PDA

View Full Version : Dallas golfers.....

Stanley1
4/17/2006, 02:38 PM
Anybody ever played Sky Creek Ranch out in Southlake? The company is having a little scramble out there in mid-May.

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 02:40 PM
I'll warn them you're coming.

Howzit
4/17/2006, 02:41 PM
I just got my renewed drivers license in the mail.

Hope that helps.

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 03:11 PM
Anybody ever played Sky Creek Ranch out in Southlake? The company is having a little scramble out there in mid-May.

Call OU4Life if you need an 'A' player...........Signed his protectorate IB4OU2 ;)

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2006, 03:19 PM
i would imagine if its in southlake, its fairly nice

TexasLidig8r
4/17/2006, 03:26 PM
With new houses up and down both sides of every fairway.

Stanley1
4/17/2006, 03:33 PM
With new houses up and down both sides of every fairway.

**** me!

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2006, 03:34 PM
remember......rooftops are your buddy......

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 03:35 PM
**** me!

And a dickhead lives inside. And you better hope he doesn't have Stucco walls. If he does, prepare to be bent over. ;)

crawfish
That's my neighborhood golf course. It's actually in Keller. It's pretty nice...but I've never played it. Had some nice jogs through it, though. :O

What day are you playing? I need to notify the neighbors to keep their daughters inside.

colleyvillesooner
See what I told you about the guy that lives inside? ;)

crawfish
4/17/2006, 03:37 PM

That's the guy down the street. I don't back up to the course. :twinkies:

Stanley1
4/17/2006, 03:38 PM

Heh.

At least I know I can beat his ***. :D ;)

Mjcpr
That's the guy down the street. I don't back up to the course. :twinkies:

What do you back up to?

Stanley1
What do you back up to?

Didn't you read his post? He backs up to the :twinkies:

crawfish
4/17/2006, 03:39 PM
What do you back up to?

Not you, so quit asking. :mad:

colleyvillesooner
You haven't laughed until you watch a friend tell a ****ed off home owner with a broken window, "Dude, what do you expect? You live on a ****ing golf course!"

Mjcpr
Didn't you read his post? He backs up to the :twinkies:

That's hawt.

Stanley1
4/17/2006, 03:44 PM
You haven't laughed until you watch a friend tell a ****ed off home owner with a broken window, "Dude, what do you expect? You live on a ****ing golf course!"

Heh.

I played in a scramble at a nice course up in the Tulsa area. This one hole had a massive dogleg right. You tee off really high up, this dude just shanked his left. The ball seemed to be in slow-mo the entire way, then "CRACK", right through a window. I swear, we hadn't even made it to the carts and we could see the lady and her daughter, waiting outside, with paper and pencil in hand. Obviously, that wasn't the first time.

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 03:45 PM
Heh.

I played in a scramble at a nice course up in the Tulsa area. This one hole had a massive dogleg right. You tee off really high up, this dude just shanked his left. The ball seemed to be in slow-mo the entire way, then "CRACK", right through a window. I swear, we hadn't even made it to the carts and we could see the lady and her daughter, waiting outside, with paper and pencil in hand. Obviously, that wasn't the first time.

If you live on a course and don't have the golf ball proof windows, there's something wrong with you. And there probably expensive, but dude, you live on a golf course.

jk the sooner fan
4/17/2006, 03:51 PM
MOST golf course communities have written into their HOA that they must carry the proper insurance for broken windows.....negating the responsibility on the golfer

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 03:52 PM
My dad told me the story of the time he was playing with his Grandpa a long time ago. My Dad did the following two things in the same round:

1. Teed off and hit a tree a little ways away about as thick as a baseball bat. The ball came right back at him and landed behind the tee box. His drive was -10 yards.

2. He teed of on a hole with a house off to the right. He sliced the drive pretty bad, ball starts heading for the house. The garage door is cracked open, but only about 8 inches off the ground. Ball takes the perfect hop and goes right under the crack. He says it must have ricocheted off the walls 10 times, banging in to stuff. Grandpa said "We're gonna let him keep that one."

Mjcpr
4/17/2006, 03:57 PM
So your dad was a lefty?

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 03:58 PM
So your dad was a lefty?

No, righty. Got my hook/slice directions confused.

Mjcpr
4/17/2006, 03:58 PM
Amateur.

crawfish
4/17/2006, 03:59 PM
I cracked a car's window when golfing Westwood in Norman years ago.

My wife's uncle has a house of a golf course in Plano. He pulls about a dozen balls out of his pool each week. :)

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 04:00 PM
I cracked a car's window when golfing Westwood in Norman years ago.

My wife's uncle has a house of a golf course in Plano. He pulls about a dozen balls out of his pool each week. :)

Wer'e they driving down Robinson? :D

crawfish
4/17/2006, 04:33 PM
Wer'e they driving down Robinson? :D

Parked.

We finished that hole rather quickly...

TexasLidig8r
4/17/2006, 04:57 PM

Don't the swimmers mind?

leftfield
4/17/2006, 06:16 PM

Yes, its a very nice course. It will be in good shape, greens are pretty slick.

BajaOklahoma
4/17/2006, 06:33 PM
Over the years we've looked at lots of houses on golf courses - before we even bother going inside, Mr. Baja looks at the location of the tee boxes and greens. There have been quite a few homes that we never bothered to check out further.
Any homeowner not any smarter than that deserves what they get.

King Crimson
4/17/2006, 06:44 PM
i saw a guy hit a tee shot and he made such little contact the ball went between his legs. the ball travelled a total of about 5 feet.

Stanley1
5/20/2006, 02:46 PM
That's my neighborhood golf course. It's actually in Keller. It's pretty nice...but I've never played it. Had some nice jogs through it, though. :O

What day are you playing? I need to notify the neighbors to keep their daughters inside.

Sorry for the late notice, but uh.....I was there this morning.

Nice course. Fairways and greens were immaculate. Challenging, but not overly tough. My group was 7 under, winners were 9 under. We tied for 3rd.

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2006, 03:56 PM
did you hit any houses?

crawfish
5/20/2006, 04:09 PM
So for the late notice, but uh.....I was there this morning.

Nice course. Fairways and greens were immaculate. Challenging, but not overly tough. My group was 7 under, winners were 9 under. We tied for 3rd.

Dangit. I was going to hang by the 14th hole and yell "STANLEY" when you went to hit... :mad:

Stanley1
5/20/2006, 04:16 PM
Dangit. I was going to hang by the 14th hole and yell "STANLEY" when you went to hit... :mad:

Dude, that was our last hole, I was probably there around 12:10. Par 3, so I couldn't nail you with a driver, but I could have sprayed the ol' 5-iron over your way.

Stanley1
5/20/2006, 04:16 PM
did you hit any houses?

Um.....pretty sure I hit two, but I didn't get to see them actually hit the houses. I just held my breath and prayed. :D

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2006, 04:19 PM
Um.....pretty sure I hit two, but I didn't get to see them actually hit the houses. I just held my breath and prayed. :D

I've had more of those than I care to admit.

You just kind of close your eyes and hope for the thud sound of a roof, and not the crash sound of a window.

Stanley1
5/20/2006, 04:22 PM
I've had more of those than I care to admit.

You just kind of close your eyes and hope for the thud sound of a roof, and not the crash sound of a window.

Yep. I also duck hooked a drive that was heading towards a moving car, until it hit a tree. Thank God for that tree.

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2006, 04:27 PM
Good gosh - you are dangerous.

You know, the green area with the nice cut grass in front of you from the tee box is called a fairway. You are suppose to hit you ball there.

The other area at the end of the fairway, with the really short grass around a flag is called a green. It also helps to hit your ball there.

YWIA.

;)

Stanley1
5/20/2006, 04:29 PM
Good gosh - you are dangerous.

You know, the green area with the nice cut grass in front of you from the tee box is called a fairway. You are suppose to hit you ball there.

The other area at the end of the fairway, with the really short grass around a flag is called a green. It also helps to hit your ball there.

YWIA.

;)

Ah.....that makes the round go to quickly. I like to get my money's worth, get in about 100 strokes, and see the ENTIRE course. :D

But yes, I am dangerous, Ice <weird teeth bite thingy> Man. ;)

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2006, 04:42 PM
Speaking of Dallas area golf. I see that Richard S. Johnson is on the leaderboard at The Colonial. I wonder why he goes by Richard and not Dick?

Stanley1
5/20/2006, 04:52 PM
Speaking of Dallas area golf. I see that Richard S. Johnson is on the leaderboard at The Colonial. I wonder why he goes by Richard and not Dick?

If his middle name was Shaft, that'd be cool.

Dick Shaft Johnson

Newbomb Turk
5/20/2006, 04:57 PM
...or Stiff.

colleyvillesooner
5/20/2006, 04:59 PM
Just finished playing Grapveine. My second round since December. Shot a 91, with a 43 on the back. Stupid gap wedge.