PDA

View Full Version : File your taxes

Norm In Norman
4/14/2006, 11:08 PM
NOW!

I used taxslayer. It's not for the weak of heart, but it only cost 9.99 for federal and state. Actually, I filled everything out on Turbotax then copied the data over to taxslayer. Turbotax was going to charge me $40 and they both came up with the same numbers. of course, my return is easy...

GottaHavePride
4/14/2006, 11:10 PM
I used the H&R Block online stuff. It was awesome. I got about $1000 refund. (and no, they weren't withholding too much. I didn't make very much last year.)

JohnnyMack
4/14/2006, 11:17 PM
If by "File your taxes" you mean "Did you deposit your refund check over a month ago?" then yes, I concur.

ChickSoonerFan
4/14/2006, 11:25 PM
Link? Site?

sanantoniosooner
4/14/2006, 11:27 PM
Link? Site?
here you go (http://www.bobevans.com/website%5Crecipes.nsf/RecipeList?ReadForm&Category=Fully+Cooked+Express+Sausage+Links)

Norm In Norman
4/14/2006, 11:33 PM
Link? Site?
http://www.taxslayer.com/

I always start my taxes around feb 1 and finish them in april. i'm such a bum.

ChickSoonerFan
4/14/2006, 11:36 PM
here you go (http://www.bobevans.com/website%5Crecipes.nsf/RecipeList?ReadForm&Category=Fully+Cooked+Express+Sausage+Links)

<shakes head>

ChickSoonerFan
4/14/2006, 11:37 PM
http://www.taxslayer.com/

I always start my taxes around feb 1 and finish them in april. i'm such a bum.

Thank you!!! Technically we have till Sunday night...right?

BajaOklahoma
4/15/2006, 12:34 AM
Mr. Baja filed for an extension this year - our first time to ever have to do this. We sold our part of a business last summer - a very tiny part - and the stupid guy in charge of giving us our forms for tax purposes has messed it up twice.

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/15/2006, 01:17 AM
I didn't have to file until August 28th, due to Hurricane Katrina.

I was fortunate though, and didn't suffer much damage--just lost a roof, a fence and some siding.

The refund covered my wind deductible.

OklahomaTuba
4/15/2006, 01:18 AM
Don't forget now folks. All those illegal messicans need your financial support, so don't delay!

Gracias Amigos.

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/15/2006, 01:31 AM
True. An army of illegal alien protesters marches on the largesse of taxpayers.

jacru
4/15/2006, 01:37 AM
Si se puede... or whatever.:D

Mjcpr
4/15/2006, 09:13 AM
How did you copy your stuff over, Norm? TurboTax has been making it more and more difficult to do that.....they charge you before you can print or view your return now.

Sooner_Bob
4/15/2006, 09:23 AM
NOW!

I used taxslayer. It's not for the weak of heart, but it only cost 9.99 for federal and state. Actually, I filled everything out on Turbotax then copied the data over to taxslayer. Turbotax was going to charge me $40 and they both came up with the same numbers. of course, my return is easy...

I've used Taxslayer for the last 3 or 4 years without issue . . . until this year.

It didn't file that extra form I needed with for my last NM return. My OK and FED return went through just fine though . . .

Al Gore
4/15/2006, 09:48 AM
Taxes??????

slickdawg
4/15/2006, 10:15 AM
Thank you!!! Technically we have till Sunday night...right?

The 17th is "April 15th" this year. So you have until midnight on Monday.

StoopTroup
4/15/2006, 11:56 AM
Bush made a measely + $700,000 last year and Cheney raked in 9 Million and got a + $1,000,000 refund. I'd like to see that list of deductions.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/15/2006, 01:43 PM
Bush made a measely + $700,000 last year and Cheney raked in 9 Million and got a + $1,000,000 refund. I'd like to see that list of deductions. Is there some real hate here? Don't hold anything back.

ChickSoonerFan
4/15/2006, 01:47 PM
The 17th is "April 15th" this year. So you have until midnight on Monday.

phew...I thought so. I stayed up late and got most of them done last night on the H&R Block site. I need one more bit of information and I should be done, at least with Federal. Still have to do state.

Vaevictis
4/15/2006, 02:59 PM
Bush made a measely + $700,000 last year and Cheney raked in 9 Million and got a + $1,000,000 refund. I'd like to see that list of deductions.

According to an article I read, the Cheney's paid about $2 million in estimated tax, but made about $4 million in charitable donations. $1 million in taxes on 5 million taxable income seems reasonable (if most of the taxable income was capital gains).

(Far be it for me to defend people in this administration, but hey, facts are facts)

sooner n houston
4/15/2006, 03:43 PM
(Far be it for me to defend people in this administration, but hey, facts are facts)

Generally speaking, the libs around here don't let those little things called facts get in their way! :D

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/15/2006, 04:14 PM
According to an article I read, the Cheney's paid about $2 million in estimated tax, but made about $4 million in charitable donations. $1 million in taxes on 5 million taxable income seems reasonable (if most of the taxable income was capital gains).

actually 6.4 million in charitable donations. however, that shouldn't have lowered his taxes that much as they cap out at a certain level and you have to carry them over to the next year...

Vaevictis
4/15/2006, 04:15 PM
Generally speaking, the libs around here don't let those little things called facts get in their way! :D

Heh, neither do a great deal of the conservatives ;)

StoopTroup
4/15/2006, 04:24 PM
Is there some real hate here? Don't hold anything back.
No hate.

Just saw it on the news this morning.

I figured it was good the general public knows these things.

It may not be accurate to the last dollar and there may be more facts (like an actual copy of both of their taxes), but public figures should have public records just as public companies should too.

If you state something about the current administration around here it seems your quick to be labeled a Lib for some reason. Pretty stupid IMO.

Flagstaffsooner
4/15/2006, 04:49 PM
Can I claim Beer as a dependent? Or can Beer claim me as a dependent?

StoopTroup
4/15/2006, 05:02 PM
Can I claim Beer as a dependent? Or can Beer claim me as a dependent?
Don't forget to deduct your Home security systems...:D

http://www.donationcar.net/images/puppysmall.gif

SoonerInKCMO
4/15/2006, 05:30 PM
Tax software is for sissies. Nothing but a pen and the forms for me.

OklahomaTuba
4/15/2006, 05:34 PM
If you state something about the current administration around here it seems your quick to be labeled a Lib for some reason. Pretty stupid IMO.

Thats probably my fault, sorry about that. :cool:

Flagstaffsooner
4/15/2006, 05:35 PM
Don't forget to deduct your Home security systems...:D

http://www.donationcar.net/images/puppysmall.gif
I have two cats and the auditor doesn't buy the spider patrol thing as home security.:)

Norm In Norman
4/16/2006, 09:22 PM
How did you copy your stuff over, Norm? TurboTax has been making it more and more difficult to do that.....they charge you before you can print or view your return now.
I just went to each section in TurboTax and copied the same info into TaxSlayer. It's a big pain in the ***. In fact, after a few minutes of messing with it (taxslayer is picky about punctuation and crap like that) I went and dug up my tax forms and typed it all in again. If I hadn't somehow upgraded to the pro version in turbo tax, I could have printed the pdf and done it that way. It would have been easier. Taxslayer's Oklahoma return SUCKS ***, but it wasn't extra so I don't care.

Way back when, the state would pay for your state and federal return on Turbotax. That was nice. I think if they had kept it up, they would have been saving money by now.

Oh, and I originally put my official title in for the occupation, "Programmer Analyst". The PDF I guess only has so many characters, so it printed "PROGRAMMER ANAL". I changed it to "Software Engineer", so now it says "SOFTWARE ENGINE".

soonerbub
4/16/2006, 11:54 PM
Cheney raked in 9 Million and got a + $1,000,000 refund.

Not trying to get all poly-tickle but he should spend EVERY BIT of that refund money on body armor for troops (at least humvees)--that may be the most absurd thing I have ever heard of (a vp with a million dollar refund)

Oh and I will use every bit of the next 24 hours on forms and schedules.:twinkies:

Vaevictis
4/17/2006, 12:12 AM
that may be the most absurd thing I have ever heard of (a vp with a million dollar refund)

Why is that absurd? All it means is that he overpaid his taxes by a million dollars. Gubbmint got the better end of that deal, too, as they essentially got an interest free, one million dollar loan.

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/17/2006, 08:07 AM
Heh, neither do a great deal of the conservatives ;)

Few extremists, regardless of what flavor they come in, let pesky things like facts get in their way.

ChickSoonerFan
4/17/2006, 10:36 AM
I still have till midnight tonight....I will be done by then but not much before then. :O

IB4OU2
4/17/2007, 02:44 PM
Is it too late now?

skycat
4/17/2007, 02:55 PM
Tax software is for sissies. Nothing but a pen and the forms for me.

Color me pink and put me in a skirt.

No way would I ever do ours without TurboTax if I didn't have to.