PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Jam

StoopTroup
4/15/2006, 11:53 PM
Was on SNL...

Wonder who Eddie is trying to emulate?

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/sq-pearl-jam-vedder-smiles-.jpghttp://www.lisciandro.com/groups/largepic/BW17.jpg

or

http://www.epic.org/misc/squares/jim2.GIF

GottaHavePride
4/16/2006, 12:05 AM
Those are, um, three hairy dudes.

Well my baby's in love with Eddie Vedder...

royalfan5
4/16/2006, 12:09 AM
I saw their first song on SNL, and my impression was that is was an very unremakable song.

jk the sooner fan
4/16/2006, 12:37 AM
he has really aged...

Octavian
4/16/2006, 01:06 AM
My favorite!!

Will probably always go down as Nirvana's little brother even though they weren't really grunge...

Eddie and PJ are pretty incredible live too...but I still miss the early 90s long hair

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7042/11019310254008gj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Flagstaffsooner
4/16/2006, 01:13 AM
Remember when we were in Africa?

Octavian
4/16/2006, 01:15 AM
supposed to see em in late May in DC...hope it works out...

yermom
4/16/2006, 01:46 AM
yet again those mother****ers aren't playing anywhere near here?! :mad:

Octavian
4/16/2006, 02:00 AM
yet again those mother****ers aren't playing anywhere near here?! :mad:

check out "Oklahoma" on one of the music search engines....from the Ford Center show...

yermom
4/16/2006, 02:43 AM
:confused:

Octavian
4/16/2006, 03:27 AM
:confused:

if you have iTunes or one of the other free music search programs that I should have but dont b/c Im too afraid of the computer being corrupted by scandalous viruses...type in "Pearl Jam Oklahoma" and you'll get a 30-45 sec segment of a PJ tribute they did to OK at their OKC show

Octavian
4/16/2006, 03:29 AM
it actually sucks but its about Oklahoma so...it worth 99 cents if you're both a PJ and OK fan

Shaz-Bot
4/16/2006, 10:21 AM
I'm seeing them in Denver on 7/2. Twin bill with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. It should be a great show. Only bad thing is the concert is at the Pepsi Center, not Red Rocks...

yermom
4/16/2006, 10:31 AM
if you have iTunes or one of the other free music search programs that I should have but dont b/c Im too afraid of the computer being corrupted by scandalous viruses...type in "Pearl Jam Oklahoma" and you'll get a 30-45 sec segment of a PJ tribute they did to OK at their OKC show

ahh, ok i kinda remember that, i was at that show

sounds like a cool show in Denver Shaz-Bot... if it was at a different time, i'd be tempted to go up there for it

Scott D
4/16/2006, 11:59 AM
My favorite!!

Will probably always go down as Nirvana's little brother even though they weren't really grunge...

Eddie and PJ are pretty incredible live too...but I still miss the early 90s long hair

Really it's ok to say they kicked Nirvana's *** and that Kurt Cobain was overrated, yermom will be your best friend then ;)

oumartin
4/16/2006, 12:02 PM
who is pearl jam? are they as good as poison?

bri
4/16/2006, 12:33 PM
Foghat has a new album? Sweet, now KMOD will have something new to play.

yermom
4/16/2006, 12:35 PM
Really it's ok to say they kicked Nirvana's *** and that Kurt Cobain was overrated, yermom will be your best friend then ;)

:mad:

i actually always preferred Pearl Jam to Nirvana

that is saying a lot, because i REALLY liked Nirvana

the two bands weren't all that similar (especially later on), but always got lumped together

who knows what Nirvana would sound like now if KC was still alive... but that band seemed destined to fall apart even if he hadn't killed himself

i'm pretty sure they would have burned out before they faded away ;)

oumartin
4/16/2006, 01:15 PM
i'm pretty sure they would have burned out before they faded away

are you immortal?

I have to be honest that after high school I didn't take to the new bands that were coming out. I tried to stick to the stuff I was brought up with. Mullets, hair bands, teased hair, acid washed mini-skirts and such.
I dont' even know any song that pearl jam has. I do know they had a video with that pet cemetary kid in it.

King Crimson
4/16/2006, 01:21 PM
are you immortal?

I have to be honest that after high school I didn't take to the new bands that were coming out. I tried to stick to the stuff I was brought up with. Mullets, hair bands, teased hair, acid washed mini-skirts and such.
I dont' even know any song that pearl jam has. I do know they had a video with that pet cemetary kid in it.

i'm not a pearl jam fan since it's dumbest band name ever and their first record was silly arena rock.....but that mullet, acid wash stuff is just plain sad.

poison and motley crue sucked. i liked the crue when i was in 6th grade. 6th grade! they still suck.

(and defenders: i know about "mookie blaylock").

the best so-called grunge record is Nirvana "Bleach". grunge is some doofus name made up by marketing execs.

bri
4/16/2006, 01:25 PM
What he said. ^

The most annoying thing about attending college in the early 90's? F*ckin' GRUNGE. If I saw one more ********* wearing a ratty flannel shirt and stocking cap IN THE MIDDLE OF F*CKING SUMMER, I was gonna scale the clock tower and thin out the campus...

Octavian
4/16/2006, 01:28 PM
i'm not a pearl jam fan since it's dumbest band name ever...

their first band name was Mookie Blaylock!

No joke....they're really big basketball fans and the loved the name...but they hand to change it.

"Pearl Jam" was shortened from "Pearl's Jam"...Pearl was one their grandmothers and her "jam" was moonshine

Octavian
4/16/2006, 01:29 PM
What he said. ^

The most annoying thing about attending college in the early 90's? F*ckin' GRUNGE. If I saw one more ********* wearing a ratty flannel shirt and stocking cap IN THE MIDDLE OF F*CKING SUMMER, I was gonna scale the clock tower and thin out the campus...

sounds like you had the teenage angst down though ;)

King Crimson
4/16/2006, 01:43 PM
their first band name was Mookie Blaylock!

jesus.

proud gonzo
4/16/2006, 01:44 PM
Oh, my baby, my baby she don't want me no more
Ever since she saw his poster in that record store
She says the way he grinds his molars is really sexy
She thinks he's so darn dysfunctional and "Generation X"y
She likes his brooding angst and his wild-eyed stare
Yeah, he's her very favorite slacker multi-millionaire

bri
4/16/2006, 02:04 PM
sounds like you had the teenage angst down though ;)

Nah, just good old-fashioned, healthy rage.

Which explains why, while I'll immolate Candlebox or Screaming Trees if I ever see them, I still like Nirvana. ;)

And also why I'm so cranky in traffic.