PDA

View Full Version : The frightening truth of why Iran wants a bomb

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 11:55 AM
Holy Moly.

Last Monday, just before he announced that Iran had gatecrashed "the nuclear club", President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad disappeared for several hours. He was having a khalvat (tête-à-tête) with the Hidden Imam, the 12th and last of the imams of Shiism who went into "grand occultation" in 941.

According to Shia lore, the Imam is a messianic figure who, although in hiding, remains the true Sovereign of the World. In every generation, the Imam chooses 36 men, (and, for obvious reasons, no women) naming them the owtad or "nails", whose presence, hammered into mankind's existence, prevents the universe from "falling off". Although the "nails" are not known to common mortals, it is, at times, possible to identify one thanks to his deeds. It is on that basis that some of Ahmad-inejad's more passionate admirers insist that he is a "nail", a claim he has not discouraged. For example, he has claimed that last September, as he addressed the United Nations' General Assembly in New York, the "Hidden Imam drenched the place in a sweet light".

Read the whole thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/04/16/do1609.xml

RedstickSooner
4/17/2006, 12:01 PM
Scary? Nah, man. This *totally* explains the whole bomb thing -- he just wants to drench a few cities in "sweet light" :D

soonerscuba
4/17/2006, 12:05 PM
I started hearing about this figure during the Iraq War about a year ago, scary stuff.

Tailwind
4/17/2006, 12:06 PM
Hunh.

85Sooner
4/17/2006, 12:19 PM
Funny but he right about many in the US. The pacifists and many liberals.
They do always run away from situations such as this.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 01:08 PM
Scary? Nah, man. This *totally* explains the whole bomb thing -- he just wants to drench a few cities in "sweet light" :D

Thats the scary thing, having a nut like this with a bomb AND a group like hezbollah, AQ and Hamas at this bidding.

We shouda shot this fool yesterday.

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2006, 01:10 PM
Thats the scary thing, having a nut like this with a bomb AND a group like hezbollah, AQ and Hamas at this bidding.

We shouda shot this fool yesterday.

It'll do no good to shoot him when there are a million more just like him ready to take his place.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 01:13 PM
It'll do no good to shoot him when there are a million more just like him ready to take his place.
Then I guess we need to show them our "sweet light".

SicEmBaylor
4/17/2006, 01:16 PM
Then I guess we need to show them our "sweet light".

That would cover our glass production for at least the next decade.

NormanPride
4/17/2006, 01:42 PM
When's he gonna start "uniting his people"?

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 02:41 PM
When's he gonna start "uniting his people"?

Some say he already is, and we (USA) are helping him do that.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 02:58 PM
Bring it on, you bastards.

IRAN has formed battalions of suicide bombers to strike at British and American targets if the nation’s nuclear sites are attacked. According to Iranian officials, 40,000 trained suicide bombers are ready for action.

The main force, named the Special Unit of Martyr Seekers in the Revolutionary Guards, was first seen last month when members marched in a military parade, dressed in olive-green uniforms with explosive packs around their waists and detonators held high.

Dr Hassan Abbasi, head of the Centre for Doctrinal Strategic Studies in the Revolutionary Guards, said in a speech that 29 western targets had been identified: “We are ready to attack American and British sensitive points if they attack Iran’s nuclear facilities.” He added that some of them were “quite close” to the Iranian border in Iraq.

In a tape recording heard by The Sunday Times, Abbasi warned the would-be martyrs to “pay close attention to wily England” and vowed that “Britain’s demise is on our agenda”.http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2136638,00.html

SCOUT
4/17/2006, 03:03 PM
According to Iranian officials, 40,000 trained suicide bombers are ready for action.

The main force, named the Special Unit of Martyr Seekers in the Revolutionary Guards, was first seen last month when members marched in a military parade, dressed in olive-green uniforms with explosive packs around their waists and detonators held high.

Is it just me or is probably a bad idea to have 40,000 people strapped with explosives all in the same place. It could turn out like a string of black cats on the Fourth of July

Harry Beanbag
4/17/2006, 03:05 PM
Those people are truly insane and are better off dead.

Octavian
4/17/2006, 03:38 PM
What would a US strike against Iran look like? The Weekly Standard's Thomas McInerny gives some an insight...

Target: Iran
Yes, there is a feasible option against the mullah's nuclear program

...What would an effective military response look like? It would consist of a powerful air campaign led by 60 stealth aircraft (B-2s, F-117s, F-22s) and more than 400 nonstealth strike aircraft, including B-52s, B-1s, F-15s, F-16s, Tornados, and F-18s. Roughly 150 refueling tankers and other support aircraft would be deployed, along with 100 unmanned aerial vehicles for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, and 500 cruise missiles. In other words, overwhelming force would be used.

The objective would be, first and foremost, to destroy or severely damage Iran's nuclear development and production facilities and put them out of commission for at least five years. Another aim would
be to destroy the Iranian air defense system, significantly damage its air force, naval forces, and Shahab-3 offensive missile forces. This would prevent Iran from projecting force outside the country and retaliating militarily. The air campaign would also wipe out or neutralize Iran's command and control capabilities.

This coalition air campaign would hit more than 1,500 aim points. Among the weapons would be the new 28,000-pound bunker busters, 5,000-pound bunker penetrators, 2,000-pound bunker busters, 1,000-pound general purpose bombs, and 500-pound GP bombs. A B-2 bomber, to give one example, can drop 80 of these 500-pound bombs independently targeted at 80 different aim points.

Thats an excerpt from one of two pretty good articles on Iran (the other entitled "To Bomb or Not to Bomb" in the latest WS.
http://http://www.weeklystandard.com/

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 03:58 PM
I would think the less ground troops, the better.

Could give the AF a nice chance to really show off I understand ;)

49r
4/17/2006, 04:42 PM
heh...

..."truth"

Scott D
4/17/2006, 04:43 PM
Tuba always passing off his newclear proliferation fantasies as fact ;)

MojoRisen
4/17/2006, 05:11 PM

FAT BOY and LITTLE -

soonerscuba
4/17/2006, 05:23 PM
To me, it is getting more and more simple everyday. Let him talk, then tell him to stop being crazy, should he not stop being crazy. Show him that although we screwed the pooch in Iraq, we have a different strategy in Iran, and the only hearts and minds that will change will probably be outside his countrymen's bodies on a dune somewhere.

Jerk
4/17/2006, 05:30 PM
I don't think we have a choice but to bomb them.

StoopTroup
4/17/2006, 05:34 PM
Suicide Bomber?

http://www.cob.tamucc.edu/waheed/Teaching%20Aids/Robot%20as%20camel%20jockey%20in%20Qatar%2019%20Ap r%202005%20Yahoo.jpg

MojoRisen
4/17/2006, 05:38 PM
Should we provide any anestetic for the camels and sand spiders? "AL GORE"

proud gonzo
4/17/2006, 05:59 PM
Holy Moly.

Read the whole thing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2006/04/16/do1609.xml
read the whole thing? I didn't even read your whole POST.

OklahomaTuba
4/17/2006, 06:16 PM
read the whole thing? I didn't even read your whole POST.
Its not that hard of a read, honest. :D