PDA

View Full Version : Contact Lens People - Recall Issued

JohnnyMack
4/14/2006, 04:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/04/14/bausch.eye.fungus/index.html

I've been using this stuff for a long time now. Great.

BajaOklahoma
4/14/2006, 04:57 PM
There is also a rule of thumb about not keeping drops/sloutions/medications for the eyes for longer than 3 months. Seems they tend to grow stuff anyway as the preservatives are fairly weak.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/14/2006, 05:25 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/conditions/04/14/bausch.eye.fungus/index.html

I've been using this stuff for a long time now. Great.
yeah - me too. That is what the doctor told me to use. I guess I'll change solutions, but I'm not going to worry too much about it though - if that is the culprit, the damage has already been done. If you wait about a year, they will come back out and say they found out it's not the contact lens solution afterall. The problem is - they don't know wtf is causing that - or any other disease for that matter. So in the meantime - they just scare the hell out of us. Hey, what's the worse that can happen? Oh - we go blind? Oh well.............

LilSooner
4/14/2006, 05:40 PM
For once being a cheap bastard pays off! I use the cheap walmart variety.

Vaevictis
4/14/2006, 05:44 PM
I won't have this problem, because unlike some people, I see the fundamental wrongness of STICKING SH*T ON YOUR EYEBALL.

StoopTroup
4/14/2006, 05:47 PM
Fungal eye infection
http://webs.wichita.edu/mschneegurt/biol103/lecture21/aspergillus_eye.jpg

Vaevictis
4/14/2006, 05:56 PM
That made me cry just to look at it.

Like I said: it is fundamentally WRONG to stick sh*t on your eyeball. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/14/2006, 06:26 PM
That made me cry just to look at it.

Like I said: it is fundamentally WRONG to stick sh*t on your eyeball. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.
Not wrong, wrong, wrong if you take care of your contact lenses and keep them clean and replace them often. Glasses make me crazy. Always slipping down my nose, and they make my face hot and sweaty. I still wear glasses sometimes, but I can't stand them.

Vaevictis
4/14/2006, 06:28 PM
*sticks fingers in ears* o/~ la la la, I can't hear you o/~

WRONG, I say. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

WRONG.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/14/2006, 06:38 PM
*sticks fingers in ears* o/~ la la la, I can't hear you o/~

WRONG, I say. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

WRONG.
Oh come on Vaevictis - take your fingers out of your ears and put some contact lenses on them and poke them in your eyes - take a walk on the wild side!!:cool:

GottaHavePride
4/14/2006, 06:42 PM
I'm with Vaevictis. I am not putting crap in my eyes. They make really freaking lightweight glasses nowadays. those will hold me over until I'm convinced the laser surgery is perfected.

Vaevictis
4/14/2006, 06:48 PM
WRONG.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/14/2006, 08:13 PM
I'm with Vaevictis. I am not putting crap in my eyes. They make really freaking lightweight glasses nowadays. those will hold me over until I'm convinced the laser surgery is perfected.
I've worn contact lenses for like a gazillion years. They are fine. I was scared to death the first time I tried to put them in my eyes. It took about an hour - I just couldn't do it - but I finally did it, and they are soooooo much better than glasses.

Penguin
4/14/2006, 08:19 PM
I'm still using my ReNu. It's so much more soothing than any other contact solution.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/14/2006, 08:27 PM
I'm still using my ReNu. It's so much more soothing than any other contact solution.
Heh! I'm still using mine too. We may go blind, but we'll do it in comfort.:rolleyes:

Okla-homey
4/14/2006, 09:24 PM
I just soak mine in Clorox. Its burns like crazy when you put your lenses in, but my eyelashes stay a nice blonde shade.