PDA

View Full Version : Golfing..Part 2

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 12:00 PM
I went out to the driving range after calculus this morning. I was pleased with how I did considering I hadn't swung a club in 5 years. I started with a slice developed a hook, but eventually straightened it out. My best drive was around 200 yards, and I was pretty conistently between 125-175 when I made good contact. I struggled with consistentcy a lot but all in all I was happy with my performance. At least I wasn't a danger to others, and with a little more practice I shouldn't embarrass my self in front of the cute girl next week.

OU-HSV
4/14/2006, 06:17 PM
Well, at least you were consistently inconsistent..right?

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 06:19 PM
Well, at least you were consistently inconsistent..right?
more or less. The important thing is that I wasn't a threat to others.

VeeJay
4/14/2006, 06:22 PM
After calculus, I would be drinking, not golfing.

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 06:24 PM
After calculus, I would be drinking, not golfing.
I don't like to drink before noon. At least I was getting to hit something, that helped.

King Crimson
4/14/2006, 06:25 PM
find a place where you can hit golf balls off the ground and not a mat and a false tee. if you want to get better.

leftfield
4/14/2006, 06:27 PM
I don't like to drink before noon. At least I was getting to hit something, that helped.

You should substitute the girl for the golf ball in my opinion.

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 06:28 PM
find a place where you can hit golf balls off the ground and not a mat and a false tee. if you want to get better.
I hit about about a quarter of my shots today off the ground and all of them off the mat on the grass.

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 06:29 PM
You should substitute the girl for the golf ball in my opinion.
That's the plan, but I need to make sure I don't take myself out of the running before we hit the booze by looking completely uncoordinated.