PDA

View Full Version : OU down 6-4 with 2 outs in the 9th (Sunday)

AustinTXHorn
4/16/2006, 04:14 PM
- Ivey single
- Caufield 2 RBI home run
- Raley double
- Kaiser walk
- Rohlinger RBI single, OU wins 7-6.

Not bad.

Collier11
4/16/2006, 04:20 PM
Once again, the cardiac kids

AllAboutThe'O'
4/16/2006, 05:13 PM
If my stupid car hadn't conked out on me this weekend, I was planning to be at today's game.:mad:
That said, yay Sooners.:)

Jay C. Upchurch
4/16/2006, 05:44 PM
NORMAN — For the third time in the last four games and the second straight day against Missouri, No. 16 Oklahoma used its final at-bat to earn victory, 7-6, in the series finale on Sunday at L. Dale Mitchell Park.

Ryan Rohlinger’s RBI single, with two outs, in the ninth inning plated Russell Raley to complete the three-game sweep and extend the Sooners’ winning streak to six games. Earlier in the frame, Chuckie Caufield (3-for-5, 2 RBI) homered to left-center field which brought home Aaron Ivey, who started the two-out rally with a single, to tie the game at six runs each. Rohlinger finished the game 2-for-4 with an RBI and hit .538 during the three-game set against the Tigers.

Sunday’s victory completed the Sooners’ fourth sweep of the season, but first in Big 12 action. The win also moved OU’s overall mark to 28-10 overall and 8-4 in Big 12 play, while Missouri fell to 16-18 and 6-9.

Oklahoma has come from behind on 12 occasions this season and has used its last at-bat eight times to pull out a win. The Sooners rallied on Saturday in game two to post six runs in the ninth en route to an 8-6 win. The Sooners also won the series opener 6-4.

“I think the big key was the 3-1 count with Caufield (at the plate) and a runner on first,” said OU head coach Sunny Golloway. “He had the green light and sat on a 3-1 pitch in his wheelhouse and the ball left the yard. I think there’s a sense of destiny with this team.”

OU SID Report

Stanley1
4/16/2006, 07:00 PM
The gotta quit waiting until the last few innings, that won't always work. Love the heart, but with a little more consistency throughout the game, this team could suprise some people in the postseason.

soonerguild
4/16/2006, 07:21 PM
confidence is confidence and these last two games have shown that we can win any game at any time. The teams confidence has to be at an all time high. I know this won't work everytime, but it is nice to know that we can do it, and that this team is special.

Bring on Rice
Boomer Sooner