PDA

View Full Version : What are we gonna do with these

85Sooner
4/15/2006, 11:35 AM
A$$holes

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/15/060415084241.xdv0o3w3.html

Iran threatening US and Israel. Either they are stupid or just think they are rattleing their mini sabres.

StoopTroup
4/15/2006, 11:55 AM
With guys like this one making decisions, we'll do just fine.

Talk about your decaying power...

http://www.breitbart.com/images/2006/3/15/060415084241.xdv0o3w3/SGE.JCZ85.150406084232.photo04.quicklook.default-165x245.jpg

Okla-homey
4/15/2006, 12:25 PM
Okay, here's the plan. <just speculation on my part since I'm retired now and no longer 'in the loop"> :O

We'll use 'specially adapted thermonuclear B-61 gravity bombs optimized for surface penetration with hardened noses and selected for low nuclear yields. These will be released from high altitude stealthy platforms against Iranian nuke sites. The bombs will penetrate the surface deeply and the effects at the surface and associated nuclear fall-out will be minimized.

The really cool part is there is absolutely nothing the Persians can do to stop it and it will take them completely by surprise when it comes. Heck, we could even deny we did if we wanted, although we're stand-up joes and won't do that.

You gotta love the irony. We'll use good nukes to take out their evil nukes. Its poetry and me likey.

I can't wait to read the de-classified after-action reports.

StoopTroup
4/15/2006, 12:35 PM
I saw an interview with a retired "Expert" that said the reinforced deep bunkers that the Iranians were building would be a real problem to get deep penetration to and that if we used nuclear power on them we would have to answer to the rest of the World for the use of such drastic steps.

I figure he was just blowing smoke in the Iranians direction so that they would continue to think they were "Unstoppable".

I think Homey is right on.

85Sooner
4/15/2006, 12:50 PM
Okay, here's the plan. <just speculation on my part since I'm retired now and no longer 'in the loop"> :O

We'll use 'specially adapted thermonuclear B-61 gravity bombs optimized for surface penetration with hardened noses and selected for low nuclear yields. These will be released from high altitude stealthy platforms against Iranian nuke sites. The bombs will penetrate the surface deeply and the effects at the surface and associated nuclear fall-out will be minimized.

The really cool part is there is absolutely nothing the Persians can do to stop it and it will take them completely by surprise when it comes. Heck, we could even deny we did if we wanted, although we're stand-up joes and won't do that.

You gotta love the irony. We'll use good nukes to take out their evil nukes. Its poetry and me likey.

I can't wait to read the de-classified after-action reports.

I tend to believe your right although an intellegence agency here is austin gives a weekly appearance on one of our morning shows and historically has been very close to right on. His last report basically stated that Iran was talking all this smack in order to have a part in the decisions regarding the iraq government. He said that Iran is afraid that the iraq government will be the either shiite or sunni run (whichever is the opposite of Iran) and then they could be into another 10 year war with iraq. Thus that is what this is all about? Time will tell but I dare them to try anything against israel. They don't put up with sh!tyy the way we do.

OklahomaTuba
4/15/2006, 12:58 PM
Long read, but a good one.

http://www.city-journal.org/html/16_2_iran.html

jk the sooner fan
4/15/2006, 02:40 PM
all i know is this......before we do this, can we get on record with all the members of congress.....and the people that post here, whether they believed the Iranians had nukes or not

seriously, lets establish that, cause you know later when we go looking for what we've blown up and cant find it, somebody will say 'AH HAAAA, THEY NEVER HAD THEM"

Vaevictis
4/15/2006, 02:46 PM
You seem to be under the misunderestimation that it's Congress that's in charge of the intelligence agencies. In fact, it's the President. If the intel is bad, it's the President's responsibility, not Congress'.

(Let's nevermind the fact that the President is in a position to unduly influence the intelligence agencies to report whatever he wants to Congress; sadly, Congress is somewhat at the President's mercy in this regard).

There's a reason why Truman had that little "The Buck Stops Here" sign on his desk.

jk the sooner fan
4/15/2006, 05:06 PM
You seem to be under the misunderestimation that it's Congress that's in charge of the intelligence agencies. In fact, it's the President. If the intel is bad, it's the President's responsibility, not Congress'.

(Let's nevermind the fact that the President is in a position to unduly influence the intelligence agencies to report whatever he wants to Congress; sadly, Congress is somewhat at the President's mercy in this regard).

There's a reason why Truman had that little "The Buck Stops Here" sign on his desk.

really? i would have never known that .....:rolleyes:

my point was, the congress was pretty much all on board with the intelligence in the past.....a belief shared by most of the modern world (including many arab nations)......only now, they act as if they never ever gave it any credibility

OklahomaTuba
4/15/2006, 05:30 PM
A great example of this is General Zinni.

They guy the left keeps trotting out saying Iraq never had WMD, and Bush lied blah blah blah.

Yet, the records of what these people say is on the net. The media and the pro-terror saddmists just choose to ignore it out of hatred for Bush.

Despite claims that WMD efforts have ceased, Iraq probably is continuing clandestine nuclear research, retains stocks of chemical and biological munitions, … Even if Baghdad reversed its course and surrendered all WMD capabilities, it retains the scientific, technical, and industrial infrastructure to replace agents and munitions within weeks or months.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5415

Vaevictis
4/15/2006, 05:53 PM
my point was, the congress was pretty much all on board with the intelligence in the past

My point is that it's not really relevant. The President is responsible for making sure the intelligence is good, and if he sells a war based on bad intel, he has the lion's share of the responsibility.

.....a belief shared by most of the modern world (including many arab nations)......only now, they act as if they never ever gave it any credibility

Only the most of the modern world acknowledged that there was enough doubt to warrant further inspections. Besides, I thought one of the whole rallying cries of the run up to the Iraq war was that we weren't going to let the world dictate our foreign policy. Why is it important what the world thought now, if it wasn't then?

Look, I'm not saying that the rubber-stamp Congress from 2001-2004 wasn't a problem, I'm just saying that it doesn't excuse the President's failings.

jk the sooner fan
4/15/2006, 06:03 PM
dude, my original comment was tongue in cheek and merely poking fun at all the monday morning quarterbacking thats occurred since the decision was made

you really werent supposed to take it that serious

Vaevictis
4/15/2006, 06:05 PM
Man, I take everything seriously. I'm often told I'm annoying that way. ;)