PDA

View Full Version : SWAIR - (Someone Waiting AIR)

sooner n houston
4/16/2006, 06:20 PM
Anyone else having trouble with SWA being late? I fly fromt Tulsa to Houston every other weekend. For the last 8 flights (4 trips) every flight has been at least one hour late! I cannot remember the last time SWA was late on a flight before I started taking this Tulsa to Houston trip regularly. I am pizzed!!!:( And yes, my flight tonight is already 90 minutes late.

JohnnyMack
4/16/2006, 06:22 PM
I do Vegas about 6 times a year on SWA. I'd say about 2 out of 6 times a year I get home on time.

IronSooner
4/16/2006, 06:24 PM
I have to take AA to fly anywhere from here and it's always at least two flights. One of which always gets delayed. At least you get to fly on a real-sized plane and pick your own seat. I've had to learn to hug my knees on the puddle-jumpers they send in here.

Seems like SWA was usually on time though back when I could fly with them. Maybe they're doing the fashionably late thing now that they're movie stars from that A&E show. ;)

Okla-homey
4/16/2006, 06:54 PM
Anyone else having trouble with SWA being late? I fly fromt Tulsa to Houston every other weekend. For the last 8 flights (4 trips) every flight has been at least one hour late! I cannot remember the last time SWA was late on a flight before I started taking this Tulsa to Houston trip regularly. I am pizzed!!!:( And yes, my flight tonight is already 90 minutes late.

Its that time of year. Pop-up afternoon thunderstorms throw things out of balance and domino throughout the system. FWIW, there is no peacetime reason to penetrate a thunderstorm. That is holy writ in the military flying biz. Prolly in civil flying too, although they'll push closer to a cell than we were allowed.

afs
4/16/2006, 09:38 PM
the only time i had a late SWA flight was the night before Thanksgiving. I think it's just Houston / Las Vegas