PDA

View Full Version : Chances of signing Slim Shady

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 08:27 PM
Darrell Arthur

What do you think? I'd love for us to get this kid.

We've used up our 5 schollys. One or two of those might not qualify, but we won't know until the summer.

Would a 'ship be taken away from someone if he wants to come to OU? I don't like the thought of that, but if it's the best thing for the team, then it must be done.

We're moving up his list of many. It's the closest school to Dallas, so he won't be far from his family.

Capel can dunk and has at least 1 tattoo.

Any thoughts?

:twinkies:

OUGreg723
4/13/2006, 09:04 PM
It is very possible and it would be awesome. An inside source tells me he is very interested, and really wants to come if given the opportunity. He is good friends with Scottie and Damion as well. We will just have to see how things play out.

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 09:55 PM
Without Darrell, this incoming class is awesome. With Darrell, I don't know what word would describe it.

It gives me chills. Good chills.

TheBigRedMachine
4/13/2006, 10:52 PM
An inside source tells me he is very interested, and really wants to come if given the opportunity.

Is your inside source Scottie? I would love to get him, but we still need to open up a schollie to offer him somehow.

SleestakSooner
4/14/2006, 08:24 AM
Which one of the new recruits flopped on us and is now decided he is wanting to follow KS to IU?

Or was that just a viscious rumor I heard on the Sports Animal?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/14/2006, 08:52 AM
Is your inside source Scottie? I would love to get him, but we still need to open up a schollie to offer him somehow.

If someone didn't qualify or if something happens to make another schollie available Arthur would be a huge get. I think it would be uncool though to take a scholarhip from someone and give it to him and I think it is that last thing that Capel would do coming into a new job let alone anytime.

I've heard a couple people on the KC radio stations say that Arthur is probably going to Ku or Hook 'em .

scotplum
4/14/2006, 09:33 AM
Which one of the new recruits flopped on us and is now decided he is wanting to follow KS to IU?

Or was that just a viscious rumor I heard on the Sports Animal?

It was a JUCO player named White, I believe.

LSUdeek
4/14/2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/2612476.html

Darrel Arthur, a 6-foot-9, 215-pound power forward from South Oak Cliff High School in Dallas, recently added LSU to his list of potential suitors. Arthur, ranked 12th by Scout.com and 19th by Rivalshoops.com, has taken official visits to Kansas, SMU, Baylor, North Carolina and Indiana but has still not signed a national letter of intent.

After watching LSU against Duke and Texas, Arthur told his AAU coach, Greg “Jazzy” Hartwell that he liked the Tigers’ style of play and thought he would fit well in LSU’s system.

“He likes the way they let their big men play inside and out and that they go up and down when they can,” said Hartwell, a Baton Rouge native and Glen Oaks High School graduate. “LSU is definitely a school he wants to think about before he makes a final decision.”

Rhino
4/14/2006, 10:10 AM
Basically, Arthur likes every school.

Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Indiana, and recently, Arizona and LSU.

It's impossible to tell with this kid.

NormanPride
4/14/2006, 11:38 AM
Is he smart/will he qualify? Does he sell/do drugs? Is he in a gang/is he otherwise violent?

If those get good answers, then I'll be properly stoked about his potential to be a Sooner.

LSUdeek
4/14/2006, 11:53 AM
Basically, Arthur likes every school.

Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Indiana, and recently, Arizona and LSU.

It's impossible to tell with this kid.

You're definitely right about that. He originally was going straight to Kansas so I figure KU's still #1.

Tyrus Thomas' NBA Draft decision should figure importantly with this kid. If TT stays he's probably not coming to LSU.

I really really like the fact that his AAU coach is a BR native. :)

badger
4/14/2006, 03:16 PM
Rich white guys have it so tough, I hope we give this poor award-winning rapper an OU scholarship for basketball.
http://www.eminemonline.com/cartoon1.jpg

stoopified
4/14/2006, 10:13 PM
Rich white guys have it so tough, I hope we give this poor award-winning rapper an OU scholarship for basketball.
http://www.eminemonline.com/cartoon1.jpgHuh?

GottaHavePride
4/14/2006, 10:19 PM
Slim Shady, re: thread title.

BOOM goes the dol3miute!!11!1 Or something. w00t drunkytown!

LSUdeek
4/17/2006, 01:48 PM
bump, tyrus thomas is having a press conference at 3:00 PM CST to purportedly declare for the draft and announce he's hiring an agent.... per everyone's favorite tool Doug Gottlieb. this could be huge for lsu's chances to sign arthur. keep your eyes peeled.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/17/2006, 02:21 PM
bump, tyrus thomas is having a press conference at 3:00 PM CST to purportedly declare for the draft and announce he's hiring an agent.... per everyone's favorite tool Doug Gottlieb. this could be huge for lsu's chances to sign arthur. keep your eyes peeled.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Thomas myself though I could see him making some $$$ in the draft.

Harry Beanbag
4/17/2006, 02:34 PM
Texa$$ will mo$t likely end up with him.

LSUdeek
4/17/2006, 03:13 PM

he signed with sports management last night. looking forward to next year.

Ruuuuuufus
4/17/2006, 04:13 PM
Isn't there some bad blood between Arthur and Keith Clark? Assuming Clark qualifies...

columbuscreek
4/19/2006, 03:36 PM
I think DA goes to Baylor. Damion James has asked for his release from OU too.

LSUdeek
4/24/2006, 01:19 PM
Booya!

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=86067

Darrell Arthur: The recruiting saga of this mega-talented Dallas forward is over, and it ends with a tremendous twist. The big man is heading to LSU (expect an official announcement sometime this week), a school that wasn't seriously pursuing him until three weeks ago. Baylor and Kansas both made strong pushes, but neither could offer him a guaranteed starting job and a chance to win a national title right away, or a chance to play alongside Big Baby. Arthur will replace Tyrus Thomas, who announced last week that he will leave early for the NBA draft. Arthur will provide a great compliment for Glen Davis.

Rhino
4/24/2006, 02:05 PM
So basically, he'll decide something different later this week, right?

LSUdeek
5/2/2006, 12:34 PM
Basically :rolleyes:

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2006/may/02/ku_basketball_notebook/?mens_basketball

Darrell Arthur, a 6-foot-9 senior forward from Dallas’ South Oak Cliff High, returned from his campus visit to LSU on Sunday. His mom, Sandra, told rivals.com the family this week would discuss finalists LSU, Kansas and Baylor.

“We really did have a nice visit,” she said.

Darrell Arthur told Dallas Fox 4 TV on Monday that KU was his leader. He indicated he might announce his decision live on the Dallas TV station on Sunday, May 14.

Rhino
5/2/2006, 01:54 PM
heh.

jccouger
5/2/2006, 06:49 PM
So basically, he'll decide something different later this week, right?

hahahaha, spek.

LSUdeek
5/8/2006, 09:13 AM
i guess he'll announce at 12:30. :texan:

Rhino
5/8/2006, 10:10 AM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/783/itsatrap4fd.jpg

LSUdeek
5/8/2006, 11:06 AM
Just when it looked like Darrell Arthur was all set to make a decision about his future; a last minute change has been made. The No. 16 ranked player in the class of 2006 was scheduled to hold a press conference at 12:30 CST on Monday, but those plans have been changed. A press conference will still take place this week, but it will not happen today.

:D :D :D

Rhino
5/8/2006, 12:45 PM
I beginning to wonder if there really is a Darrell Arthur.

william_brasky
5/8/2006, 12:46 PM
it's been re-scheduled for tomorrow at the same time/same place.

awesome.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/8/2006, 01:30 PM
I beginning to wonder if there really is a Darrell Arthur.

Keyser Soze?

Sooner Schemer
5/8/2006, 05:33 PM
it's been re-scheduled for tomorrow at the same time/same place.
Maybe he's waiting for the check to clear.

Scratch that.
His AAU coach may be waiting for the check to clear.

colleyvillesooner
5/9/2006, 01:21 PM
It's Kansas.

SOC's Arthur picks Kansas

12:44 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 9, 2006
By KATE HAIROPOULOS / The Dallas Morning News

Darrell Arthur's long, eventful recruitment is finally over.

The South Oak Cliff star said Tuesday that he will play college basketball at Kansas.

Arthur, who had narrowed his list to Kansas, Baylor and LSU, made the long-awaited announcement at his grandparents' home in Oak Cliff.

Arthur, a 6-9 McDonald's All-American and SportsDay's player of the year, had planned to make his decision public Monday afternoon at the Moorland YMCA, but the news conference was canceled.

Arthur's announcement ends an exhaustive recruitment. Ranked No. 16 nationally by Rivals.com, he was one of the nation's top remaining uncommitted recruits. Most elite seniors signed national letters of intent in November.

During his recruitment, Arthur took official visits to Baylor, Kansas, Indiana, North Carolina and SMU. Illinois, Oklahoma, Arizona and Texas were all in the picture during the process. LSU made a late push during its Final Four run to join the group of finalists.

Arthur took an unofficial visit to LSU in late April but returned uncommitted.

Arthur relied on his mother, Sandra, his grandparents, his summer league coach, Jazzy Hartwell, and SOC coach James Mays II during the process.

Arthur led SOC to back-to-back Class 4A state titles in March. He's a smooth, agile forward who can play above the rim and run the floor. He played his best in big games, which he dominated for stretches.

william_brasky
5/9/2006, 02:22 PM
Now maybe the world can move forward.

:twinkies:

Soonerwolf
5/10/2006, 08:35 AM
It's Kansas.

Who really cares ???

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/10/2006, 09:47 AM
Who really cares ???

I do. The guy can hoop. I'd rather had seen him go outside the conference though my concerns are more about who we have next year.

Big Red Ron
5/10/2006, 10:00 AM
Isn't Kansas in serious NCAA trouble?

colleyvillesooner
5/10/2006, 10:37 AM
Who really cares ???

Probably all the people that posted in this thread.

Soonerwolf
5/10/2006, 10:41 AM
Probably all the people that posted in this thread.

My slip-up, apologies to all sooner b-ball fans. What I meant was since OU was not in this kid's top 3 list, I don't care where he goes.

I care more for info onwho wants to be a Sooner, not on those who don't.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
5/10/2006, 11:42 AM
Isn't Kansas in serious NCAA trouble?

They could be, though I think they still are a pretty attractive destination for a hs b-ball player.

My guess is that KU is in "medium NCAA trouble" if that makes sense. They will probably get some punishment that will hurt them a little down the road but they have a bunch of talent so it won't hurt them at least in the short run that much.

Now KU football could be in BIG trouble.