PDA

View Full Version : Garbage Disposals

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 05:01 PM
Does anybody know if you can shove about a pound of potato peels down the garbage disposal? My wife thinks you can. :rolleyes:

Just what I wanted to do on Easter - plumbing work.

sanantoniosooner
4/16/2006, 05:05 PM
Don't be fooled.

Wives just like to ruin our day.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 05:16 PM
no doubt.

Mrs. Norm
4/16/2006, 05:20 PM
This has happened to us with potato peels and spaghetti. Those are the two worst things to put down the disposal. After about the third time, I started putting in little bits of these down at a time. I think Norm flinches everytime I turn the disposal on.

BajaOklahoma
4/16/2006, 05:23 PM
We never have leftover spaghetti..............

sanantoniosooner
4/16/2006, 05:24 PM
This has happened to us with potato peels and spaghetti. Those are the two worst things to put down the disposal. After about the third time, I started putting in little bits of these down at a time. I think Norm flinches everytime I turn the disposal on.
As a person who has done extensive work on these, I would say the worsht I've have seen is carrot fiber.

Some tard took what was left over after juicing carrots and wreaked havoc on his lines.

Grease and cole slaw is pretty bad also.

yermom
4/16/2006, 05:27 PM
i put all my garbage in mine

Penguin
4/16/2006, 05:44 PM
Why can't you just put your potato peels in a garbage can?

sanantoniosooner
4/16/2006, 05:50 PM
Why can't you just put your potato peels in a garbage can?
A wife was involved.

Please read the whole thread before responding.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 06:02 PM
A wife was involved.

thank you! :D

GDC
4/16/2006, 06:05 PM
The best advice about garbage disposals is not to have one.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 06:06 PM

I'm starting to believe that.

StoopTroup
4/16/2006, 06:09 PM
Disposals aren't made for potato peels.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 06:12 PM

Oh......really!? :mad: :D

Penguin
4/16/2006, 06:20 PM
A wife was involved.

Damn it! I knew Go To Hell Saturday would be better than Easter Sunday! :mad:

sooner n houston
4/16/2006, 06:22 PM

Yes, they are! Unfortunatly the pipes are not made for the results from the peels down the disposal! :D

sanantoniosooner
4/16/2006, 06:23 PM
If properly used and cleaned with ice and comet every now and then, I think they are nice to have.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 06:57 PM
Finally got the damn thing cleaned out. It didn't help that I couldn't take the trap off.

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/16/2006, 06:59 PM
Garbage disposals are the devil. They tempt you with their convenience and their soothing whirring and chopping, only to condemn you later with plumbing problems that will take you to hell and back again.

Oh and... There is no such animal as left over spaghetti.

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 07:02 PM
Oh - and to make matters worse, as I'm digging down in the trap, taking the potato peels out piece by piece the wife says "I don't think that's where it's clogged".

Oh, really? - well then you find the damn clog! :mad:

Mrs. Norm
4/16/2006, 08:11 PM
Oh - and to make matters worse, as I'm digging down in the trap, taking the potato peels out piece by piece the wife says "I don't think that's where it's clogged".

Oh, really? - well then you find the damn clog! :mad:
It sounds like Newbomb needs to sit back, get a back rup, foot rub, a beer, and watch his favorite TV show. Too bad wives don't do things like this anymore. :D

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/16/2006, 08:24 PM
:eek:

They don't?!?

BoogercountySooner
4/16/2006, 08:27 PM
My wife didn't listen to my advice and put a disposal in our new house. We are on a septic system out there and I tried to tell her no way and she said yes way. To be continued! :mad:

Mrs. Norm
4/16/2006, 08:37 PM
:eek:

They don't?!?
No. We're too busy cooking dinner and stopping up garbage disposals! :rolleyes:

Newbomb Turk
4/16/2006, 08:38 PM
It sounds like Newbomb needs to sit back, get a back rup, foot rub, a beer, and watch his favorite TV show. Too bad wives don't do things like this anymore. :D

For the most part, I can't complain about Mrs. Turk. She's pretty good to me. Cept for the garbage disposal.

MamaMia
4/16/2006, 08:45 PM
I just put some newpaper in the sink and peel my vegetables. Afterward the clean up is simple.

olevetonahill
4/16/2006, 08:50 PM
As SAS said ice , comet and LOTS of water and dont shove that shat down there like its a 2 bit hooker:eek: It will work fine ;)
Lots of water while your chopping up the body , some ice , a lil comet to make it smell clean , Itll be ok even On a septic
Had one years ago ( a septic system also ) Loved to Dove hunt ;)
Cleaned the birds in the sink and the the disposal took care of what was left !
With enough water and some ice A goodin will handle any thing
;) YWIA

olevetonahill
4/16/2006, 08:54 PM
For the most part, I can't complain about Mrs. Turk. She's pretty good to me. Cept for the garbage disposal.
Make sure you have that crooked allen wrench lookin thingy handy . Then when it clogs up just lots of water and some Fast moves with the wrench will work wonders !:cool: As a side note that mite also work on Mrs :eek: :eek:

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/16/2006, 08:55 PM
No. We're too busy cooking dinner and stopping up garbage disposals! :rolleyes:

Mine burns boiled water.

Where did I go wrong?

Oh, yeah. She looked so HAWT in that floor length ball gown.

I was :stunned:

Al Gore
4/16/2006, 08:58 PM
As SAS said ice , comet and LOTS of water and dont shove that shat down there like its a 2 bit hooker:eek: It will work fine ;)
Lots of water while your chopping up the body , some ice , a lil comet to make it smell clean , Itll be ok even On a septic
Had one years ago ( a septic system also ) Loved to Dove hunt ;)
Cleaned the birds in the sink and the the disposal took care of what was left !
With enough water and some ice A goodin will handle any thing
;) YWIAIncluding people that owed you money........

olevetonahill
4/16/2006, 09:05 PM
Including people that owed you money........
I said BODY ;)

Al Gore
4/16/2006, 09:08 PM
I said BODY ;)I knew I like you for a reason......

olevetonahill
4/16/2006, 09:12 PM
I knew I like you for a reason......
Just glad DNA wasn't available back then ;) . They've since filled that thing in :cool:

GottaHavePride
4/16/2006, 10:30 PM
My wife didn't listen to my advice and put a disposal in our new house. We are on a septic system out there and I tried to tell her no way and she said yes way. To be continued! :mad:
On a septic system? That just doens't make sense. You need to be composting that stuff or feeding it to animals. Which is basically composting it, I guess.