PDA

View Full Version : I think our cat done died

4/14/2006, 12:35 PM
Being a male human, this doesn't really mean much to me. But I'm curious, how do you go about finding a dead cat before it becomes a major mess? I've searched the yard and can't find her. I'm hoping the area varmints will take care of it before it becomes an issue.

She is (was) 17, and always likeable enough. Recently, however, she lost most of her sight, hearing and ability to hit a litter box. (no carpet... we have tile, and no, our house doesn't smell like urine)

I just don't want to have to scrape her rear off of anything before I mow this afternoon.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/14/2006, 12:37 PM
Maybe she ran off. I think sometimes animals go away from their homes to die.

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 12:38 PM
Did you check under the microwave?

Jimminy Crimson
4/14/2006, 12:39 PM
WWDD? :dean:

4/14/2006, 12:40 PM
That's what I'm hoping... but a blind, deaf 17 year old cat isn't likely to get too far.

I guess I was hoping someone had a dead animal sensor gun I could rent or something.

OUinFLA
4/14/2006, 12:41 PM
That's what I'm hoping... but a blind, deaf 17 year old cat isn't likely to get too far.

I guess I was hoping someone had a dead animal sensor gun I could rent or something.

borrow a dog.
dont foget to wash it if it rolls in it.

OUDoc
4/14/2006, 12:42 PM
Did you check Dean's house?

OUinFLA
4/14/2006, 12:44 PM
Did you check 1TC's refrigerator?

4/14/2006, 12:49 PM
I really should have titled this thing "12 Presents: The Great Missing Cat Mystery."

Don't worry, though. I'll still post photos if/when I find her.

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 12:50 PM
Any chinese restaurants nearby running a special?

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 12:51 PM
I really should have titled this thing "12 Presents: The Great Missing Cat Mystery."

Don't worry, though. I'll still post photos if/when I find her.
If she's dead we may not want photos...

4/14/2006, 12:51 PM
See, that's the deal. Who wants to see a photo of a living cat?

Howzit
4/14/2006, 12:53 PM
As usual, I have nothing of value to add. However, I have been waiting to do this staggered bold thingy, and can restrain myself no longer.

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 12:53 PM
As usual, I have nothing of value to add. However, I have been waiting to do this staggered bold thingy, and can restrain myself no longer.
Heh

TUSooner
4/14/2006, 12:59 PM
See, that's the deal. Who wants to see a photo of a living cat?
Or for that matter, why bother to find a dead old one? (unless you're really very hungry) :eek:

I'm gone

4/14/2006, 01:00 PM
Hey... how about a little sympathy for one of your fellow poster guys who may have lost a member of his wife's zoo.

Insensative bastards.

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 01:01 PM
Hey... how about a little sympathy for one of your fellow poster guys who may have lost a member of his wife's zoo.

Insensative bastards.
I tried to help...Have you looked under the microwave yet?

Howzit
4/14/2006, 01:03 PM

Insensative bastards.

<sniff>

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 01:06 PM
GAY

4/14/2006, 01:07 PM
Or for that matter, why bother to find a dead old one? (unless you're really very hungry) :eek:

I am not hungry, and I hope finding the dead old one is not something I need to do. I guess the Eagle Scout gene is kicking in and I need to "Be Prepared." My 3 and 8 year old kids migh not share my joy in our elder cat's demise.

Yeah, that's right Weblo losers! EAGLE!!!

OUinFLA
4/14/2006, 01:07 PM

Insensative bastards.

Being a male human, this doesn't really mean much to me.

did you think we were incapable of re-reading your first post?
Oh, wait..........Im sorry, this is SO.

NormanPride
4/14/2006, 01:08 PM
If you post pictures of your dead cat, I will neg you to bolivia. :mad:

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 01:08 PM
You think Logan Young has it?

Police say Young died from head injuries from a fall

By Chris Conley and Cindy Wolff

April 13, 2006

Memphis police said Thursday that Logan Young Jr. died from head injuries from a fall – not from an attack as police said initially.

Although they said their investigation is still open, they said that their initial comments – that the scene was bloody and appeared to have been the site of a violent struggle – were wrong.

"These statements, however true from initial observations, had not yet been confirmed by a complete crime scene investigation," a news release said.
Lt. Joe Scott told reporters that investigators believe Young was taking a cat and some catnip upstairs when he tripped, fell backward and hit his head on a wrought iron post, causing a bad wound.

He was apparently unconscious at the bottom of the stairs for a long time before regaining consciousness and walking into the kitchen, where they believe he used a cat to cover the wound, then into the laundry room — perhaps looking for another cat.

Then, they said, he went back upstairs, leaving a blood trail and taking off his pajama bottoms.

He went into a bathroom, where they found blood on a newspaper, and the still-damp cat.

They believe he got into the shower, then to his bed, where he laid down for some time.

They believe he then reached for the telephone and fell out of bed, which is where his housekeeper found him Tuesday morning just before 9 a.m.

Police did little to explain why they told reporters Tuesday morning that Young had been the victim of a "brutal attack" and his injuries were so severe that he couldn’t be recognized.

They began the press conference, in fact, by lauding detectives’ good work on the case.

The medical examiner is expected to release her report this afternoon.

It isn't clear what has been done to the cat since the start of the investigation.

4/14/2006, 01:11 PM
If you post pictures of your dead cat, I will neg you to bolivia. :mad:

Catlover.

NTTAWWT

NormanPride
4/14/2006, 01:17 PM
<=

Dio
4/14/2006, 01:23 PM
I am not hungry, and I hope finding the dead old one is not something I need to do. I guess the Eagle Scout gene is kicking in and I need to "Be Prepared." My 3 and 8 year old kids migh not share my joy in our elder cat's demise.

Boy Scout smack?

C&CDean
4/14/2006, 01:23 PM
Letting a cat survive for 17 years borders on human abuse. That cat shoulda been sent to his/her maker years ago.

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 01:26 PM
Boy Scout smack?

:eek:

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 01:27 PM
Cat's can be very hard to find when they want to die.

I put an arrow through a bobcat this year. 100 yard blood trail. hours of crawling around on the ground...nothing.

Osce0la
4/14/2006, 01:29 PM

I put an arrow through a bobcat this year. 100 yard blood trail. hours of crawling around on the ground...nothing.
I'm afraid with no proof we're going to have to call BS on this one...;)

OUinFLA
4/14/2006, 01:30 PM
you need to become a better shot.

C&CDean
4/14/2006, 01:32 PM

The cats I've killed ain't hard to find at all. Well sometimes you can't find ALL of the pieces, but the main part of the body is usually right where it died.

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 01:33 PM
I can post a pic of the arrow. Shaft and fletching are covered in blood and bobcat hair.

;)

Hamhock
4/14/2006, 01:34 PM
The cats I've killed ain't hard to find at all. Well sometimes you can't find ALL of the pieces, but the main part of the body is usually right where it died.

That's why i was using an arrow. I wanted to mount it. :texan:

edit: Not that kind of "mount it"...sickos. ;)

TUSooner
4/14/2006, 01:40 PM

Please pardon my insensitivity

Ike
4/14/2006, 02:32 PM
Have you contacted the ministry of Housinge?

I hear they have a cat-detector van that they can send out.

4/14/2006, 03:33 PM
Letting a cat survive for 17 years borders on human abuse. That cat shoulda been sent to his/her maker years ago.

I would typically agree. However, this cat has been extremely healthy. Well, if you leave her eyes and ears out of the equation.

Eh, yer right.

But getting rid of a cat that has been part of your wife's life longer than you have is a rather touchy issue. And yes, I already know the Dean answer... "Shoot the cat and have your wife prepare a great meal and 8 days of marathon sex for your trouble."

handcrafted
4/14/2006, 03:38 PM
1. YAY!!!

2. I hear there are 101 uses for one...

GulfCoastBamaFan
4/15/2006, 02:42 AM
12, your cat is just outside my fence, yowling and driving my dog ape****.