PDA

View Full Version : Reid better then bomar!?!

Crimson Kid
4/14/2006, 02:31 PM
Today at work i was talking sports with a buddie, when i brought up ou football, he had the gall to tell me that bobby reid of osu will have a better season stat wise then bomar! ok.

We both like ou,and osu when their not playing ou. but i just don't see reid being that good.

Will he?

oumartin
4/14/2006, 02:33 PM
reid can have a better year but if AD has like 4,000 yards rushing then it won't matter.

silverwheels
4/14/2006, 02:37 PM
OSU's offense would have to improve by A LOT for that to happen.

SoonerStormchaser
4/14/2006, 03:08 PM
OSU's offense, defense, special teams, coaches, board of regents, student body and sheep population would have to improve by A LOT for that to happen.

Fixed...

JohnnyMack
4/14/2006, 03:15 PM
I remember watching them when they were at the Nike Elite 11 camp. They both looked like studs, I think they finished 1, 2 at that camp.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/14/2006, 03:20 PM
Today at work i was talking sports with a buddie, when i brought up ou football, he had the gall to tell me that bobby reid of osu will have a better season stat wise then bomar! ok.

We both like ou,and osu when their not playing ou. but i just don't see reid being that good.

Will he?

Well I had a logical response but Sooner Stormchaser already gave it.

Rhino
4/14/2006, 03:36 PM
Who bumped this thread from last year?

NickZeppelin
4/14/2006, 03:38 PM
Reid may not even play QB for much longer.

picasso
4/14/2006, 03:47 PM

Will he?
Nick have a brother?

NormanPride
4/14/2006, 03:48 PM
I still remember a couple years back SoonerDood sent me a message saying "OSU Football Jesus out for season". I am still laughing.

sooneron
4/14/2006, 04:37 PM
I remember watching them when they were at the Nike Elite 11 camp. They both looked like studs, I think they finished 1, 2 at that camp.
They were at the same camp? I think reid is older than Bomar.

I really don't see Reid being that much better than last year. His qb rating may be around 70 when the season is over.

Rhino
4/14/2006, 04:47 PM
They were at the same camp? I think reid is older than Bomar. Bomar and Reid were both in the 2004 class.

Crimsontothecore
4/14/2006, 05:39 PM
We both like ou,and osu when their not playing ou.
I hate it when people say that. If you don't have the guts to hate those inbreds 24/7, 365 days a year, then don't even bother calling yourself a Sooner!

Scott D
4/14/2006, 05:49 PM
I hate it when people say that. If you don't have the guts to hate those inbreds 24/7, 365 days a year, then don't even bother calling yourself a Sooner!

um....yeah...ok.

I'll stick with not giving a rats *** about them 352 days a year.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/14/2006, 05:56 PM
They were at the same camp? I think reid is older than Bomar.

I really don't see Reid being that much better than last year. His qb rating may be around 70 when the season is over.

that was an incredibly deep elite 11 class -> booty, henne, bomar, brohm, reid, tuiasosopo etc.

Crimson Kid
4/14/2006, 06:10 PM

lmao!! ok. whatever. ;)

shavedmarmoset
4/14/2006, 07:45 PM

Wait you like osu when they arent playing us? Why?

I wouldnt care if their "university" fell off the face of the earth. Actually, I might give a little smile:cool:

Octavian
4/14/2006, 07:48 PM
get new friends...

soonerinabilene
4/14/2006, 08:40 PM
my prediction: reid will throw more ints than bomar throws tds, but bomar will have at least 25 tds!:D

bigdsooner
4/14/2006, 08:44 PM
get new friends...

:D
sound advice right there

Crimson Kid
4/14/2006, 09:16 PM
get new friends...

:D

stoops the eternal pimp
4/14/2006, 09:23 PM
Reid so far hasnt shown himself to be as good as their safety at qb

goingoneight
4/14/2006, 10:19 PM

I have always wished them well, as they are no threat to anything OU holds dear. They cost us two title runs in 2001 and 2002, though... and hearing their bullsh*t jokes over-and-over-and-over again for three years got REALLY old. Everyone will agree who visited the OU/OSU game in 2003, they were in serious need to be put in their place.

I don't like the cocky sh*t they put out there, like "The STATE'S University" (ghey), the bumper sticker that reads "OSU IS The University of Oklahoma." What did OU ever do to those cow-pokers, that they haven't been ten times ruder themselves doing to OU, that makes them hate us so much? I mean, at least OU/Texas has had some mascots stolen, and buildings burnt and stuff that actually makes the RRS a "rivalry." OSU fans don't hesitate for a second to accuse us of something, but get ultra-****ed when we mention the truths about Eddie Sutton, Prentiss Elliot, etc.

I grew out of the whole "root for OSU until 'Bedlam' day" stupidity the moment I entered Stillwater in 2000. They are everything as bad and worse as they accuse OU fans of being. At least when we're being *******s, it's at a football game, where a rowdy fan is excused for his/her behavior. The pokers will cuss you out for having an OU student I.D., in your wallet, in your pocket, covered by your jacket within a mile of Stoolwater. I went to Eskimo Joes with a friend a few months back, (he lives in Stoolwater) and people treated me worse than freakin' Hitler Youth!!! I'm not stupid, pokers... I can hear your whispering "why don't they stay in Norman?" Hello!!! I went to OU. Operative word= went When you graduate, you don't have to live on campus anymore.

They irritate me to no end, at times. I don't cheer for them, jeer for them or care for them. They treat me like a terrorist, when I supported them for many years, **** them. I can live without acknowledging them. Can they live without me acknowledging them? Doesn't seem so.

goingoneight
4/14/2006, 10:24 PM
P.S. Al Pena does better as QB than Reid. Reid played 3 quarters against Baylor, and couldn't get anything going. Pena came in in the fourth and rocked out with 300+ yards of total offense. He played against Texas and against Texas Tech; and he was the only reason I thought OSU could have upset us in 2005. Not that I expected it at all, Pena just looks like the best guy for the job at OSU.

JohnnyMack
4/15/2006, 09:48 AM
Reid may not even play QB for much longer.

Where do you get your information?

NickZeppelin
4/15/2006, 10:17 AM
If he keeps playing like he has for OSU he won't be a QB much longer.

JohnnyMack
4/15/2006, 10:21 AM
If he keeps playing like he has for OSU he won't be a QB much longer.

Hmm. Interesting. He's looked good thus far in the spring. Doesn't seem that Robinson is playing well enough to unseat him. Guess we'll know more after the scrimmage today.

NickZeppelin
4/15/2006, 10:42 AM
We'll see, just remember this. He is at OSU. OSU last year decided to bench their best starting QB in Woods. He had a solid year as a freshman the year before. That went real well for em last year.

Soonerus
4/15/2006, 10:43 AM
Who is on a QB's team will affect a QB's
performance...thus, which team would you rather be the QB of next year ??? It is a real brain twister.....

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/15/2006, 10:58 AM
I don't know about Bomar but after watching the spring game, I think this new kid Romar can be special ;) Bomar better keep straight or Romar will take his place!!!

goingoneight
4/16/2006, 01:30 PM
If he keeps playing for OSU he'll stay a Queer Bait for much longer.

Dang it, finding myself... agreeing... with... Nick... IT BURNS!!! :D

stoopified
4/16/2006, 02:36 PM
Sing it brother!:)

SoonerDood
4/16/2006, 08:12 PM
he had the gall to tell me that bobby reid of osu will have a better season stat wise then bomar!
those orange tards will believe anything.

You can almost set your watch to their annual preseason "We're gonna beat uo and go to a bowl game" circle jerk.

Soonerman08
4/16/2006, 09:40 PM
I have always wished them well, as they are no threat to anything OU holds dear. They cost us two title runs in 2001 and 2002, though... and hearing their bullsh*t jokes over-and-over-and-over again for three years got REALLY old. Everyone will agree who visited the OU/OSU game in 2003, they were in serious need to be put in their place.

I don't like the cocky sh*t they put out there, like "The STATE'S University" (ghey), the bumper sticker that reads "OSU IS The University of Oklahoma." What did OU ever do to those cow-pokers, that they haven't been ten times ruder themselves doing to OU, that makes them hate us so much? I mean, at least OU/Texas has had some mascots stolen, and buildings burnt and stuff that actually makes the RRS a "rivalry." OSU fans don't hesitate for a second to accuse us of something, but get ultra-****ed when we mention the truths about Eddie Sutton, Prentiss Elliot, etc.

I grew out of the whole "root for OSU until 'Bedlam' day" stupidity the moment I entered Stillwater in 2000. They are everything as bad and worse as they accuse OU fans of being. At least when we're being *******s, it's at a football game, where a rowdy fan is excused for his/her behavior. The pokers will cuss you out for having an OU student I.D., in your wallet, in your pocket, covered by your jacket within a mile of Stoolwater. I went to Eskimo Joes with a friend a few months back, (he lives in Stoolwater) and people treated me worse than freakin' Hitler Youth!!! I'm not stupid, pokers... I can hear your whispering "why don't they stay in Norman?" Hello!!! I went to OU. Operative word= went When you graduate, you don't have to live on campus anymore.

They irritate me to no end, at times. I don't cheer for them, jeer for them or care for them. They treat me like a terrorist, when I supported them for many years, **** them. I can live without acknowledging them. Can they live without me acknowledging them? Doesn't seem so.

OSU fans, alumni....etc. all suffer from that "jealous little brother" syndrome. They honestly believe that they are a much better school than OU. :P What a bunch of jokers. I really pity most of them, because they have thoroughly convinced themselves of that belief. They all seem to sit around and gloat about the fact that they have more total National Championships than OU does. Since they practically own the sport of wrestling with their 30 something National Titles out of their 40 something total national championships, it is just hard to take them seriously. When they actually win a title in a sport that matters, then they may have something to brag about. Nothing really beats 7 National Titles and 39 conference championships or if we go off the Alabama system what was it 21 or so national Championships???

Heck I even checked our overall basketball record vs. OSU, and they claim to be such a big basketball school and we even own the series record against them in that too! The only Big 12 team with a winning record against us is Kansas. From now on when a Poke tries to stir up trouble, just shoe them away.

Skysooner
4/16/2006, 09:42 PM
those orange tards will believe anything.
That applies to both Halloween orange and burnt orange.

Actually most fans I meet are pretty good in person. However, the one OU-OSU game I went to in Stillwater was lame in terms of them throwing the goal post over the top of the stadium and down into the parking lot below.

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/17/2006, 08:39 AM
My opinion on this....

OSU is a second rate school and will always be one, and it bothers them so much that OU is better at everything except wrastlin and maybe golf, that they poke (play on words) fun at OU for whatever they can even though 99.9 % of the time it makes no sense.
I will never support them......ever

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/17/2006, 09:39 AM
Not that I even needed to post anything because as some of you know I have never been one to avoid having a strong and utter dislike of the cowpokes from Stoolwater.

I just wish the OSU topics could be kept to a minimum because they just stress me out.

BASSooner
4/17/2006, 09:44 AM
I look to OSU as a team to laugh at than to hate. The thought of them makes me chuckle.

picasso
4/17/2006, 10:01 AM
jalaPena couldn't hit the side of an Oak tree against us last season.
Reid will be their man, live or die. I hear he actually runs pretty well.

Skysooner
4/17/2006, 11:02 AM
jalaPena couldn't hit the side of an Oak tree against us last season.
Reid will be their man, live or die. I hear he actually runs pretty well.

Hopefully he can run or he will die where he stands. Our DEs are going to be mean this year.

JLB
4/17/2006, 12:05 PM
I heard Bobby Reid is the inspiration for the upcoming fall movie blockbuster
"Radio 2",Never underestimate the power of the handicapped.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/17/2006, 02:58 PM
I heard Bobby Reid is the inspiration for the upcoming fall movie blockbuster
"Radio 2",Never underestimate the power of the handicapped.

OSU = KC Royals post-1985

That is all.

goingoneight
4/17/2006, 09:53 PM
OSU is a problem child that needs to be slapped.

Even their coaches can't seem to stay out of jail.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/17/2006, 10:06 PM
bobby reid= eric moore...slight nod to moore

goingoneight
4/17/2006, 10:09 PM
[stupid aggie] boby rEid is goin to be th next Vinse Yung. [stupid aggie]