PDA

View Full Version : Baiters

OUinFLA
4/17/2006, 07:31 AM
Some people never seem to participate, but are just content to watch while others do stuff.

If Im taking some n00b out fishing I will gladly take the time to show them how to set up their equipment. Some of the knots are a bit confusing to someone who hasnt done this all their life, and I'll take a reasonable amount of time teaching them. However, I am out there to fish as well, and I am not getting paid to teach someone how to fish the flats with live bait. Soon enough they can retie their own rigs and bait their own hooks or they can spend the rest of the day fetching me cold bottled water, or suntanning on the front deck. Just dont get in my way.

Now if I am taking my grandkids, I realize I am not going to get to fish, so I am content to be the first mate for them.

every monday needs to start off with a copy cat thread.

sanantoniosooner
4/17/2006, 07:34 AM
Sounds like you're a master baiter.

to lazy to start your copycat.

OUinFLA
4/17/2006, 07:41 AM
this is the copycat !

sanantoniosooner
4/17/2006, 07:45 AM
I hadn't gotten around to reading taters yet. Guess it didn't register.

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 07:52 AM
I heard Sooner Scooter could bait a hook pretty well. BTW, FLA were you freshwater or saltwater fishing........I used to do a lot of Grouper fishing off the coast of Clearwater and had to teach all those Yankee transplants how to bait a hook.......

OUinFLA
4/17/2006, 08:40 AM
I do both. Got a private phosphate area I have access to where 40-60 bass days are the norm. I have caught 3 - 10# plus out there over the years and about 2000 over the 5# range.
Salt I mostly fish inshore for snook reds and trout. Just got a new boat capable of going about 15-20 miles offshore, but havent really had much time to use it this year. Grouper has been the suc for the past year due to a massive red tide outbreak off of St Pete.

IB4OU2
4/17/2006, 09:15 AM
Yep, bassfishing is my first love even though I had to sell my Bass boat when my oldest started college. When I lived in Fla. I wish I could of fished some of those lakes.........How much do you charge for a guide fee. :)

OUinFLA
4/17/2006, 09:56 AM
Soonerfans get a discount. help pay gas? buy me a can of vienna?
tie your own line, bait your own hook, release your own fish.