PDA

View Full Version : golfers

picasso
4/13/2006, 11:38 PM
I had a bi-polar round today.
played Lakeside in Stillwater, the old Uni course.
front 9, I couldn't do anything right. by the 4th hole I had flagged the beer girl over, $1 drinks! I loaded up and figured I'd at least get drunk and write a country song. 3 doubles on the front :mad: for a smooth 8 over 43.
sobered up on the back and made 3 birdies, including the final 2 holes for a 2 under 33. heh.

crazy game.

BajaOklahoma
4/13/2006, 11:50 PM
Well, you were in Stillwater. What were you thinking?

picasso
4/13/2006, 11:55 PM
Well, you were in Stillwater. What were you thinking?
they've got good golf in Stillwater.:)

bigdsooner
4/14/2006, 12:07 AM
front 9, I couldn't do anything right. by the 4th hole I had flagged the beer girl over, $1 drinks! I loaded up and figured I'd at least get drunk and write a country song. 3 doubles on the front :mad: for a smooth 8 over 43.
sobered up on the back and made 3 birdies, including the final 2 holes for a 2 under 33. heh.

crazy game.

damn, im usually chasin 6 over heading to #3

BajaOklahoma
4/14/2006, 12:09 AM

But, but.... it's Stillwater! :eek:

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2006, 12:39 AM
I haven't played since I was in 8th grade, but I used to really love it.

You can say what you will about golf but getting out there in the early morning or late evening with the freshly cut grass and relative solitude playing a game you enjoy with a good playing buddy of yours is pretty sweet.

Sooner_Bob
4/14/2006, 01:19 AM

crazy game.

So that was you!!! :D

My mom came up to visit my daughter's science fair at school (just south of Lakeside across Richmond Road) and I looked across at the course and said I needed to go grab my clubs and hit the ball some.

OU4LIFE
4/14/2006, 06:10 AM
Dude, birdies on the final two?

damn that's rare there. Two of the harder finishing holes around....depending on the tees you play, but still. Nice.

IB4OU2
4/14/2006, 07:32 AM
I'm playin' this weekend with my new putter.........:)

picasso
4/14/2006, 09:34 AM
Dude, birdies on the final two?

damn that's rare there. Two of the harder finishing holes around....depending on the tees you play, but still. Nice.
we played the middle but they seemed farther back than usual. especially on 16.

and that's the first time I'd seen anyone birdie either hole. just glad it was me.:D
I got lucky on my drive on #17, tried to cut it and did, it slipped under the big tree and ran to the end of the fairway. nearly holed out my sand wedge.
hit 4 iron on 18, was about 12 feet short.:texan:

picasso
4/14/2006, 09:35 AM
I'm playin' this weekend with my new putter.........:)
broom handle?;)

leftfield
4/14/2006, 09:50 AM

crazy game.

crown and coke? Well, if you had 3 of those on the front nine I bet the back nine was smooth sailing.

picasso
4/14/2006, 09:57 AM
crown and coke? Well, if you had 3 of those on the front nine I bet the back nine was smooth sailing.
heh. silver bullets actually. if it's going to be domesticated, I'd a preferred golden bullets.

and I'm a G & T man myself.:eddie:

IB4OU2
4/14/2006, 10:25 AM
broom handle?;)

Scotty Cameron Futura.....slightly used. :D

picasso
4/14/2006, 10:28 AM
So that was you!!! :D

My mom came up to visit my daughter's science fair at school (just south of Lakeside across Richmond Road) and I looked across at the course and said I needed to go grab my clubs and hit the ball some.
my partner nearly made a double eagle on that hole.:D

Sooner in Tampa
4/14/2006, 11:31 AM
A bad day of golf is still better than a good day at work.

King Crimson
4/14/2006, 11:59 AM

Stillwater CC is a pretty nice club course. there was a summer junior tournament there every summer i used to like to play.