PDA

View Full Version : A Southern Man Don't Need Him Around Anyhow...

yermom
4/17/2006, 05:22 PM
at least i can guess one that feels that way ;)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060417/en_nm/leisure_young_dc

Sooner in Tampa
4/17/2006, 05:25 PM
Who gives a ****...Neil Young is a Canadian.

Okla-homey
4/17/2006, 07:41 PM

Like the Dave Matthews Band and Phish, I have never understood the appeal of Neil Young. His singing voice is irritating.

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young I got. Neil Young solo not. He always seemed like a pompous, self-righteous pr1ck to me..

LoyalFan
4/17/2006, 08:00 PM
Take all the *&%^! vows you want, Neil. The ragheads will kill YOU just the same.

LF

slickdawg
4/17/2006, 08:04 PM
My avatar addressed Mr. Young 33 years ago.

crawfish
4/17/2006, 08:46 PM
Man, I miss the days of subtle songwriting. Today's political lyrics have the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Oldnslo
4/17/2006, 09:10 PM
Man, I miss the days of subtle songwriting. Today's political lyrics have the subtlety of a sledgehammer.
Our generation pretty much lost the moral high ground on song lyrics with Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "Relax".

HoserSooner
4/17/2006, 10:07 PM

BOO! :mad:

Neil Young ****in' rocks.

yermom
4/17/2006, 11:50 PM
yeah, i really like a lot of his songs

i haven't heard much of the new stuff though

HoserSooner
4/17/2006, 11:51 PM
yeah, i really like a lot of his songs

i haven't heard much of the new stuff though

I don't have anything after "Freedom". "Harvest" is probably my favorite though.

Sooner in Tampa
4/18/2006, 05:11 AM
BOO! :mad:

Neil Young ****in' rocks.Dude...no offense to Canadians, but why would we care what some over the hill "rocker" from Canada thinks about our President. That's like caring what Mack Brown thinks of our Football team...IT JUST DOESN'T matter.

And for the record Neil Young hasn't "rocked" in quite some time.

HoserSooner
4/18/2006, 08:18 AM
Dude...no offense to Canadians, but why would we care what some over the hill "rocker" from Canada thinks about our President. That's like caring what Mack Brown thinks of our Football team...IT JUST DOESN'T matter.

And for the record Neil Young hasn't "rocked" in quite some time.

You shouldn't. IMO, political views by celebrities, for or against the president should be kept to themselves. I'm not supporting or debating his political stance.

And he did rock pretty hard at Live 8 last summer. :cool:

Sooner in Tampa
4/18/2006, 08:36 AM
And he did rock pretty hard at Live 8 last summer. :cool:That's cool that you like him...to each his own.

BTW Canadian beer does ROCK!!!

OklahomaTuba
4/18/2006, 09:20 AM
http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2006/04/14/PH2006041401759.jpg

The roadies he picks up with this album may not be worth all the trouble!

Veritas
5/3/2006, 02:18 PM
So, now that I've listened to Neil rock out with his teeth out, here are my observations:
1) Great guitar tone. Excellent.
2) The fighting of war is what's given him the privilege to whine about war, call for the national leader's impeachment, and profit from it without having to worry about having his testicles smashed, his fingernails yanked out, or his brains released by a 9mm slug for his words.
3) So the "we" he refers to in "Let's Impeach the President" when he mentions "the power that we gave him"...to whom exactly does that particular inclusive pronoun refer? Seeing as Young isn't an American citizen, you know, it just seems to be a bit disingenuous to lump himself in as having had anything to do with the American political process.

I'll give him this: great publicity move. A guy can't pay for the press he's received.

I'll let my avatar speak for my overall reaction.

Scott D
5/3/2006, 04:00 PM
I'll let my avatar speak for my overall reaction.

Your avatar appears to be asking Bill Callahan if he has a rectal itch.