PDA

View Full Version : Lunch/Supper Ideas

oumartin
4/14/2006, 01:49 PM
okay you people that brown bag your lunch to work or wherever you go and those of you that are busy. I'm looking for quick, inexpensive lunch and dinner ideas.
things for the dinner table and things to take to work for lunch.. thank you in advance

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 01:50 PM
sandwiches? don't ask anyone to heat them up for you though.

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 01:51 PM
subway daily special. 6" and water. under $3

oumartin
4/14/2006, 01:52 PM
can't do subway. can't leave work when i eat.. but thanks.. I eat alot of subway anyhow...

IronSooner
4/14/2006, 01:56 PM
turkey sandwiches, carrots, applesauce, nutrigrain bars, snack packs, banana

There's also some kind of microwaveable soup a girl I work with brings sometimes. Just be sure to heat it yourself.

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 02:03 PM
I know where you can get a dead cat. (general vicinity anyways)

Jimminy Crimson
4/14/2006, 02:07 PM
One knife
Hickory Farms Sausage Log
Block of cheese
Ritz crackers

Wash it down with a Coke.

Thats good eats!

oumartin
4/14/2006, 02:10 PM
thanks JC. I like that idea.

Jimminy Crimson
4/14/2006, 02:13 PM
If you don't completely hate ramen, there are a lot of ways to change it up.

oumartin
4/14/2006, 02:15 PM
chicken flavor ramen noodles are my breakfast when i work days!!!! :D

Czar Soonerov
4/14/2006, 02:16 PM
Beef jerky.

YWIA

King Crimson
4/14/2006, 02:16 PM
boil fusilli (corkscrew shaped pasta--or bowties if you prefer, but bowties generally have a "fold" in the "knot of the tie" that casues them to cook unevenly) to taste, rinse with cold water. place cool pasta in large bowl with diced roma tomatos, chopped basil, equal parts XV olive oil and lemon juice. a little salt and pepper. toss pasta til covered evenly. let sit overnight in fridge. take to work in individual size plastic container. make 2-4 servings, it will hold in the fridge for several days with the lemon, pasta may will get a little squishy....but the flavor will intensify.

some small diced mozzarella is a sneaky thrill to add as well. dice same size as toms. marinated artichoke hearts are good too.

pasta salad is good as the weather starts to warm.

oumartin
4/14/2006, 02:17 PM
jerky is so darn expensive Czar.. I love that stuff though

oumartin
4/14/2006, 02:18 PM
thank you KC..

Jimminy Crimson
4/14/2006, 02:21 PM
jerky is so darn expensive Czar.. I love that stuff though

Robertson's tub-o-jerky at Love's is 21.99 for a pound. I think that's a pretty good deal.

soonerbrat
4/14/2006, 02:22 PM
lunchables.
at wally world $1.54
they come with a drink and dessert.

SoonerWood
4/14/2006, 02:22 PM
Wheat thin, slice of chedda, piece of beef jerky. Freaking awesome, it's my new favorite snack.

TUSooner
4/14/2006, 03:05 PM
Good & Easy supper:

about 1 lb of new potatoes or cut up potatoes
2 cans of whole green beans w/ liquid (I found some canned, cut Kentucky Wonders with an Italian name in Ok City that are really good. If you use use fresh beans - and you should if you have some - you'll also need enough water to cover the taters.)
about 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced medium thick
a couple or 9 cloves of garlic, crushed
salt & pepper

Put everything together in a pot on the stove. Taters on the bottom, then the beans, then the sausage. Turn on the stove. When the taters are done, so's everything else. You can do it in a crock pot, but it takes longer, duhhh.

StoopTroup
4/14/2006, 03:09 PM
Order out every night and get an extra dinner to go that you can warm up at work the next day.

YWIA

JohnnyMack
4/14/2006, 03:28 PM
boil fusilli (corkscrew shaped pasta--or bowties if you prefer, but bowties generally have a "fold" in the "knot of the tie" that casues them to cook unevenly) to taste, rinse with cold water. place cool pasta in large bowl with diced roma tomatos, chopped basil, equal parts XV olive oil and lemon juice. a little salt and pepper. toss pasta til covered evenly. let sit overnight in fridge. take to work in individual size plastic container. make 2-4 servings, it will hold in the fridge for several days with the lemon, pasta may will get a little squishy....but the flavor will intensify.

some small diced mozzarella is a sneaky thrill to add as well. dice same size as toms. marinated artichoke hearts are good too.

pasta salad is good as the weather starts to warm.

Remember when Kramer makes the Fusili Jerry, because Jerry is Silly? Good times.