PDA

View Full Version : I'd much rather have President Bush speak at my college than Courik

usmc-sooner
4/13/2006, 10:16 PM
but that's just me.

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 10:35 PM
Ditto.

Or better yet, make it a vet from Iraq or Afganistan. Perhaps some brave soul thats overcome losing a limb or worse.

BajaOklahoma
4/13/2006, 10:35 PM
Think of all of the extra security hassles.

Ike
4/13/2006, 11:10 PM
I'd rather have someone who, ya know, benifited from their college education, or put it to good use. but thats just me.

proud gonzo
4/13/2006, 11:21 PM
personally... i'm glad i will not have to worry about all the freaking security with W. especially since i'll be entering the stadium with a big black case on my back

Chuck Bao
4/13/2006, 11:49 PM
Congrats PG and all those who finished their classes!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/13/2006, 11:52 PM
aggy won the game of commencement speakers for the '06 Bedlam series.

GottaHavePride
4/13/2006, 11:53 PM
Congrats PG and all those who finished their classes!

Heh. she's just talking about playing in the commencement band.

Jimminy Crimson
4/13/2006, 11:55 PM
I guess having a news anchor is better than some morning variety show broad.

GottaHavePride
4/13/2006, 11:58 PM
In all the commencements I've been to here, I thought Jack Valenti gave the most interesting speech.

proud gonzo
4/13/2006, 11:59 PM
In all the commencements I've been to here, I thought Jack Valenti gave the most interesting speech.
Did he do any one armed push ups??

GottaHavePride
4/14/2006, 12:08 AM
Dammit! This guy:

http://www.americanassembly.org/esda.dir/grapix.dir/JackValenti_ind_esda_fullsz_pic_Valentilg.jpg

not this guy:

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/images/celebs/palanj.jpg

PhxSooner
4/14/2006, 12:23 AM
We had Anthony Stafford. One full hour of space talk that started with him saying, "Billions of years ago..." My husband's was better; 15 minutes with James Garner. He entered the stage to the Rockford Files theme.

crawfish
4/14/2006, 12:36 AM
I'd rather have someone who, ya know, benifited from their college education, or put it to good use. but thats just me.

dude hes the president.

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2006, 12:37 AM
My fish year we almost had Janet Reno come and speak as part of the President's Lecture series. But 9/11 happened just a couple of days before she was scheduled to speak so she cancelled.

Anyway, we'd planned to protest the event and even made up some black shirts that said FBI on the front and "Janet Reno: Returning to the Scene of the Crime - Baylor University" on the front. Pity those were never used.

Octavian
4/14/2006, 01:29 AM
My fish year we almost had Janet Reno come and speak as part of the President's Lecture series. But 9/11 happened just a couple of days before she was scheduled to speak so she cancelled.

Anyway, we'd planned to protest the event and even made up some black shirts that said FBI on the front and "Janet Reno: Returning to the Scene of the Crime - Baylor University" on the front. Pity those were never used.

you'd have tons of objections to the Homeland Sec Dept if Reno ran it

Octavian
4/14/2006, 01:31 AM
actually, knowing your beliefs you probably do anyways....I agree :nods:

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2006, 02:02 AM
actually, knowing your beliefs you probably do anyways....I agree :nods:

You're right, I have more objections than I could possibly mention here. :D

proud gonzo
4/14/2006, 07:45 AM
Dammit! This guy:

http://www.americanassembly.org/esda.dir/grapix.dir/JackValenti_ind_esda_fullsz_pic_Valentilg.jpg

not this guy:

http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/images/celebs/palanj.jpg

...well, did HE do one armed push ups??

Condescending Sooner
4/14/2006, 08:45 AM
We had Anthony Stafford. One full hour of space talk that started with him saying, "Billions of years ago..." My husband's was better; 15 minutes with James Garner. He entered the stage to the Rockford Files theme.

Um...you mean Thomas Stafford? I think Anthony would talk more about streaking down the sidelines against Nebraska than space talk.

jeremy885
4/14/2006, 08:52 AM
We had Sam Nunn back for ours back in 99. He started out ok, but by the end, I couldn't tell whether or not he was formally announcing that he was running for President. I thought commencement speeches were about the graduates not the speaker.

usmc-sooner
4/14/2006, 09:01 AM
We had Anthony Stafford.

number 25, I bet he had lots of cool football stories.