PDA

View Full Version : SOONERS CHOOSE KATIE COURIC AS COMMENCEMENT SPEAKER

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
4/13/2006, 06:20 PM
What's up with that? Couldn't we get Alec Baldwin?

BigRedJed
4/13/2006, 06:24 PM
Mmm... ...ribs...

Scott D
4/13/2006, 06:31 PM
as long as you approve of it william that's all that matters :rolleyes:

bri
4/13/2006, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know any good recipies for cookies?

I like cookies.

4/13/2006, 07:06 PM
as long as you approve of it william that's all that matters :rolleyes:Hey, Scott, how you doin'? I haven't had you jump my bu*t in a long time.

Scott D
4/13/2006, 07:12 PM
Hey, Scott, how you doin'? I haven't had you jump my bu*t in a long time.

I'm sick, thanks for asking. I haven't had a reason to, or have decided to pass up opportunities...especially since handcrafted gives better reasons ;)

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 07:15 PM
Maybe she can give an update on forged memo investigation!

bri
4/13/2006, 07:18 PM
Maybe Dubya can give an update on...nah, never mind. I don't have enough time to run down all the various investigations that have returned honor to the White House.

oumartin
4/13/2006, 07:20 PM
ROCK THE VOTE!

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 07:20 PM
I'm just glad I'm not the only one here who thinks W is a giant ******.

I hereby officially welcome back Bri.

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 07:23 PM
Maybe Dubya can give an update on...nah, never mind. I don't have enough time to run down all the various investigations that have returned honor to the White House.
What investigations?

I only know of one, and thats quickly falling apart.

oumartin
4/13/2006, 07:24 PM
I'm just glad I'm not the only one here who thinks bri is a giant ******.

thats not a very warm welcome :D

TexasLidig8r
4/13/2006, 07:28 PM

Let's face it.. the leadership void in the White House has been pretty appalling for quite some time now. What was once an admirable, strong, voice of the people, an office internationally respected, has disintigrated into... well, we're inundated with mediocre men with little, if any, vision.

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 07:30 PM
Let's face it.. the leadership void in the White House has been pretty appalling for quite some time now. What was once an admirable, strong, voice of the people, an office internationally respected, has disintigrated into... well, we're inundated with mediocre men with little, if any, vision.

I blame the PACs. I blame the $. I blame the special interests. I blame Tuba most of all though.

4/13/2006, 07:45 PM
Let's face it.. the leadership void in the White House has been pretty appalling for quite some time now. What was once an admirable, strong, voice of the people, an office internationally respected, has disintigrated into... well, we're inundated with mediocre men with little, if any, vision.Yes,that is certainly the preconceived opinion of the mainstream media, and what they so aggressively strive to convince people of.

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 07:57 PM
Yes,that is certainly the preconceived opinion of the mainstream media, and what they so aggressively strive to convince people of.

So it's the media's fault W went into the quagmire that is Iraq huh?

sooneron
4/13/2006, 07:59 PM
Yes,that is certainly the preconceived opinion of the mainstream media, and what they so aggressively strive to convince people of.
I watch George on c=span when he speaks, he doesn't need the media to look like a tard.

If you aren't at LEAST somewhat embarassed by ol Georgie when he "ad libs" or speaks, then your standards are kind of low. Or you're just the type to buy something b/c the person saying it uses the right catchphrases and kew words.

4/13/2006, 08:15 PM
So it's the media's fault W went into the quagmire that is Iraq huh?Yeah, they wanted us to ignore the WMD that we all know Sadaam had, and didn't(still don't) want us to take the initiative against Islamic radicalism. They want the Clinton-Gore approach to fighting terrorism. What approach, you say? I do too.

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 08:19 PM
Joe C. should run for president.

He speaks very well, and he knows Bob Stoops.

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 08:34 PM
Yeah, they wanted us to ignore the WMD that we all know Sadaam had, and didn't(still don't) want us to take the initiative against Islamic radicalism. They want the Clinton-Gore approach to fighting terrorism. What approach, you say? I do too.

W has been a complete ***** when it comes to dealing with Islamic radicalism. What he should have done is send the B-2's over the Pakistan/Afghanistan border region collateral damage be damned. W thought he could slap a nearly impotent despot around and that that would show the Islamic radicals he meant business.

I would have a lot more respect if he had carpet bombed that mountain region and then said, "Hey Iran, you saw what I did to those coc*suckers, go ahead and rev up that nuclear technology and see what happens to you".

sooneron
4/13/2006, 08:38 PM
W has been a complete ***** when it comes to dealing with Islamic radicalism. What he should have done is send the B-2's over the Pakistan/Afghanistan border region collateral damage be damned. W thought he could slap a nearly impotent despot around and that that would show the Islamic radicals he meant business.

I would have a lot more respect if he had carpet bombed that mountain region and then said, "Hey Iran, you saw what I did to those coc*suckers, go ahead and rev up that nuclear technology and see what happens to you".

What he said.

Okla-homey
4/13/2006, 08:46 PM

While I applaud your enthusiasm, I've been there. There aren't enough bombs in the AF arsenal to carpet bomb that region. Imagine a million people spread out in little enclaves throughout the front range of the Rockies in an area the size of Oklahoma south of I-40 to the Red River and twice as long.

sooneron
4/13/2006, 08:47 PM
While I applaud your enthusiasm, I've been there. There aren't enough bombs in the AF arsenal to carpet bomb that region. Imagine a million people spread out in little enclaves throughout the front range of the Rockies in an area the size of Oklahoma south of I-40 to the Red River and twice as long.
I can think of over 100k troops that would help.

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 08:55 PM

OK I obviously defer to your wisdom in this situation, but if we knew Bin Laden was in Tora Bora, why not bomb it back to the stone ages? That was a fairly tight region, no?

jdsooner
4/13/2006, 08:59 PM

W is for Wrong. Wrong about Iraq; wrong about FEMA, wrong about being prepared for Hurricane Katrina; wrong for America.

Okla-homey
4/13/2006, 09:15 PM
OK I obviously defer to your wisdom in this situation, but if we knew Bin Laden was in Tora Bora, why not bomb it back to the stone ages? That was a fairly tight region, no?

Its already IN the stone age. seriously.

The thing is, we don't "dumb" bomb much at all anymore. It's inefficient, leads to collateral damage and fratricide since in this war, our guys are usually in close contact with the bad guys. Plus, there are usually always non-combatants in the immediate vicinity and no matter how p1ssed we are, we simply cannot blow them away if we have any alternative. That's just the way it is.

Instead, we use precision guided munitions (PGM's) which are guided to their targets by laser designators. Usually, the target is designated and lased by a tactical air control party. The probability of kill (pK) is very high under those circumstances. The downside is we have to be pretty sure of what we're shooting at and know where our guys are before we begin the terminal attack phase.

Only in extreme circumstances would we drop on a target under "danger close" rules and lacking that degree of control and those safeguards. You know, a "Gooks in the wire" type situation where the good guys were about to be overrun. Fortunately, that has rarely been the case in this war.

Suffice to say, we'll need a pretty good tip on where UBL is if we hope to send him to Allah by air-to-surface weapons.

Personally, I think the best hope is a team on the ground doing good "police" work and following up on leads who will eventually bag him. Pretty much the Saddam "spider hole" scenario.

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 09:16 PM
So, is Harry Truman still dead?

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 09:20 PM
W is for Wrong. Wrong about Iraq; wrong about FEMA, wrong about being prepared for Hurricane Katrina; wrong for America.

I guess that also means all the dims that voted for the war were also wrong, hmm?

Was Clinton wrong when he signed the Iraq Liberation Act into law then?

Not to mention the dims evac plan for new orleans.

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 09:21 PM
W has been a complete ***** when it comes to dealing with Islamic radicalism. What he should have done is send the B-2's over the Pakistan/Afghanistan border region collateral damage be damned.

Heh, I love JM's approach to his so called "pacifism".

Okla-homey
4/13/2006, 09:22 PM

Look, he's disappointed me from time to time, but go ahead and pick someone you think could have done a better job. Its a lose-lose my friend. The only guy who could have saved NOLA from Katrina was Moses and he would have had to be playing at the top of his "parting the sea" game.

As far as Iraq goes, pick a genius in Congress who could have done better and didn't vote to authorize the invasion.

"Wrong, wrong, wrong," thinking doesn't do any of us any good, but if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out. The thing is, he's the man until '08.
I say try to be supportive because I honestly believe it will help him make better decisions and ultimately will help those kids over there get the job done and GTF home.

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 09:25 PM
"Wrong, wrong, wrong," thinking doesn't do any of us any good, but if it makes you feel better, knock yourself out. The thing is, he's the man until '08.
I say try to be supportive because I honestly believe it will help him make better decisions and ultimately will help those kids over there get the job done and GTF home.

Amen.

Its sad that stuff like this has to actually be said to some people. Pathetic and sad.

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 09:28 PM
Heh, I love JM's approach to his so called "pacifism".

Whoever said I was a pacifist? Oh, maybe Mr. Broad Sweeping Generalizations likes to think that, but I can assure you, I'm no pacifist.

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 09:32 PM
Mr. Broad Sweeping Generalizations

heh

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 09:32 PM
Whoever said I was a pacifist? Oh, maybe Mr. Broad Sweeping Generalizations likes to think that, but I can assure you, I'm no pacifist.

Actually, you have said you are, several times I believe.

starclassic tama
4/13/2006, 09:35 PM
KATIE F'IN COURIC!!!??!?!?!?? still better than who the aggies got though...

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 09:37 PM
eff all this political talk.

the big question here is: would you hit it?

proud gonzo
4/13/2006, 09:38 PM
http://www.asianmediawatch.net/teamamerica/images/ta_fag_me.jpg

proud gonzo
4/13/2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/03/01/vanity13_gallery__525x550.jpg

OklahomaTuba
4/13/2006, 09:44 PM
thats gotta be farked a little.

And she looks damn good for 60 or how ever old she is.

walkoffsooner
4/13/2006, 09:54 PM
Is she around 60? I guessed 48 looks pretty good I will take beenockyoulars to event.

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 09:56 PM
She's 49.

Is anyone gonna answer the "hit it" question?

proud gonzo
4/13/2006, 10:02 PM
thats gotta be farked a little.

And she looks damn good for 60 or how ever old she is.
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/49/2982/320/Katie%20Couric%20Finger2.jpg

JohnnyMack
4/13/2006, 10:12 PM
Actually, you have said you are, several times I believe.

You really choose to hear/believe whatever it is you want. Then you try and spin it and shove it down someone's throat.

While I applaud the notion of pacifism, I am not a pacifist. While I think violence in any form is barbaric, I realize it to be a necessary evil of the world we live in. If that makes me a pacifist in your eyes then so be it. I think you're a dogmatic blowhard, but then again, what do I know?

william_brasky
4/13/2006, 10:37 PM
Katie can't get no play up in here.

For shame SO.

MamaMia
4/13/2006, 10:41 PM
Does anyone know any good recipies for cookies?

I like cookies.
Here is my favorite. I truely promise you will love these forever. :D

For the ingredients you will need:

4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 cups of unsalted real butter, softened at room teperature
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (I like C&H)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (I put this is alot of my baking)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla (You can use vanilla extract instead if you like but I use Tahitian vanilla in mine)
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans. (You could also use macadamias if you like)

The direction:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set that aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until its all blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop your cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The edges should be lightly golden brown.

usmc-sooner
4/13/2006, 10:42 PM
please tell me OU hasn't become that little liberal school in Oklahoma.

I thought we were supposed to educate kids not sway them to some old hippie idealogy.

sanantoniosooner
4/13/2006, 10:43 PM

I thought we were supposed to educate kids not sway them to some old hippie idealogy.
Liberals equate the two.

4/14/2006, 01:01 AM
You know W will be informed about OU's choice of a commencement speaker. I bet he will make a quick comment about that at his commencement address at aggy. I will be interested in following that.

Okla-homey
4/14/2006, 06:08 AM

Naw, OU is safe. TU still retains the above title.;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/14/2006, 06:47 AM
Why does this selection make OU a "liberal school?" Last year we had John McCain. Now I like McCain, but all he talked about was freaking Iraq and supporting W.

bri
4/14/2006, 06:55 AM
You know W will be informed about OU's choice of a commencement speaker. I bet he will make a quick comment about that at his commencement address at aggy. I will be interested in following that.

You know, I HOPE Dubya's got a skosh more on his plate to worry about than some morning-show chippie speaking down the road...but then I suppose I've always been a doe-eyed idealist like that.

Besides, if he tries to make a "quick comment", he'll probaby fall over dizzy.

Sooner in Tampa
4/14/2006, 07:15 AM
You know W will be informed about OU's choice of a commencement speaker. I bet he will make a quick comment about that at his commencement address at aggy. I will be interested in following that.I would bet that W could give a rats a$$ about who is delivering the commencement address to OU...and I be that he cares even less that it is Couric.

swardboy
4/14/2006, 07:45 AM
Here is my favorite. I truely promise you will love these forever. :D

For the ingredients you will need:

4 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 cups of unsalted real butter, softened at room teperature
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar (I like C&H)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix (I put this is alot of my baking)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla (You can use vanilla extract instead if you like but I use Tahitian vanilla in mine)
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts or pecans. (You could also use macadamias if you like)

The direction:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Sift together the flour and baking soda, set that aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until its all blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Then stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop your cookie dough by rounded spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake them for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. The edges should be lightly golden brown.

Great! And I don't need a thong to make it!

handcrafted
4/14/2006, 08:58 AM
I'm sick, thanks for asking. I haven't had a reason to, or have decided to pass up opportunities...especially since handcrafted gives better reasons ;)

Have I ripped you for having a gangsta rapper as your av? No, I haven't. ;)

handcrafted
4/14/2006, 09:01 AM

I am forced to agree with the above sentiments. Both Clinton *and* W have been way too soft. If we're fighting a war, let's fight the doggone war.

4/14/2006, 10:07 AM
I would bet that W could give a rats a$$ about who is delivering the commencement address to OU...and I be that he cares even less that it is Couric.No doubt he couldn't care less, since he is hard-core texan. But you know aggy administrators will give him the info, in hopes that they can get some mileage out of it.:eddie: :texan: Hook 'em

TheHumanAlphabet
4/14/2006, 10:10 AM
I HOPE THEY BOO her...

4/14/2006, 10:52 AM
I HOPE THEY BOO her...I would love to see Boren catch all kinds of cr*p for the deal, and reschedule someone else. It's all too PC, and it smells bad.

Scott D
4/14/2006, 11:43 AM
Have I ripped you for having a gangsta rapper as your av? No, I haven't. ;)

Sir, I dare you to place the photo of a deceased acquaintance as your avatar! :mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/14/2006, 12:33 PM
Damn it people! Last year they had a Republican Senator speak. This year they are having Katie Couric. Next year it's going to be freaking Rush Limbaugh or Orrin Hatch. There is no political agenda.

bri
4/14/2006, 12:34 PM
You logic has no basis here in the No-Spin Zone, dammit!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/14/2006, 12:45 PM
Ohh good call Bri. Maybe they can get Bill O'Reilly to deliver his 2007 Commencement Address via telephone, complete with tawdry pillow talk and all.

soonerscuba
4/14/2006, 04:13 PM
I'll bring the loofahs.

Jerk
4/14/2006, 04:42 PM
She's 49.

Is anyone gonna answer the "hit it" question?

Can I drink a bottle of Stolichnya and put a paper bag over her head, first?

bri
4/15/2006, 06:12 AM
Can I drink a bottle of Stolichnya and put a paper bag over her head, first?

You say that as if there's any other way to do it...

walkoffsooner
4/15/2006, 08:09 AM
i would hit it