PDA

View Full Version : Getting TX plates and DL

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:10 PM
Other than my current Colorado DL and registration and some money what else do I need to round up before I head out to get said plates and license?

mrowl
4/17/2006, 02:13 PM
proof of insurance

OUDoc
4/17/2006, 02:17 PM
A car.

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:17 PM
Stan, you've lived here longer than I have, what are the steps involved here?

mrowl
4/17/2006, 02:19 PM
take your ipod to avoid the crazy kids and the loud spanish.

Howzit
4/17/2006, 02:19 PM
They just sent me my renewed license in the mail.

Hope that helps.

Mjcpr
4/17/2006, 02:20 PM
The sense god gave a goose?

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:21 PM
They just sent me my renewed license in the mail.

Hope that helps.

immensely

Howzit
4/17/2006, 02:22 PM
immensely

We're here to help.

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:22 PM
The sense god gave a goose?
way to fag up the thread Pat.

Way.
To.
Go.

Mjcpr
4/17/2006, 02:23 PM
This thing was going nowhere fast.

Howzit
4/17/2006, 02:23 PM
And here's the OleMiss 2005/2006 calendar.

http://www.olemisspikes.com/calendar/index.html

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:24 PM
I tell you what. I'm gonna leave the office in about 10 minutes to go take care of this.

You humpers have fun at work. I'm gonna go learn broken English at the DMV.

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 02:24 PM
Is this where I get a Boomer Sooner ringtone?

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:25 PM
Why are ya'll so mean to me? :(

Howzit
4/17/2006, 02:25 PM
I tell you what. I'm gonna leave the office in about 10 minutes to go take care of this.

You humpers have fun at work. I'm gonna go learn broken English at the DMV.

Take a pitcher of your 5-string bass. There will be lots of people in line to show it to.

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 02:26 PM
Here:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/movingtotexas.htm

That was tough to find too. Just googled "Texas DMV"

Woah. ;)

King Crimson
4/17/2006, 02:28 PM
i'm feelin pretty good that's not something on my slate of activities today.

1stTimeCaller
Here:

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administration/driver_licensing_control/movingtotexas.htm

That was tough to find too. Just googled "Texas DMV"

Woah. ;)

yeah, I checked that out and another site about 30 minutes ago

Mjcpr
If it's more than $43.30, I'd move to another state.

colleyvillesooner
4/17/2006, 02:30 PM
yeah, I checked that out and another site about 30 minutes ago

Then why were you asking the ****ing question!? It tells you everything right there. You're gonna need that CO DL, birth certificate and SS Card.

1stTimeCaller
i'm feelin pretty good that's not something on my slate of activities today.

Hopefully the dealio's in TX are more like the DMV's in OK and nothing like that crazy broken *** system Colorado has. That place sucks. Why would someone think that one office is sufficient for the City and County of Denver?

1stTimeCaller
Then why were you asking the ****ing question!? It tells you everything right there. You're gonna need that CO DL, birth certificate and SS Card.

I just wanted to see what you clowns could come up with.;)

jeremy885
4/17/2006, 02:33 PM
It's a pain.

1) you have to get your vehicle inspected and they'll give you a paper for the tags.
2) you go to the tag office (whatever it's called) and get your tags. Bring cash , because they will not take your check.
3) go to the DPS and exchange your license. Other than filling out a form and taking an eye exam, that's it.

You have to do it in this order or they'll tell you to ****off.

King Crimson
4/17/2006, 02:35 PM
Hopefully the dealio's in TX are more like the DMV's in OK and nothing like that crazy broken *** system Colorado has. That place sucks. Why would someone think that one office is sufficient for the City and County of Denver?

tell me about it. i was thinking the same thing reading the thread. the one's i've been to in Colorado there will either be 3 people there or 300. and have this wierd Stalinist feel to it--like everything is in black and white and feel like you are waiting in line for bread or shoes....with a lot of confusing signs in large type telling what to do. which lines on the floor to stand behind for party members and non-party members.

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:36 PM
It's a pain.

1) you have to get your vehicle inspected and they'll give you a paper for the tags.
2) you go to the tag office (whatever it's called) and get your tags. Bring cash , because they will not take your check.
3) go to the DPS and exchange your license. Other than filling out a form and taking an eye exam, that's it.

Thanks. I couldn't find on those websites if I could get the DL before the tags or not. I already got the inspection.

Teach those other clowns how to answer my questions woodja?

jeremy885
4/17/2006, 02:45 PM
I had to go through the same **** 6 months ago, after I received a ticket. Glad I could help.

They gave you a paper for the vehicle registration part, right?

1stTimeCaller
4/17/2006, 02:46 PM
I had to go through the same **** 6 months ago, after I received a ticket. Glad I could help.

They gave you a paper for the vehicle registration part, right?

yep. I have it in the glovebox. Next to my gloves.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/17/2006, 02:47 PM
You may need proof of birth...

or that may be another thread...;)

Penguin
4/17/2006, 10:37 PM
It's a pain.

Dude, I had forgotten about the order. I stood in line for an hour just to find out that I was supposed to get an inspection first.

BTW, you don't need to transfer the title to Texas to get registered. Don't know if you care, but it was a big deal to me at the time.

FaninAma
4/17/2006, 11:09 PM
When they find out you're from out of state they will automatically sign you up to be on the organ donor list. Then you need to be careful if you ever go to an ER in Texas because they are really looking for brain donors since there is a critical shortage of that particular organ in Austin.

olevetonahill
4/17/2006, 11:11 PM
yep. I have it in the glovebox. Next to my gloves.
Well are you an official :texan: yet ? or is there still hope for ya ? :eek:

olevetonahill
4/17/2006, 11:12 PM
When they find out you're from out of state they will automatically sign you up to be on the organ donor list. Then you need to be careful if you ever go to an ER in Texas because they are really looking for brain donors since there is a critical shortage of that particular organ in Austin.
Hes safe ;)

1stTimeCaller
4/18/2006, 08:34 AM
Hes safe ;)

Hey now!!

I couldn't find my SS card so I wasn't able to get my DL. I had an expired military ID with my picture and Social on there but that wasn't good enough.

Can any of you fine folks 'splain to me why it matters for the purpose of determining that the SS# I gave them is mine if the military ID is expired? I also tried my lifetime hunting and fishing license issued by the State of Oklahoma that has my name, DOB and SS# but that wouldn't suffice either.

I blame the illegals.

jeremy885
4/18/2006, 10:15 AM
Dude, I had forgotten about the order. I stood in line for an hour just to find out that I was supposed to get an inspection first.

BTW, you don't need to transfer the title to Texas to get registered. Don't know if you care, but it was a big deal to me at the time.

I was wondering why I never received an updated title from TX.