PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Big 12 Composite Schedule -Football

DisTex
4/13/2006, 03:30 PM
Something I do every year. I hope it's useful.

The Source Code:
http://www.howdy-folks.com/Big12/Big12fb2006.xls

http://www.howdy-folks.com/Big12/BIG12-2006.jpg

goingoneight
4/13/2006, 10:39 PM
cool, man...

sanantoniosooner
4/13/2006, 11:01 PM
Something I do every year. I hope it's useful.
Are you related to DatTex?

Scott D
4/14/2006, 11:34 AM
looks like A&M stole Auburn's non conference schedule ;)

At least Tech is going in the right direction w/ their schedule.

soonervegas
4/14/2006, 01:15 PM
Man...there are some good non conference games for the league this year.

texas vs Ohio State
OU at Oregon
Colorado at Georgia
Kansas State vs Louisville
Nebraska at USC
osu vs Missouri State

Everything at fan could want.

Jason White's Third Knee
4/14/2006, 02:19 PM
Hey, I like it! I do the same thing with a few teams that I follow. Mine is nowhere that cool though. Thanks.

shavedmarmoset
4/14/2006, 07:50 PM
Anyone think the bye week before Texas will make much of a difference, especially considering UT's bye week isn't until the A&M game?

btw, That crimson lettering looks suspiciously like the maroon lettering A&M has. A little too close for me.

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2006, 07:54 PM
Awesome chart, but if I send you the new Baylor logo will you replace Sailor Bear? I freakin' hate Sailor Bear!

And spek to you.

stoops the eternal pimp
4/14/2006, 08:12 PM
NEBRASKA WILL BEAT USC....

Octavian
4/14/2006, 08:32 PM
haha...look whos playin The Citadel :rcmad:

Octavian
4/14/2006, 08:33 PM
the Husker-whorn game in Lincoln should be interesting

royalfan5
4/14/2006, 10:22 PM
the Husker-whorn game in Lincoln should be interesting
We damn near beat them last time with one of the worst husker teams of the last 40 years. And if nothing else our defense should be pretty salty next year if for no reason other than the fact that we had to start about six guys at linebacker last year, and their all back along with most the secondary and DE's from the defense that led the nation in sacks. Plus we finally have some experience at QB and WR and get our stud TE back from injury.

colleyvillesooner
4/14/2006, 10:27 PM
We damn near beat them last time with one of the worst husker teams of the last 40 years. And if nothing else our defense should be pretty salty next year if for no reason other than the fact that we had to start about six guys at linebacker last year, and their all back along with most the secondary and DE's from the defense that led the nation in sacks. Plus we finally have some experience at QB and WR and get our stud TE back from injury.

That must have looked weird, playing a 3-6-3 defense.

royalfan5
4/15/2006, 12:44 AM
That must have looked weird, playing a 3-6-3 defense.
Only started 3 at a time. The weakside LB's kept breaking limbs, and the MLB torn up his knee in the Tech game.

SkipTracer
4/15/2006, 11:19 AM
osu vs Missouri State

Everything at fan could want.

:D

Sooner Among The Pack
4/15/2006, 03:12 PM
Makes you proud when you look at this chart and see that OU plays, by far, the hardest non-conference sked as a whole. The individual games (Ohio State @ Texas, Nebraska @ USC) are impressive, but as a whole, UAB, Washington, and @ Oregon is of much higher quailty than Texas' or Nebraska's other non-conf. opponents.

Salt City Sooner
4/15/2006, 03:32 PM
Think I'd have to give the nod to CU personally. They've been playing hard OOC's on a consistent basis ever since McCartney got that lifetime contract back in the late 80's.

Sooner Among The Pack
4/15/2006, 03:39 PM
Think I'd have to give the nod to CU personally. They've been playing hard OOC's on a consistent basis ever since McCartney got that lifetime contract back in the late 80's.

Yea, I guess Colorado State (annual rivarly) Arizona State, and Georgia is as good if not better than OU's. Good to see that there are still a few programs in the Big XII not afraid to schedule 100% cupcakes.

royalfan5
4/15/2006, 04:05 PM
Yea, I guess Colorado State (annual rivarly) Arizona State, and Georgia is as good if not better than OU's. Good to see that there are still a few programs in the Big XII not afraid to schedule 100% cupcakes.
CU has to do it to keep fan interest and attendance up in the crowded Colorado market. They need the cash.

Rogue
4/15/2006, 05:57 PM
K State playing Marshall and Louisville?
I guess Southeast Idaho State Community Vocational College for the Deaf and Blind was full and they already had Illinois St scheduled. Best K St non-conf games in a long time. Now, after that back-handed compliment, I hope Louisville and Marshall pound them into obscurity forever and they stay there.

Salt City Sooner
4/15/2006, 08:51 PM
K State playing Marshall and Louisville?
I guess Southeast Idaho State Community Vocational College for the Deaf and Blind was full and they already had Illinois St scheduled. Best K St non-conf games in a long time. Now, after that back-handed compliment, I hope Louisville and Marshall pound them into obscurity forever and they stay there.
There was definitely a reason Snyder had the rep of scheduling a ton of patsies, but the last few years, they've actually made at least an attempt to schedule some decent teams:

'01 & '02- Swept USC

'03 Cal, Marshall

'04- Fresno St.

'05- Marshall

It ain't the Bataan Death March, but it's better than most of their previous slates. Hopefully it'll continue.

walkoffsooner
4/15/2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks very nice work will hang up at work.