PDA

View Full Version : Hot tea?

royalfan5
4/17/2006, 08:36 PM
Since I don't like coffee, I enjoy a nice glass of hot tea a couple times a day. I realize I am likely about the only guy on the board that does this, unless there are some Brits that I forgot about. I have found that a nice glass of a sleepytime herb tea helps put me to sleep like no other, as well as causes me to have crazy supervivid dreams, which makes sleeping more fun. I also enjoy a nice glass of Earl Grey in the morning.

Jimminy Crimson
4/17/2006, 08:44 PM
I'm not afraid to say I enjoy tea, as well.

English Breakfast in the AM, Earl Grey in the afternoon, Prince of Wales at night. All Twinings products.

Sooner_Bob
4/17/2006, 08:47 PM
I haven't had hot tea in a while, but it is pretty tasty . . .

Soonerbabeinbama
4/17/2006, 08:52 PM
Hot tea gives me a tummy ache.:(

slickdawg
4/17/2006, 09:01 PM
Lipton SWEET ICED TEA, AS GOD INTENDED IT.

Oldnslo
4/17/2006, 09:04 PM
tea > coffee

Hamhock
4/17/2006, 09:24 PM
i had no idea there were so many homosexuals in the so..

;)

Tailwind
4/17/2006, 09:28 PM
Hot tea with a splash of blackberry brandy is the ****. My Polish grandmother taught me that.

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2006, 09:32 PM
you know how i know you're gay?

MamaMia
4/17/2006, 09:33 PM
Hot tea with a splash of blackberry brandy is the ****. My Polish grandmother taught me that.
That sounds yummy. I may just have to try that. :)

Tailwind
4/17/2006, 09:35 PM
That sounds yummy. I may just have to try that. :)
It's even better with blackberry tea, but after a couple cups you just don't care what kind of tea you use. :D

MamaMia
4/17/2006, 09:37 PM
It's even better with blackberry tea, but after a couple cups you just don't care what kind of tea you use. :D
I'll get some tomorrow. Lord knows I could use a toddy. :)

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 09:43 PM

Your granny rocks! :)

Tailwind
4/17/2006, 09:44 PM
I'll get some tomorrow. Lord knows I could use a toddy. :)
Me too....unfortunately, the only alchohol i have in the house right now is rubbing alchohol. Don't think that would quite do the trick.:(

Tailwind
4/17/2006, 09:45 PM
Your granny rocks! :)
Yup....til she kicked the bucket, that is. She had some really great stories, too.

bigdsooner
4/17/2006, 09:45 PM
im not much fer coffee so i'll drink hot tea in the winter, but iced tea is the way to go the rest of the time. in the mornin i usually substitute hot tea with an ice cold budweiser, hits the spot and gets me ready fer the day ahead :)

wake and bake usually werks well too ;)

StoopTroup
4/17/2006, 09:46 PM
Catchy name huh? :D

http://www.teabaggers.com/

http://www.teabaggers.com/Teabag%20logo.JPG

Tailwind
4/17/2006, 09:47 PM
im not much fer coffee so i'll drink hot tea in the winter, but iced tea is the way to go the rest of the time. in the mornin i usually substitute hot tea with an ice cold budweiser, hits the spot and gets me ready fer the day ahead :)

wake and bake usually werks well too ;)
:eek: :D :eek:

GottaHavePride
4/17/2006, 10:35 PM
Since I don't like coffee, I enjoy a nice glass of hot tea a couple times a day. I realize I am likely about the only guy on the board that does this, unless there are some Brits that I forgot about. I have found that a nice glass of a sleepytime herb tea helps put me to sleep like no other, as well as causes me to have crazy supervivid dreams, which makes sleeping more fun. I also enjoy a nice glass of Earl Grey in the morning.

I order mine from http://www.peets.com - talk about a good selection. I prefer Irish breakfast to English. Earl Grey is also good. Peets has a specialty called Pride of the Port, though, and that stuff pwns.

Just watch out you don't get kidney stones from drinking too much tea - my dad did that. More than once.

Jimminy Crimson
4/17/2006, 10:49 PM
I order mine from http://www.peets.com - talk about a good selection. I prefer Irish breakfast to English. Earl Grey is also good. Peets has a specialty called Pride of the Port, though, and that stuff pwns.

Just watch out you don't get kidney stones from drinking too much tea - my dad did that. More than once.

I like Irish breakfast, too.

Republic of Tea has a good British Breakfast.

For a basic tea, PG tips is good. It's an import, but you can get it at Albertson's in the 'foriegn' section.

proud gonzo
4/17/2006, 10:56 PM
who are you calling a basic tea, huh?? :mad:

;)