PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Football Spring Outlook

HoustonPowercat
4/13/2006, 02:55 PM
Here is my preview for Oklahoma Football

Oklahoma Football Spring Outlook (http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/04/oklahoma-football-spring-outlook.html)

Enjoy....

http://ksucollegefootball.blogspot.com/

Harry Beanbag
4/13/2006, 02:57 PM
Who are you?

HoustonPowercat
4/13/2006, 02:59 PM
I am HoustonPowercat.... by the way, my Fantasy Football team is the "Harry Beanbags"

Harry Beanbag
4/13/2006, 03:02 PM
I am HoustonPowercat.... by the way, my Fantasy Football team is the "Harry Beanbags"

Okay. Now explain why anybody here would give a **** about your preview of Oklahoma football.

HoustonPowercat
4/13/2006, 03:03 PM
Maybe nobody does...

Feel free to move on.

sooner518
4/13/2006, 03:29 PM
My Oklahoma Spring Football Outlook:

Strong to Quite strong.

that is all

CatfishSooner
4/13/2006, 04:23 PM
Quite Strong...

shavedmarmoset
4/13/2006, 04:50 PM
It says our biggest question mark of the defense is the DL? What? Do some research.

BASSooner
4/13/2006, 05:08 PM
Nah we're so solidified that if there had been any question marks at all it would be the DL because of DD. Even though with him gone, we're still dominant

Ruuuuuufus
4/13/2006, 05:45 PM
switch the biggest questions with the team strengths on D

TheUnnamedSooner
4/13/2006, 05:51 PM
it says the season is a failure if we lose to texas. So, if we win that game it won't be a failure? If we go 1-11, I doubt we'll start throwing parades in Norman....

RedstickSooner
4/13/2006, 06:24 PM
If we lose to Tejas, the season ain't a success. Dunno why that'd get much argument.

We won't go 1-11 if we beat Tejas -- so, yes, if we beat 'em, it won't be a failure.

Collier11
4/13/2006, 06:30 PM
I think he had us confused with puke state beating us and their entire season being a success?

PDXsooner
4/13/2006, 07:13 PM
it's not a bad analysis, just not original. you should try to be a little more risque, try to give people a reason to go to your site. i can get that same type of analysis at a lot of different places.

either way, good site.

sooneron
4/13/2006, 07:33 PM
"Offense: Offensive Line – The Sooners only have one starter returning from last years team, RT Chris Messner. OU does have several players with starting experience"

OK, am I missing something here? Do we have ONE starter returning or a few that started last year?
Are you saying that Messner started every game and no one else did that's returning?

Collier11
4/13/2006, 08:38 PM
man, you guys are brutal...he was just givin us something to look at, lord knows we are all bored as h*ll

goingoneight
4/14/2006, 12:04 AM
yeah, it's really kind of cool for anyone who might drop by the site and wonder how old Bob will do in 2006. K-State for the most part, has tremendous respect for OU and Stoops. So what if you've read it 100 other places in slightly different words, just means you should get off the net a little more often. Like this... See Ya!

soonerhubs
4/14/2006, 01:53 AM
Come on guys, just give em a chance. ;)

BTW didn't he just cut and paste most of this story from Foxsports.com?

Desert Sapper
4/14/2006, 07:21 AM
I like his analysis. If there is a question mark on D it is 'who will replace DD?' We have the talent and a starter returning in Pendleton, but we need the playmaking ability there. It may be a strength at the end of the year (especially if McCoy is as good as he looked in the All-America Bowl), but right now it is a question.

If there is a question on O, it is the O-Line, where Messner is, in fact, the only guy that was starting in the Holiday Bowl and he only missed starting during the UCLA and K-State games. Granted, we had Quinn (4 games started), Braxton (3 games started) and Cooper (2 games started) starting on and off during the year, but Messner is our only real starter returning.

OUr obvious question on Special Teams is the MIA punter. Hopefully Knall, Hartley or some combination can boot the ball into the stratosphere, but right now it is a liability if we end up with a three and out on our side of the 50.

OUr strengths are spot-on too. AD is a super-stud and will win the Heisman if nothing catastrophic happens. OUr secondary will be awesome this year (although a point could be made for OUr LBs, especially Ruuufus being the big strength on D). I question whether Hartley is as good as he could be, but I think he could be great. Kickers are always an enigma. Their fortunes blow with the winds, and we all know how the winds are in Oklahoma (it's part of our state song if you're clueless). I think OUr ST strength will be Reggie, Patrick, and possibly one of the dudes coming in this year (Madu or Murray). We already have playmaking speed and agility returning the ball, and we have enough talent to field a pretty good team of offensive and defensive starters on our special teams. We didn't fair all that well on ST last year (muffs, etc.), but I expect to see at least 3 run back for TDs this year.

Scott D
4/14/2006, 11:39 AM
"Offense: Offensive Line – The Sooners only have one starter returning from last years team, RT Chris Messner. OU does have several players with starting experience"

OK, am I missing something here? Do we have ONE starter returning or a few that started last year?
Are you saying that Messner started every game and no one else did that's returning?

I read that as Messner is the only one with exclusive starting experience would make him the only returning starter. Problem is that starts for everyone else left on the roster now were sporadic at best and were mainly due to injury. Most of the guys by the end of the season were backups or injured.

The D-Line question he posed has validity as well, we know we are solid with depth at the end positions, however we as fans at least are relying heavily on major production at the DT position from 1) a redshirt freshman (Granger), and 2) a true freshman (McCoy). That would at least at this point from an experience issue, make the DL a questionmark going into the season.

As for make or break? The Texas game is probably the biggest hurdle between this team and a bcs bid as conference champions.

HoustonPowercat
4/17/2006, 02:15 PM
My point regarding Texas being the make or break issue for the year is that I think you will win all your other games. I have a lot of respect for Stoops and your program and think you will have a great team this year.

I don't think 1-11 with a win vs Texas is a possibility.

You are also correct, your D-Line whould be fine, but I had to pick something...

Thanks for all who left constructive feedback and Good Luck this year.

jccouger
4/17/2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks for your input. Even though alot of people were jackasses towards you.