PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the S.O from Atlanta

OU Adonis
4/15/2006, 01:34 PM
I am going to Atlanta on a business trip monday of next week. I will be riding the MARTA to my hotel after flying in earlier in the day. So what sort of horrible things should I expect?

olevetonahill
4/15/2006, 02:02 PM
I am going to Atlanta on a business trip monday of next week. I will be riding the MARTA to my hotel after flying in earlier in the day. So what sort of horrible things should I expect?
Donald trump ?
I got nuthin :P

GDC
4/15/2006, 02:04 PM
Didn't there used to be an Atlanta Sooner with his own board?

OU Adonis
4/15/2006, 02:22 PM
Its the public rail system in Atlanta, I hear its pretty bad, but I was looking for some gruesome stories and stuff. :)

olevetonahill
4/15/2006, 02:26 PM
Its the public rail system in Atlanta, I hear its pretty bad, but I was looking for some gruesome stories and stuff. :)
What could be more gruesome than meeting the "Donald "

SoonerInKCMO
4/15/2006, 05:27 PM
No gruesome stories here. I was there a couple of years ago and rode the train from the airport to within a block of our hotel. Nothing even remotely interesting happened on the trip.

Cam
4/15/2006, 05:53 PM
We rode MARTA all the time when we lived there. Never had any issues. Nothing out of the normal for a large city public transit system.

King Crimson
4/15/2006, 06:08 PM
Didn't there used to be an Atlanta Sooner with his own board?

yeah, i remember that....it was a recruiting board as I recall, back in ze old days.

I have a college buddy from ATL and we took the MARTA a couple times to have lunch with his pops around his office. no big deal. i never felt unsafe. be sure and check out the Varsity for Chili Dogs. that place is a trip. there's also some killer chinese and vietnamese restaurants on this burned out highway called the Buford highway. if you want to eat where the chinese mafia eat...the Buford highway is the spot. maybe "killer" isn't the best adjective....

I like Atlanta except it's really fuggin hot, there's way too much concrete and Ted Turner, and it takes 30 minutes to go *anywhere*.

Cam
4/15/2006, 06:34 PM
3 Dollar Cafe & Mellow Mushroom Pizza are musts on any trip to Atl.

usmc-sooner
4/15/2006, 06:37 PM
Welcome to Atlanta where the players play
And we ride on dem thangs like ev-ery day
Big beats, hit streets, see gangsters roamin
And parties dont stop 'til eight in the mo'nin

King Crimson
4/15/2006, 06:56 PM
and don't get confused that half the streets are called Peachtree.

trwxxa
4/15/2006, 09:35 PM
If your staying downtown, stop at Max Lagers. Darn fine brew.

No problems with MARTA when I was there in January. They have TVs.

JohnnyMack
4/15/2006, 09:51 PM
www.canoeatl.com

YWIA

Mjcpr
4/15/2006, 09:52 PM
www.canoeatl.com (http://www.canoeatl.com)

YWIA

Does that say cameltoe? Cuz if so, you're gettin' a week.

:D

JohnnyMack
4/15/2006, 09:56 PM
Does that say cameltoe? Cuz if so, you're gettin' a week.

:D

http://www.makinggirlsrun.com/pics/egypt6.jpg

Jimminy Crimson
4/16/2006, 12:32 AM
I second (or third) the Mellow Mushroom.

MARTA worked fine for me back in 2002 at the Final Four. Seemed efficient and clean to me...