PDA

View Full Version : HEY!!! Rude woman...get off the phone!!!

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 02:37 PM
So, I am trying to get on the elevator at work, and there is a woman standing there on her cell phone holding the elevator door open (when the doors close you lose signal on your cell phone). Since the doors are already open on that elevator, you can't hit the button to call another elevator, because that one will just keep dinging letting you know it is there. I go ahead and get on the elevator and hit the button for the 7th floor, and the woman just stands there talking on her cell phone, blocking the doors so they don't close and she doesn't lose her signal...So I have to stand there for 2-3 minutes before she finally steps back and lets the doors close...:mad:

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 02:38 PM
Any microwaves nearby?

leftfield
4/14/2006, 02:39 PM
was she hot?

Stoop Dawg
4/14/2006, 02:41 PM
So I have to stand there for 2-3 minutes before she finally steps back and lets the doors close...:mad:

***** :dean:

oumartin
4/14/2006, 02:43 PM
what was she wearing?

Pricetag
4/14/2006, 02:48 PM
I think that definitely warranted a "grab the phone and smash it into a bazillion pieces on the floor" move.

The lack of consideration of some people amazes me.

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 03:02 PM
was she hot?
If she was I wouldn't have been complaining about having to wait on her...

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 03:03 PM
Any microwaves nearby?
No, if I had already been on the 7th floor there would've been one in the break room though...

OUinFLA
4/14/2006, 03:04 PM
Miss, please step outside and finish your phone call in private.

Or. just enter the conversation along with her. I imagine you are creative enough to figure out what is going on in the conversation. Just start adding your two cents and maybe you'll get change.

Overhearing a name is useful...........i.e.
Bob? Is that Bob??? hey, can I talk to Bob for a few minutes, being as Im going to be standing here while you hold the door open anyway. I havent talked to Bob in forever..........did he just ask you to dinner, may I come along? We could catch up. Do you know he has a police record? You two into swapping?

StoopTroup
4/14/2006, 03:05 PM
You should have pepper sprayed her. :D

BeetDigger
4/14/2006, 03:09 PM
I think urinating on her is not a crime in that instance.

NormanPride
4/14/2006, 03:30 PM
A polite shove into the elevator lobby is my suggestion. Followed with s derisive laugh. Timed well, this can be devastating to a person's self-esteem.

slickdawg
4/14/2006, 04:34 PM
That's where you act like you have Tourette's Syndrome and go on an
expletive laced tirade, loud enough for her phone to pick up. She'll
move quickly.

sooneron
4/14/2006, 04:46 PM
They have elevators in bama?!?!? :D

Tailwind
4/14/2006, 07:01 PM
A polite shove into the elevator lobby is my suggestion. Followed with s derisive laugh. Timed well, this can be devastating to a person's self-esteem.
I like this idea!:D

Tailwind
4/14/2006, 07:02 PM
That's where you act like you have Tourette's Syndrome and go on an
expletive laced tirade, loud enough for her phone to pick up. She'll
move quickly.
I like this one too!

Vaevictis
4/14/2006, 07:10 PM
Hit the "close door" button, over and over and over and over again.

With any luck, she'll get the message as the doors keep bumping in to her.

BajaOklahoma
4/14/2006, 07:14 PM
A nice loud "Thank you for holding the elevator door for me. You can let it shut now." would also work.

AlbqSooner
4/14/2006, 08:14 PM
Or you could use the phrase my mom yelled at us all summer as kids:

"In or out but close the damn door before all the flies get in! You think we are trying to aircondition the whole neighborhood?"

I always wondered what flies had to do with airconditioning.

MamaMia
4/14/2006, 10:48 PM
You could have told her there was a spider on the back of her ankle. That usually makes people move. :D

sanantoniosooner
4/14/2006, 11:15 PM
Not one person has suggested using the emergency stop button.

Some bells might make the conversation move along quicker.

GottaHavePride
4/14/2006, 11:33 PM
I would have just started rapping along to Sir Mix-A-Lot. Really loud.

I like! Big! BUTTS! and I do not lie...