PDA

View Full Version : It's April 17th and 100 Degrees..........

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 03:54 PM
Nice balmy spring wer'e having........:(

SoonerInKCMO
4/17/2006, 03:57 PM
70 and breezy here. :)

skycat
4/17/2006, 04:03 PM
A mere 96 here.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 04:04 PM
Did mention I love global warming?

IronSooner
4/17/2006, 04:06 PM
I don't know what you all are talking about, it's 64 and sunny here. I can't complain.

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 04:08 PM
what are you talking about. it's only 97 here.

p.s. i LOVE hot weather.

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 04:08 PM
I live in hell......(actually I work in Stillwater) and live 12 miles south.

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 04:09 PM
my hell would be below zero.

i got really used to having no AC last year. I was freezing when i got back to the U.S.

skycat
4/17/2006, 04:12 PM

i got really used to having no AC last year. I was freezing when i got back to the U.S.

I went one summer without AC during grad school.

In the search for sleeping aids that became the drunky-est period of time in my life.

Harry Beanbag
4/17/2006, 04:13 PM
Wow, it hasn't even gotten to 100 here yet.

Not that I'm complaining.

silverwheels
4/17/2006, 04:14 PM
I wish it were a nice 50-ish degrees right now.

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 04:15 PM
I went one summer without AC during grad school.

In the search for sleeping aids that became the drunky-est period of time in my life.

yeah..it was miserable when it first started getting hot. no AC in any restaurants or shops, either. and no screens on the windows, so you had to fight mosquitos. and no ceiling fans. luckily we were in the mountains and it got relatively cool at night.

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 04:19 PM
If we don't get any rain this spring the summer's going to be miserable including water rationing, poor crops and beef prices will sky rocket along with $3/Gal. gas.

skycat
4/17/2006, 04:21 PM
yeah..it was miserable when it first started getting hot. no AC in any restaurants or shops, either. and no screens on the windows, so you had to fight mosquitos. and no ceiling fans. luckily we were in the mountains and it got relatively cool at night.

I saw a lot of matinees that summer.

C&CDean
4/17/2006, 04:26 PM
I took the boys turkey hunting Saturday morning, then we split, stacked, cleaned up the mess of 5 1/2 ricks of wood. I'll only say this:

**** this hot weather. My head/neck are burnt to a crisp. I probably drank 3 gallons of water Saturday and never had to pee. I pulled a half-dozen ticks off of my person. The cows are covered in flies, I'm gonna have to worm them this weekend, put in insecticide ear tags, etc. **** this hot weather.

Give me late October, early November, warm days (65-75) and cool, crisp nights (40-50) and I'm in heaven. No bugs, no mowing, no sweating, and the smell of a fireplace getting lit. It doesn't get any better than that.

KC//CRIMSON
4/17/2006, 04:26 PM
Sunny and 67 - Perfect

Viking Kitten
4/17/2006, 04:27 PM
I have my space heater turned on.

C&CDean
4/17/2006, 04:28 PM

You will keep your filthy and disgusting personal life off of this board missy!

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 04:29 PM
I took the boys turkey hunting Saturday morning, then we split, stacked, cleaned up the mess of 5 1/2 ricks of wood. I'll only say this:

**** this hot weather. My head/neck are burnt to a crisp. I probably drank 3 gallons of water Saturday and never had to pee. I pulled a half-dozen ticks off of my person. The cows are covered in flies, I'm gonna have to worm them this weekend, put in insecticide ear tags, etc. **** this hot weather.

Give me late October, early November, warm days (65-75) and cool, crisp nights (40-50) and I'm in heaven. No bugs, no mowing, no sweating, and the smell of a fireplace getting lit. It doesn't get any better than that.

Any luck?

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 04:30 PM

I've been that way for a while dear..........;)

Viking Kitten
4/17/2006, 04:30 PM
You will keep your filthy and disgusting personal life off of this board missy!

Should I just PM you the details?

C&CDean
4/17/2006, 04:32 PM
Any luck?

Yeah. I'm covered up in birds - mostly jakes. I called a pretty nice jake in from over 600 yards across the pasture. He kept coming, strutting, then running all the way to us. My youngest son's friend (12 years old) shot him at 28 yards. 4" beard. Maybe 15 pounds or so.

I called 3 birds in yesterday morning but the other two boys couldn't get a shot (mainly cause they wouldn't hold still and the turkeys wouldn't clear the brush). I've called probably 20 or more birds within shooting range this year but haven't killed any yet. There's a big ol' Tom I've seen (saw him again last night) with a beard dragging the ground. I'm holding out for him.

C&CDean
4/17/2006, 04:33 PM
Should I just PM you the details?

NO!!

would ya?

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 04:34 PM

not me. no AC in movie theaters either.

Italia is almost a 3rd world country

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 04:37 PM
Yea, I was going back out next weekend to Roger mills but my dad's real bad so I'm going to Norman instead. My Turkey season's a bust this year.

Hopefully you can get the Big Tom....and congrats to your boy. :)

C&CDean
4/17/2006, 04:39 PM
Yea, I was going back out next weekend to Roger mills but my dad's real bad so I'm going to Norman instead. My Turkey season's a bust this year.

I'll post some pics of the kid's bird when momma gives me the disk. I'll be thinking about you and your pop.

picasso
4/17/2006, 04:48 PM
what are you talking about. it's only 97 here.

p.s. i LOVE hot weather.
me too but not in f'in April. give me a little cool sunny spring days before the hellish heat. thanks.

JohnnyMack
4/17/2006, 04:54 PM
Does your bald head look like a cherry tomato?

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 04:55 PM
Dean, there's this newfangled stuff called "sunscreen"

it's really cool. See how it works is, you put it on your skin and it prevents sunburns! you should try it!!

IronSooner
4/17/2006, 04:55 PM
Heh. It's days like this that make me glad I moved. I had enough 100 degree days in HS to last a lifetime. It gets humid here, but rarely over 90.

proud gonzo
4/17/2006, 04:58 PM

ooh, were you in Florida??

:D

JohnnyMack
4/17/2006, 05:00 PM

:eddie: Motor boat!!!!!

skycat
4/17/2006, 05:00 PM

How'd you guess?
http://www.amazonian-fish.co.uk/images/manitee.jpg

slickdawg
4/17/2006, 05:18 PM
This morning, weather person on KFAA said upper 90's today in DFW.

I thought they made a mistake, but it was obviously that hot today.

GottaHavePride
4/17/2006, 05:39 PM

You can always put on more clothes, but you can only take so many off. Plus winter has the advantages of not having insect or allergy problems.

Although if there was some crazy way for physics to make it winter for me and summer for all the ladies, I wouldn't mind.

Jerk
4/17/2006, 05:54 PM
I live in hell......(actually I work in Stillwater) and live 12 miles south.

Do you live by the OG&E Sooner Red Rock plant? I've loaded there a few times.

You know they found a mountain lion out that way a few years ago!

Edit- oh, nevermind, you said "south," I thought you said "north"

soonerbrat
4/17/2006, 06:03 PM
You can always put on more clothes, but you can only take so many off. Plus winter has the advantages of not having insect or allergy problems.

Although if there was some crazy way for physics to make it winter for me and summer for all the ladies, I wouldn't mind.

yeah, but if you put on too many clothes mobility becomes a problem. at least in a tank top and shorts i can move around.

and when i get cold...it takes a lot to warm me back up.
in summer you can just go jump in the lake

or pool..whatever :D

Sooner_Bob
4/17/2006, 06:04 PM

Here's hoping your dad gets well . . . ;)

Sooner_Bob
4/17/2006, 06:05 PM

Amen!!

opksooner
4/17/2006, 06:44 PM
CNN is reporting rolling blackouts in Baja Oklahoma.

Ooops...."the blackouts have been lifted. Things getting back to normal".

Texas? Normal?

trwxxa
4/17/2006, 07:04 PM
Because nobody trusts CNN, and why would they, Baja Oklahoma had rolling blackouts from 4:00 until 6:30. This was statewide. The blackouts lasted about 15 minutes each. Luckily, I was not affected in H-Town.

I'll call it California's revenge for Enron.:rolleyes: