PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the TNT NBA halftime crew on TV?

colleyvillesooner
4/13/2006, 11:11 PM
I didn't know Ernie Johnson had cancer:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2006-02-22-tnt-johnson_x.htm

TNT NBA studio host Ernie Johnson announced Wednesday that he has "follicular" non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Johnson, who was diagnosed 2½ years ago, said he will work the rest of the NBA season and the playoffs and then begin treatment, which will likely include chemotherapy.

"This is a low-grade and treatable cancer not as aggressive as some other forms," Johnson said. "The approach that my oncologist recommended (is) ... monitoring my condition with checkups every four months with the option to begin treatment if and when I began showing symptoms of illness. Through all this time I have had no symptoms."

Johnson said he is going public with his condition because the swelling of a lymph node near his left ear has become noticeable to TNT viewers, and he has been asked questions about it.

Wow. He is very swollen on his left side. Very noticable. Hope he pulls through it. Gotta be rough just dealing with Kenny and Charles all night.

GrapevineSooner
4/14/2006, 09:53 AM
I hope Ernie pulls through it as well.

But to be honest, when the Mavs are playing on TNT, I usually flip it over to some other channel because I can't stand listen to Barkley's ill-informed canards about how Dallas doesn't play any defense.

Scott D
4/14/2006, 09:55 AM
Ernie went public with the lymphoma I think about a month or so ago on TNT.