PDA

View Full Version : Just read ND schedule...

goingoneight
4/13/2006, 11:24 PM
and OUCH!!! If they're good enough to pull that one off, I don't necessarily think I want OU to play THEM for an MNC. Hopefully someone gets screwed and OU plays LSU again!!! hahaha!

check it out, not as strong as it was last year, but def. a challenging rollercoaster of a schedule.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college_football_2006_schedules/notredame.htm

jacru
4/14/2006, 12:40 AM
We'll play any sucker in the country. Let 'er rip.:D

GreaterState
4/14/2006, 04:27 AM
Wow, they are taking on both Army and Navy ... clearly those games should be on NBC and trump all others ... freakin domers.

Sooner in Tampa
4/14/2006, 06:43 AM
They play all three service schools, Purdue, Meechigan State, North Carolina, and G. Tech. Not really all that impressive.
They play a legit schedule, but not as bad as it has been in past years...bring on...we ain't skeeered!!!!

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/14/2006, 08:34 AM
I'm sure the Domers think Michigan State is entirely legit seeing as how they have kicked ND around the last few times they have played them.....Including last season in South Bend

MojoRisen
4/14/2006, 09:05 AM
ND will be lucky to go 8-4 - in fact This debate will be over when GT upsets them like they did to Miami last year in the first week.

RedstickSooner
4/14/2006, 11:05 AM
In defense of the Domers, they *do* have a history with Army, don't they?

I'm gonna go shower, now. Can't believe I would *ever* do anything to defend those leprechaun-licking, pond-scum, streak-ending ******s.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/14/2006, 11:12 AM
and OUCH!!! If they're good enough to pull that one off, I don't necessarily think I want OU to play THEM for an MNC. Hopefully someone gets screwed and OU plays LSU again!!! hahaha!

check it out, not as strong as it was last year, but def. a challenging rollercoaster of a schedule.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college_football_2006_schedules/notredame.htm

They only beat 2 teams with winning records last year.

Herr Scholz
4/14/2006, 11:38 AM
Let me know when ND gets a "D".

goingoneight
4/14/2006, 10:28 PM
Wow, they are taking on both Army and Navy ... clearly those games should be on NBC and trump all others ... freakin domers.

All I'm saying is the name schedule looks more impressive than the Middle Tennessee State and North Texas-- es in OU and UT's books. OU and UT, provided who wins the RRS, have a more than reasonable shot at an MNC, domers will hold on for 3/4 or more just to be in the race. The tougher schedule usually makes the difference.

goingoneight
4/14/2006, 10:35 PM
and in my defense, ever since 1997, the only team I didn't predict winning an MNC was OU, I was more than happy for the surprise in 2000. People thought I was insane when I said OUr shaky Venables D would collapse against USC, and look what happened. I'm not basing ND 2006 MNC contender on a freakin NFL coach, or a Heisman finalist QB, nor am I saying Notre Dame will win it just because of who they are. I'm clearly stating they're on the rise, and that team has got some heart, for those of you who didn't see the USC pep rally and USC game at last year.

stoopified
4/15/2006, 01:44 AM
The only tough thing about the ND schedule is Penn state.USC is in a major rebuilding year,UCLA was exposed as a fraud and won't be as good.It is a good name schedule but teams are weak.P.S. Irish will lose at least two.They only beat two teams with a winning record last year.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/15/2006, 01:35 PM
The only tough thing about the ND schedule is Penn state.USC is in a major rebuilding year,UCLA was exposed as a fraud and won't be as good.It is a good name schedule but teams are weak.P.S. Irish will lose at least two.They only beat two teams with a winning record last year.Watch out for SUC again. They are so loaded with talent from #1 recruiting classes, they're solid for yrs. to come.(IMO)

bcgvh
4/15/2006, 02:12 PM
That schedule isn't all that impressive.

snp
4/15/2006, 04:41 PM
Lots of ND bias in this thread.

The Navy game won't be on NBC since it's not a home game.

Clearly your knowledge trumps all others.

Flagstaffsooner
4/15/2006, 05:12 PM
Hey, Going, you work for NBC?

starclassic tama
4/15/2006, 09:12 PM
Watch out for SUC again. They are so loaded with talent from #1 recruiting classes, they're solid for yrs. to come.(IMO)

while this is true, I think experience is underrated in college football. our roster was loaded with top tier recruiting classes last year, and look what happened. not saying i'm not pleased with the team last year, but a few injuries here and there and a few mistakes by young players and you are 8-4.

Octavian
4/15/2006, 09:20 PM
Lots of ND bias in this thread...

umm....yeah :confused:

Flagstaffsooner
4/15/2006, 09:37 PM
umm....yeah :confused:I was kinda wondering what planet he cruised in for myself. Oh, texass. nm

shavedmarmoset
4/16/2006, 03:15 AM
They get four weeks of tune-up before the USC game with navy, unc, air force and army. Not cool.

This schedule is definitely solid. Not the hardest but I could see them losing to Michigan, UCLA, Penn St. and USC. However, I don't think they will lose to ALL of those teams, probably only one or two.

But as long as they don't play for the MNC it's ok.

snp
4/16/2006, 03:55 AM
umm....yeah :confused:

Sorry, I usually let grudges go after 50 years.

Octavian
4/16/2006, 04:16 AM
Sorry, I usually let grudges go after 50 years.

you shouldn't

King Crimson
4/16/2006, 05:18 AM
Historically, Notre Dame gets way too much credit for playing .500 Big 10 teams.

NormanPride
4/16/2006, 05:31 PM
[irish fan] we beat ranked teams when they're still ranked [/irish fan]

I hate Notre Dame!

tbl
4/16/2006, 08:10 PM
Anybody that says SUC is not tough is a moran. We all know they've lost a lot of talent, but as was already pointed out, they have LOADS of recruits in the wings. They're a force to be reckoned with for the rest of this decade... minimum.