PDA

View Full Version : "The luck of the Norm" has migrated to my job

Mrs. Norm
4/13/2006, 05:27 PM
Today was absolute **** at school. First of all, me and another colleague found a teacher in the hall way. She was totally disoriented, running into the wall, not knowing where she was, etc. We get her to the office, call 911, and then the teacher goes into a comatose state. Come to find out, she didn't "wake up" until 2:00.

Second, one of my 6th grade students was punched in the face during recess.....by a 5th grade boy!! This girl comes screaming into my room about 5 minutes before recess is over. She is yelling that she is going to kick some f'in a**. She had blood all over. Well, the boy broke her nose. They were apparantly "dating" and he thought she was cheating on him.

Thirdly, my other language arts class comes over and they had drama going on!!!! One of the boys had asked a girl out and she told him she would give him an answer after school. This poor boy was nervous as heck. He was so nervous that he got nauseated. After being in my room 15 minutes, he was running back and forth to the bathroom. The poor boy was puking "through both ends" for about 45 minutes. He refused to go home.

I finally get to get out of there at 4:00, pick up the boy from school, and he has lost his backpack!

SERENITY NOW, SERENITY NOW!!!

sanantoniosooner
4/13/2006, 05:30 PM
First of all, me and another colleague found a teacher in the hall way. She was totally disoriented, running into the wall, not knowing where she was, etc.
Does she occasionally post on SF.com under the name "Nick"?

colleyvillesooner
4/13/2006, 05:34 PM
Today was absolute **** at school. First of all, me and another colleague found a teacher in the hall way. She was totally disoriented, running into the wall, not knowing where she was, etc. We get her to the office, call 911, and then the teacher goes into a comatose state. Come to find out, she didn't "wake up" until 2:00.

Second, one of my 6th grade students was punched in the face during recess.....by a 5th grade boy!! This girl comes screaming into my room about 5 minutes before recess is over. She is yelling that she is going to kick some f'in a**. She had blood all over. Well, the boy broke her nose. They were apparantly "dating" and he thought she was cheating on him.

Thirdly, my other language arts class comes over and they had drama going on!!!! One of the boys had asked a girl out and she told him she would give him an answer after school. This poor boy was nervous as heck. He was so nervous that he got nauseated. After being in my room 15 minutes, he was running back and forth to the bathroom. The poor boy was puking "through both ends" for about 45 minutes. He refused to go home.

I finally get to get out of there at 4:00, pick up the boy from school, and he has lost his backpack!

Well, did she say yes?

Mrs. Norm
4/13/2006, 05:36 PM
Well, did she say yes?
Actually, she told me that she was going to turn him down. I will get to live through that drama tomorrow. :mad:

Sooner_Bob
4/13/2006, 05:37 PM

Wow.

Happy Easter? :D

Mrs. Norm
4/13/2006, 05:52 PM
Norm's making it a little bit better. He is taking us out to eat. There's no telling what could've happened if we were to cook something tonight.

GottaHavePride
4/13/2006, 05:58 PM
Actually, she told me that she was going to turn him down. I will get to live through that drama tomorrow. :mad:

Pfff. Yainches. Can't just give a straight yes or no, they gotta string a guy along.

;)

BajaOklahoma
4/13/2006, 06:57 PM
We are off for Good Friday.
I've also had a luck of Norm week.

This morning, the mother of one of our first grade students was buried. The woman broke her hip several weeks ago. Due to a history of drug abuse, her sister controlled the pain meds. So the woman borrows her father's car and finds a doc who gave her some muscles relaxants (I think this part sounds fishy). The next day, the woman is acting funny, so the sister confronts her and finds the medication. After the words were exchanged, the woman goes to bed. Her father checks on her several times during the night, but her body is cold at 10 AM when the father checks on her. The poor child's father is an alcoholic who is currently dry as he just got out of jail. The sister won't take the child permanently as she has serious learning issues and the sister has a new marriage to settle into, with kids involved on both sides. Poor, poor child.

Yesterday, one of our students had a seizure at school. Scary for the staff member with her, but she has a history of seizures so we had medication for her.

And one of the staff member's son was playing in the swing for our autistic kids (used to calm them down) when another child decided to see how high the swing could go. Did I mention that the swing is in the classroom? Fairly close to a teacher's desk. We have the impact on video. Half an inch long gash, lots of blood and kid who hates the ER.

Can I go out to dinner with Norm and Mrs Norm?

PrideTrombone
4/13/2006, 07:16 PM
I had some kids who talked a lot. Doesn't seem quite so bad now. :)

Mrs. Norm
4/13/2006, 07:21 PM
One of our teachers said that tonight we will have a full moon. Is this true? If so, I totally believe that things get really, really strange during full moon.

BajaOklahoma
4/13/2006, 07:58 PM
Spring has Sprung..........

sooneron
4/13/2006, 08:36 PM
So how was the service at the restaurant?? C'mon, that had to have been a disaster!

blueyedsooner
4/13/2006, 09:26 PM
I'm there with ya. My first graders were OUT OF CONTROL!! I swear it felt like the last week of school! Luckily my "calgon" moment came at 3:49 when I got the heck outta there. We are off for Good Friday as well! :)

Hope tomorrow is better for you. If we would have had school tomorrow, I seriously would have had to call in a sub!!!

Mrs. Norm
4/13/2006, 09:34 PM
So how was the service at the restaurant?? C'mon, that had to have been a disaster!
Actually, we decided to go to Tarahumara's. Of course, they were packed, so we drove on. We both decided to go to J-Pat's since we haven't been there in a few years. Therefore, no "service". We got our food pretty fast.

As for having school tomorrow, me and the other 6th grade teacher decided that we would celebrate "the end of CRT tests" and show The Chronicles of Narnia. With that movie, lunch, recess, and 2 specials that will be ALL we do tomorrow.

TUSooner
4/13/2006, 09:40 PM
Norm's making it a little bit better. He is taking us out to eat. There's no telling what could've happened if we were to cook something tonight.
Tomorrow's headline: Popular Local Eatery Burns to Ground

olevetonahill
4/13/2006, 09:41 PM
that teacher that I drove nuts in 68 still aint found it :eek:

BajaOklahoma
4/13/2006, 09:59 PM
It is strongly frowned on to have a sub for the day before or after a holiday weekend. You are written up and it goes in your permanent file.
So I have to wonder, when my principal takes off, does she write herself up?

blueyedsooner
4/13/2006, 10:05 PM
It is strongly frowned on to have a sub for the day before or after a holiday weekend. You are written up and it goes in your permanent file.
So I have to wonder, when my principal takes off, does she write herself up?

It is at our school as well....but hey, if your "sick"...... ;)

Frankly I frown upon getting sub for any reason! Waaaaay to much hassle for me! I'd almost rather go in sick.

usmc-sooner
4/13/2006, 10:12 PM
so a boy broke a girls nose? bring back the paddle. WTF are these kids learning. I think that our school system is privledge not a right. If your kids can't act right that's fine, let the parents home school them. Make them go through the headaches and paperwork that teachers go through.

Hope it gets better Mrs. Norm

BajaOklahoma
4/13/2006, 10:13 PM
I actually used a couple of sick days this year.
It's hard to get a sub for me - I'm the school nurse. There aren't many of us.

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2006, 12:42 AM
so a boy broke a girls nose? bring back the paddle. WTF are these kids learning. I think that our school system is privledge not a right. If your kids can't act right that's fine, let the parents home school them. Make them go through the headaches and paperwork that teachers go through.

Hope it gets better Mrs. Norm

Aye, kids today are absolutely horrible. Middle schoolers are the worst, and I thought they were bad when I was in middle school (from about 95-97), but I'm convinced they're 10x worse today. The're nasty little devils who need a good beating.

soonerhubs
4/14/2006, 03:01 AM
Aye, kids today are absolutely horrible. Middle schoolers are the worst, and I thought they were bad when I was in middle school (from about 95-97), but I'm convinced they're 10x worse today. The're nasty little devils who need a good beating.
I subbed for your middle school back in 2001. They hated me because I was a Nazi. I gained the nickname Mr. No Talk.

Sheesh... What have I become?

BajaOklahoma
4/14/2006, 07:27 AM
It's a great day. I just woke up, nos school today. Mr. Baja goes to work after I do, so he got to sleep later even though he has to go into work.
So I get a day to myself at home. Spring cleaning, here I come.