PDA

View Full Version : word is roark gone

crimson&cream
4/14/2006, 09:43 PM
It's circulating that not only has he missed classes he doesn't think Smitty is the weight room guy for him. Thats probably what has him ****ed off and missing classes.
It's said he wants to play with his brother at Nebr and will be at their spring game this weekend. All his Dad has to say is there is some family pressures that they're working through, but no denials he's leaving OU.
My thing is if he wants to play with his brother why did he commit to FSU in the first place then OU.
Well, my old coach use to tell us quitting takes, no talent, no motivation, no thought, no effort, as it's the easiest thing to do ....just quit.
If all this is true what a disappointment another OL leaving...what goes here.????????? after the way he played at San Antonio I expected big things from him, and here he was #1 center during spring practice. He should talk to some who've been through Smitty's workouts for several and how it greatly benefitted them, but made them mad a hell at the time.
I think if he tranfers now he'll have to sit out 2 yrs. and will still have to make classes and weight room at Nebr. What if somebody rubs him wrong up there ...then what.... transfer again.GEEZ!:mad:

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 09:45 PM
Really Roark might come up here? Hell we need the line depth, I wouldn't complain I suppose.

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 09:46 PM
Really Roark might come up here? Hell we need the line depth, I wouldn't complain I suppose.

Dick. :D

He should just listen to Rufus in the new Sooner Spectator:

SS: Are Coach Schmidt’s offseason workouts as tough as reported?

Alexander: They are tough and then some. You have to be mentally prepared to go through the physical challenges they demand of you in there. His workouts are all they are hyped up to be, believe me. You really kind of dread it, but you know deep down it’s what makes you better.

HuskerPower
4/14/2006, 09:49 PM
Maybe Kansas State is a good place for him :D

“We want players who want us, because we feel Nebraska’s a special, special situation... If you’re a prima donna, if you’re a drama queen, there’s no room for you at Nebraska... You can go to Kansas State.” - Bill Callahan

olevetonahill
4/14/2006, 09:51 PM

“We want players who want us, because we feel Nebraska’s a special, special situation... If you’re a prima donna, if you’re a drama queen, there’s no room for you at Nebraska... You can go to Kansas State.” - Bill Callahan
Quote " F--inf hillbillies " " quote
bill clansomething ;)

The Consumate Showman
4/14/2006, 09:54 PM
Who is reporting this about Chad? The news has said that he has had some class scheduling conflicts. Let's keep in mind that Chad is only 18 and should be in his senior year @ Ada, not at OU this early. Personally, I am somewhat acquainted with Chad (through my bro-in-law) and I can tell you that he is not exactly a "bright spot" in the classroom. Ada let's their star athletes get away with murder so I imagine Chad is having some difficulties in class if anything and Stoops MAY have told him to go to class and resolve the problems....Remember, DeMarrio Pleasant did this exact same thing about 3-4 weeks ago and he is back and doing just fine. Back to Chad, I know for a fact that HIS BROTHER, not Chad, is the one wanting to trasnfer to OU to play with Chad, not the other way around. CHad is a football player with some GREAT natural talent and ability. I for one am rooting for him......BOOMER SOONER!!!

HuskerPower
4/14/2006, 09:55 PM
Quote " F--inf hillbillies " " quote
bill clansomething ;)

Are we still on the F'in Hillbillys thing? I thought Callahan would have called and apologized after he got to experience Colorado fans. :D

BajaOklahoma
4/14/2006, 10:03 PM
Are we still on the F'in Hillbillys thing? I thought Callahan would have called and apologized after he got to experience Colorado fans. :D

Clownman isn't that smart. And we may have passed the point where it would do any good anyway.

SouthFortySooner
4/14/2006, 10:52 PM
When I look at his roster picture I see a.....pud.

RacerX
4/14/2006, 10:56 PM

Yeah, Bill is an asshat.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/15/2006, 12:57 AM
lets see, we are at 85 thanks to freeby and we've never started a season under stoops with more than 81 scholarship players on campus...

OklahomaTuba
4/15/2006, 01:15 AM
This is all John Blakes doing I tell yas. DAMN YOU BLAKE!!!!!!!!!

King Crimson
4/15/2006, 01:19 AM
“We want players who want us, because we feel Nebraska’s a special, special situation... If you’re a prima donna, if you’re a drama queen, there’s no room for you at Nebraska...” - Bill Callahan

who's the drama queen Bill?

stoopified
4/15/2006, 01:29 AM
This is all John Blakes doing I tell yas. DAMN YOU BLAKE!!!!!!!!!
This is true Blake says you can eat all the cheeseburgers you want,our only rule is don't go over 400 pounds,it makes you look sloppy fat.

OUGreg723
4/15/2006, 02:02 AM
Chad ainnt going nowhere. From all reports I've heard, the kid has got a great attitude and is a great team player.

The VIIIth
4/15/2006, 02:55 AM
We need to remember this young man left high school early and came to OU because his family and himself have always bled red. To speculate, and this is rampant speculation, does Chad and his family a disservice.

Keep the faith!

:)

Desert Sapper
4/15/2006, 03:43 AM
It's circulating that not only has he missed classes he doesn't think Smitty is the weight room guy for him. Thats probably what has him ****ed off and missing classes.
It's said he wants to play with his brother at Nebr and will be at their spring game this weekend. All his Dad has to say is there is some family pressures that they're working through, but no denials he's leaving OU.

Source? Quote? Link? Anything? This sounds like the NickZepp crap about some unspecified lineman ('probably White or Cooper') wanting to leave before spring practice even started (which, of course, came from a 'reliable source'). I'm not convinced. Convince me.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/15/2006, 04:37 AM
Well I hear that Michael Bolton is entertaining in concert...that don't make it true...also for future reference I don't really know anyone with any pull at the Athletic department so anything I say is purely made up ;)

sooneron
4/15/2006, 08:12 AM
I hope he stays. I think it's good for young people to honor documents when they have signed them. OTOH, I can't imagine what could be running through his head. He should be thinking about acing his finals (in HS) and the prom. I'm not a big fan of the early entry thing, 'cept in certain cases. Too many of these athletes are fast tracked through school just to get them into a situation that they are ill-prepared for.

Let's not slag on the kid's academic ability on a public board. For what we know, he is STILL a Sooner.

OUinFLA
4/15/2006, 11:05 AM
anything I say is purely made up ;)

this confirms my suspicions. I now have a link/source.

BajaOklahoma
4/15/2006, 11:09 AM
Anything less than straight As indicates academic issues IMO. :rolleyes:

So how did you stack up, you non-jocks?

Jason White's Third Knee
4/15/2006, 12:18 PM

So how did you stack up, you non-jocks?

Straight C's baby! I am the classic underachiever. I like my rest.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/15/2006, 12:57 PM

well, that was basically how it was for the regent's scholarship...

sooner518
4/15/2006, 01:13 PM
well, that was basically how it was for the regent's scholarship...
pssh I had that scholarship. you just had to keep a 3.25 GPA. not really that hard IMO

olevetonahill
4/15/2006, 01:55 PM
I for one dont want an apology , I kinds like the F--nhillbilly name ;)

OUinFLA
4/15/2006, 02:19 PM

May I present:

Our Poster Boy !

:D

jacru
4/15/2006, 02:37 PM
an epithet of derision we wear as a badge of honor with a bit of an attitude.:cool:

sparx1
4/15/2006, 03:47 PM
We need to remember this young man left high school early and came to OU because his family and himself have always bled red. To speculate, and this is rampant speculation, does Chad and his family a disservice.

Keep the faith!

:)
Wellllllll now....Nebraska is "red".........

Stanley1
4/15/2006, 04:00 PM
Aside from slow drivers, I think this is my new biggest pet peeve: Guys with TONS of athletic ability that simply don't want to work hard. Geez.

crimson&cream
4/15/2006, 06:06 PM
On another site people who know the Roark's and have talked to them report Chad will walk on at Nebr. He could lose 2 yrs over this if true and Stoops doesn't give a release. You lose a yr and must complete 1 yr acedemic's before he can play. Sombody supposedly pi$$ed him so he now wants to go play with his brother and walk on at Nebr.Those close to the family swear this is the case.
My thing is if thats what he wants to do so bad then why didn't he do that in the first place instead of commiting to FSU then OU. So he gets up there and somebody pi$$e$ him off there ,, what then another transfer ...say Slippery Rock, or just quit, and here he was telling the USuckC coaches to stay away from McCoy at the All-Star game. Guess I could buy him a pacifier for a going away present.

NickZeppelin
4/15/2006, 06:10 PM
He won't walk-on to Nebraska. If he does leave it'll be for FSU or someone else out of the conference. There's no way he would wait 2 years to play football when he probably gets a shot at playing this fall at OU.

colleyvillesooner
4/15/2006, 07:00 PM
He won't walk-on to Nebraska. If he does leave it'll be for FSU or someone else out of the conference. There's no way he would wait 2 years to play football when he probably gets a shot at playing this fall at OU.

People do weird things all the time. There's no way you know he won't go to Nebraska.

soonerhubs
4/15/2006, 07:09 PM
Link? So far it all looks like speculation.

The Consumate Showman
4/16/2006, 12:08 AM
On another site people who know the Roark's and have talked to them report Chad will walk on at Nebr. He could lose 2 yrs over this if true and Stoops doesn't give a release. You lose a yr and must complete 1 yr acedemic's before he can play. Sombody supposedly pi$$ed him so he now wants to go play with his brother and walk on at Nebr.Those close to the family swear this is the case.
My thing is if thats what he wants to do so bad then why didn't he do that in the first place instead of commiting to FSU then OU. So he gets up there and somebody pi$$e$ him off there ,, what then another transfer ...say Slippery Rock, or just quit, and here he was telling the USuckC coaches to stay away from McCoy at the All-Star game. Guess I could buy him a pacifier for a going away present.

Would this be the infamous POKE board? I've read over there that they are saying he's gone. Please quit posting this baseless bullshiat unless you have some real hard core proof. Some poke fan heard about Chad not showing for practice and they ran with it. Poke math class...OU player misses practice for more than 1 day, he's off the team; OSU player misses multiple practices, and he's got some "issues" he needs to work out..

Did you post a thread about DeMarrio when he missed multiple practices this Spring? I didn't see any. Please explain to me why his dad or anyone else close to him would tell anybody this and not the coaches and get the kid out of OU if this was happening? If you KNEW the Roark's at all, you would know, as other people have posted, that his dad BLEEDS crimson and cream. There is always some idiot out there trying to get some pub off of an OU player...

Unless you have a link, article, official report, etc., stop reporting things like this. We wonder why some of these players aren't so "fan-freindly".....it's because of crap like this...

royalfan5
4/16/2006, 12:16 AM
People do weird things all the time. There's no way you know he won't go to Nebraska.
Perhaps he likes thick girls, and has heard that there are plenty of them in Nebraska?

crimson&cream
4/16/2006, 01:01 AM
Would this be the infamous POKE board? I've read over there that they are saying he's gone. Please quit posting this baseless bullshiat unless you have some real hard core proof. Some poke fan heard about Chad not showing for practice and they ran with it. Poke math class...OU player misses practice for more than 1 day, he's off the team; OSU player misses multiple practices, and he's got some "issues" he needs to work out..

Did you post a thread about DeMarrio when he missed multiple practices this Spring? I didn't see any. Please explain to me why his dad or anyone else close to him would tell anybody this and not the coaches and get the kid out of OU if this was happening? If you KNEW the Roark's at all, you would know, as other people have posted, that his dad BLEEDS crimson and cream. There is always some idiot out there trying to get some pub off of an OU player...

Unless you have a link, article, official report, etc., stop reporting things like this. We wonder why some of these players aren't so "fan-freindly".....it's because of crap like this...
Nope an OU pay site.
And if it's all true then how will you feel. You think my post was out of line you should read whats on that site , many post by Ada people who have a close relationship with Roark, and his Dad was contacted by a moderator and his Dad said nothing to dispell Chad was quitting OU. about all he said is "we have some family pressures going on we're working through" thats it from Dad. No, it's all conjecture and Chad isn't going anywhere but OU.
So tell me whats your take on that? Then when you read what family close friends have to say who BTW are Sooner Fans, and who have been in contact with the Roark family reporting he's Nebr bound........I guess are strring up filthy lies and are just forked tongue liars. I hope it is all conjecture as I expected big things from after the way he played in the All-Star game in San Antonio.
And how nice your quote of my post being crap and yours isn't.
So go Blow! You sexual intellectual....in otherwords a F***ing know it all.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/16/2006, 01:55 AM
if roark quits without a release then he would have to walk on at nebraska and not be able to get a scholarship for 3 years. oucharoo...

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/16/2006, 03:32 AM
Gentlemen, let's try to keep it more civil...I don't want to have to bane either one of you

David Earl
4/16/2006, 07:46 AM
C&C, cool it with the name calling or you get a little time off.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/16/2006, 09:55 AM
C&C, cool it with the name calling or you get a little time off.

Sorry, I went ahead and gave him 3 days before I saw your grace.

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/16/2006, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah:

word is crimson&cream gone

David Earl
4/16/2006, 02:46 PM
Sorry, I went ahead and gave him 3 days before I saw your grace.

Dude, that's cool. It's actually my fault. I should have checked before posting. I'm cool with him being nuked for a few days.

David Earl
4/16/2006, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah:

word is crimson&cream gone

That's sorta funny. :D