PDA

View Full Version : Have there been this many tornadoes in OK?

IronSooner
4/16/2006, 05:55 PM
It's been crazy in Illinois this year...3 tornado warnings in the last 4 weeks in Champaign. For some reason here only one (1) TV station has a radar and interrupts broadcast. You'd never know what hit you watching the other networks. As a kid they used to freak me out, now there's almost an excitement to it. And nothing makes you feel at home like somebody saying "get to the centermost part of your house..." I just wish we had Val. Or a getner.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 06:05 PM
I just wish we had Val. Or a getner.

I wish we didn't.

Actually - the weather stations in OKC are both a blessing and a curse. It's nice to have the coverage we have when the weather is REALLY bad. However, you get a little thunderstorm and they feel they have to cover it all night.

royalfan5
4/16/2006, 06:13 PM
It's been pretty active in Nebraska thus far. My Uncle lost a grain bin and a chunk of a roof of an outbuilding to one last night.

NickZeppelin
4/16/2006, 06:17 PM
I think there was only 1 day of actual Tornadoes and I don't think any were in the OKC area. I think there was one other day of coverage being cut in for severe weather. When it wasn't even that bad.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 07:03 PM
I think there was one other day of coverage being cut in for severe weather. When it wasn't even that bad.

yeah - the night of the Final 4.

IronSooner
4/16/2006, 07:13 PM
Nice. Yeah the interruptions suck, but at the same time it does lend a certain circus frenzy to it that can be entertaining. Especially the one-upsmanship by the different networks and their radars.

GottaHavePride
4/16/2006, 10:08 PM
Super-Ultra-Hyper Doppler Resonance Plasma Imaging 3DR9!!!! With snakes!

SOONER44EVER
4/16/2006, 11:27 PM
We had 66 tornados in 1 day!

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:GJYQxntABlwJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Tornado_Outbreak+record+tornado+outbreak+ oklahoma&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4