predictor, the team that runs the ball the best, wins the RRS.
The biggest reason for OU's success '00 to '04 was not some mystic voodoo curse, it was because Texas couldn't run the ball and OU could. We failed to run the ball, failed to control the clock and failed to win the battle of field position.
My football knowledge isn't unlimited, but I do know one thing. Teams that lose 4 starters off an already bad offensive line don't magically improve over night. OU fans seem to think that Peterson will be able to break 12 tackles every play.
Texas has a better oline, and while no single back we have is better then Peterson, our depth and combined talent is superior. The team that runs the ball the best will almost always win the RRS. OU's success against us was a product of a superior running game, nothing more and nothing less. Texas has the far superior oline, better depth at RB. We'll win because we can run the ball, and OU won't be able to.
From '98 to 2006 the team that ran it better won the RRS every single time, and I'm sure if you go back farther you'll find similiar results throughout the RRS. This guy's sn should've been MyBrainOnDrugs. I just about fell on the floor laughing when I read this statement. Although upon reading this, this guy missed one HUGE thing. Anyone tell me what it is?

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/17/2006, 09:09 PM
Well.....in the 65-13 game a few td's were thrown

XingTheRubicon
4/17/2006, 09:12 PM
that Texas won't have a 6'5" cheetah spreading out the defensive assignments?

NickZeppelin
4/17/2006, 09:12 PM
Some of his points are right. Run game has been the difference. I'm still not 100% sure we can run it on Texas this fall. It's a younger OLine then we had last year.

BASSooner
4/17/2006, 09:15 PM
Well...I noticed that he never talked about defense....

MojoRisen
4/17/2006, 09:17 PM
We are going to run all over them because if they Stack the Box just throw it up to one of 3-4 6-4/6-5 recievers or a 6-7 tightend/Slot. If they cover that slant Jauquin behind a linebacker for an 80 yard touch....

Butt Boy Mccoy and Snead- are going to get killed- and they will not just be able to hand the ball off- I don't think they will be able to make the throws and reads they will have to make and will likely get picked 5 times if they get down early..

We are going to be f'n sick - trust me!

BASSooner
4/17/2006, 09:20 PM
I'll say this. saxet will rely heavily on their running game for production. Throwing against OUr secondary with a brand new QB is complete suicide but they may have a chance with short passes.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/17/2006, 09:26 PM
I'm calling it....

We pick two passes off

shavedmarmoset
4/17/2006, 09:28 PM
If they establish the run early, we probably will only get one or maybe two interceptions. If they have trouble however, I say we pick three or four and recover a fumble or two.

NickZeppelin
4/17/2006, 09:31 PM
Texas won't likely move it on us at all. Our offensive line is still a question mark. They did look better in the spring but they still weren't tested in the ground game.

TheGodfather889
4/17/2006, 09:51 PM
He might be right about the offensive line since I'm not sold on our offensive line. But I don't think of any of the Texas runningbacks will run on OU. Should be an interesting game.

CatfishSooner
4/17/2006, 10:31 PM
AD will have 200 yards even if he does have to break a dozen tackles every run....

Big Red Ron
4/17/2006, 10:37 PM
This guy's sn should've been MyBrainOnDrugs. I just about fell on the floor laughing when I read this statement. Although upon reading this, this guy missed one HUGE thing. Anyone tell me what it is?Uhm. our O-line doesn't play against their O-line?

olevetonahill
4/17/2006, 10:42 PM
Arnt ALL whorn statements " ludicrous " ?
Just askin :cool:

bigdsooner
4/17/2006, 10:53 PM
i just remember that they're whorn fans and that they cant help being fu**in stupid

1991SOONER
4/17/2006, 11:48 PM
i just remember that they're whorn fans and that they cant help being fu**in stupid

They're up there when talking about delusional fans. I'm glad they are talking so soon. Shows that they are scared. I admit it, I've gone over to their boards and checked out what they have to say. They are not breathing a word about our defense and thats what is scaring them. Our D will be rock solid. The RRS this year will be won by the D.

BASSooner
4/17/2006, 11:50 PM
Last time I checked, the years we had a good defense, we beat them

Jason White's Third Knee
4/18/2006, 12:03 AM
We ran the ball in 2000, 2001, and 2002? Huh. I don't remember that. Well, maybe in 2002, but it's a little foggy.

I am also not convinced that they have the better overall backfield, as that poster said.

Our RBs include: AD, Allen Patrick, DeMarco Murray, Moses Madu, and Jacob Guitierez. The potential is fantastic, but yes, these guys are largely unknown quantities. I am sure there are others that I am not naming that are in the lineup as well. These guys look pretty damned good to me and I look forward to seeing what they have to offer on the field.

NickZeppelin
4/18/2006, 12:36 AM
Against Texas we had 6 rushing TDs in that game. And about 100 yards rushing. Texas had -6. In 2001 our yards weren't that good but our only TD offensively was off a option play. I think Jason had about 30 or 40 yards rushing that game also. Q didn't have a good game outside of that TD.

Q had 248 yards rushing against Texas his senior year. Which is 2nd all time by a Sooner in that game. Parker is first with 291.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/18/2006, 12:49 AM
Against Texas we had 6 rushing TDs in that game. And about 100 yards rushing. Texas had -6. In 2001 our yards weren't that good but our only TD offensively was off a option play. I think Jason had about 30 or 40 yards rushing that game also. Q didn't have a good game outside of that TD.

Q had 248 yards rushing against Texas his senior year. Which is 2nd all time by a Sooner in that game. Parker is first with 291.

Q's senior year was spectacular, but until that time, I was kinda thinking we should have benched him. I was really glad to be wrong about that. Until that time, our running game was very suspect. I will say that the shuttle passes to Q were pretty much an adaptation of the running game and that seemed to work pretty well. I was really tired of watching those telegraphed passes to the flat get tipped or picked. I wanted more running. We eventually got it.

The 6 rushing td's were fun, but as I recall, the majority were just punching it in.

I remember Parker having the game of his life against texas and everyone was talking aobut how great Ricky Williams was after the game. Parker outrushed him by 5 or 6 yards and had a LONG assed run called back. Dangit.

NickZeppelin
4/18/2006, 12:56 AM
Q's Senior season was great. He had 100 yards every conference game and he had one of the 2 or 3 best seasons anyone's had as a back at OU. He was a Texas killer too so you gotta like that. I agree we weren't really a running team then but we won those Texas games because we dominated both sides of the lines in those games.

Even in 2003. Texas' rushing numbers are kinda good but that's mostly because of one long run by Young. He did very little in that game outside of the 70 or so yard run. And we had a great game. 2004 AD took over. Ced Benson actually got some yards but he had some memorable fumbles too.

yermom
4/18/2006, 12:56 AM
i don't think Q went over 100 yards in the 2000 game, even with 6 TDs :D

he made up for it in 2002 though

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/18/2006, 01:13 AM
Q only had around 70 in that game.

parker outrushed williams by 60+ yards and was lucky that they didn't call more back as they could have. the holds were beyond idiotic as 1/2 the time parker was 10 yards downfield when they did it. ah, john blake. [shakes head]

i don't think what he is saying is rocket science. in college football, the team that establishes the LOS normally wins. texas has rushed well in 3 games while stoops has been at the helm at OU -> 2 they won and 1 they lost by the most points in RRS history.

however, this guy is missing one big piece of the puzzle -> bob stoops. his first chess move was moving reggie smith to corner. this move doesn't help our defense as a whole as having great safeties is much more important in our scheme. however, if you look at the move in relation to our losses, it makes sense. texas, ucla, and texas tech killed us with that outside hash passing game last year. by locking down the hash out, it allows them more leeway in the interior D.

shavedmarmoset
4/18/2006, 01:41 AM
If I remember correctly, Q has the NCAA record for 100-yard games in a season with 11 or 12.

Salt City Sooner
4/18/2006, 02:50 AM
1. Parker beat Williams 291-223 in rushing yardage in '97.

2. Q had 87 yards in the '00 RRS. His longest TD that day was 8 yards.

3. Q finished '02 with 12 100+ yard games. Only Bama & South Florida (16 attempts for 13 yards in those 2 games combined) held him under the century mark. Nate REALLY saved our bacon in that game vs. the Tide. The 2nd quarter of that game was the best 15 minute stretch of his career, IMO.

Octavian
4/18/2006, 08:17 AM
1. Parker beat Williams 291-223 in rushing yardage in '97.

that was an incredible day...

Demond also had around a 60yder called back for a penalty. The whole crimson half of the stadium erupted in celebration as he streaked down the side of the field...I just sat there staring at that damn yellow flag on the ground...

had it counted, Parker would've finished w/ the best rushing day in school history...oh well

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/18/2006, 08:37 AM
This guy's sn should've been MyBrainOnDrugs. I just about fell on the floor laughing when I read this statement. Although upon reading this, this guy missed one HUGE thing. Anyone tell me what it is?

Well it is Tuesday but I've got a couple.

1. The 6'5" Cheetah who was responsible for almost all of the running game except an 80 yard run after our defense tried to strip the ball instead of making the tackle would be a big reason. Anyone that doens't think that it has just gotten about 200% easier to defend the run against Tex is crazy.

2. AD wasn't exactly 100% for the game, probably more like 30%.

Boffingham
4/18/2006, 08:59 AM
I think Bomar will be the deciding factor in the game. If he can prove that he has grown up since the ut game last year, then we are in great shape.

The offensive line may be young, but we won't even know how talented they are until they play against someone that doesn't know every offensive play (scrimmage.)

We don't even need to discuss AD.

As for the other skill positions, only time and experience will tell. There is now way for any school to know it's potential this early in the year.

Sooner in Tampa
4/18/2006, 09:08 AM
This thread should be locked...it is Tuesday.

RedstickSooner
4/18/2006, 09:09 AM
We are going to run all over them because if they Stack the Box just throw it up to one of 3-4 6-4/6-5 recievers or a 6-7 tightend/Slot.

Damn. We've got a receiver who is 3 foot 4?

:D

picasso
4/18/2006, 09:44 AM
looks like they have their own version of NZ.

picasso
4/18/2006, 09:46 AM
Q only had around 70 in that game.

parker outrushed williams by 60+ yards and was lucky that they didn't call more back as they could have. the holds were beyond idiotic as 1/2 the time parker was 10 yards downfield when they did it. ah, john blake. [shakes head]

i don't think what he is saying is rocket science. in college football, the team that establishes the LOS normally wins. texas has rushed well in 3 games while stoops has been at the helm at OU -> 2 they won and 1 they lost by the most points in RRS history.

however, this guy is missing one big piece of the puzzle -> bob stoops. his first chess move was moving reggie smith to corner. this move doesn't help our defense as a whole as having great safeties is much more important in our scheme. however, if you look at the move in relation to our losses, it makes sense. texas, ucla, and texas tech killed us with that outside hash passing game last year. by locking down the hash out, it allows them more leeway in the interior D.

Reggie didn't exactly set the world on fire at safety.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/18/2006, 11:43 AM
Reggie didn't exactly set the world on fire at safety.

All indications are that Reggie will be great at CB.

picasso
4/18/2006, 12:17 PM
All indications are that Reggie will be great at CB.
I agree totally.

roostercogburn
4/18/2006, 07:55 PM
Arnt ALL whorn statements " ludicrous " ?
Just askin :cool:

Yep.Hook 'em

MiccoMacey
4/18/2006, 10:16 PM
This guy's sn should've been MyBrainOnDrugs. I just about fell on the floor laughing when I read this statement. Although upon reading this, this guy missed one HUGE thing. Anyone tell me what it is?

There is no Vince Young to equalize the stupidity that is Greg Davis.
More than anything, VY minimized the GD actor. Without him, Greg Davis will go back into his vanilla playbook. This will enable our defense to wreck havoc on a new inexperienced QB.

This is the biggest factor in the game.

C&CDean
4/18/2006, 11:01 PM
WTF? What is it about NLT that people don't understand? Judas H. Priest in a nylon jock strap.