PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Nightmares

Czar Soonerov
4/13/2006, 09:30 AM
Anybody have or ever had them? Is there a way to suprress them? It's getting old waking up in these cold sweats in the middle of the night, EVERY night.

:bsmf: TIA

:twinkies:

picasso
4/13/2006, 09:31 AM
I have deja vu dreams but they usually aren't scary.

whuss.

Sooner_Bob
4/13/2006, 09:31 AM
When you dream that you die, you die in life, at the very same instant. Now we can go into an enemy's dream, kill him, and make it look as if he died in his sleep. Do you realize what that means?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/13/2006, 09:34 AM
The only recurring nightmare I have is that I dream that I am going to die at 1:00 am. It's really scary to wake up thinking that you are dying.

handcrafted
I would think that VK could figure out a way to solve your problem and help you sleep better.

Howzit
Is this another simile-VK-is-such-a-bastard thread?

SoonerWood
4/13/2006, 09:36 AM
You could try insomnia?

Viking Kitten
4/13/2006, 09:36 AM
I make my living off the evening news
Just give me something-something I can use
People love it when you lose,
They love dirty laundry

Well, I coulda been an actor, but I wound up here
I just have to look good, I don’t have to be clear
Come and whisper in my ear
Give us dirty laundry

Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re down
Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em all around

We got the bubble-headed-bleach-blonde who
Comes on at five
She can tell you ’bout the plane crash with a gleam
In her eye
It’s interesting when people die-
Give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation?
Is the head dead yet?
You know, the boys in the newsroom got a
Running bet
Get the widow on the set!
We need dirty laundry

You don’t really need to find out what’s going on
You don’t really want to know just how far it’s gone
Just leave well enough alone
Eat your dirty laundry

Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re up

Kick ’em when they’re up
Kick ’em when they’re stiff
Kick ’em all around

Dirty little secrets
Dirty little lies
We got our dirty little fingers in everybody’s pie
We love to cut you down to size
We love dirty laundry

We can do the innuendo
We can dance and sing
When it’s said and done we haven’t told you a thing
We all know that crap is king
Give us dirty laundry!

crawfish
4/13/2006, 09:43 AM
http://artbabyart.org/press/bluebs.jpg

bri
4/13/2006, 10:19 AM
Anybody have or ever had them? Is their a way to suprress them?

Proper punctuation and apologizing?

She's very forgiving, but she's a stickler for knowing the difference between "their", "there" and "they're"...

1stTimeCaller
4/13/2006, 10:23 AM

She's very forgiving, but she's a stickler for knowing the difference between "their" and "they're"...

what about the difference between their and there? :D

Czar Soonerov
4/13/2006, 10:42 AM

She's very forgiving, but she's a stickler for knowing the difference between "their", "there" and "they're"...

fixed.

I only posted this thread to mess with my lovely wife. I had no nightmares last night or the night before.

Note for VK's eyes only: You people are pathetic for reading private message between a loving couple.

Howzit
4/13/2006, 10:44 AM
I didn't read whatever is under the spoiler, so I'm not pathetic.

GDC
4/13/2006, 10:48 AM
I have a recurring nightmare that SF.com has been infiltrated and monopolized by whorns and whorn lovers with agendas.

Viking Kitten
4/13/2006, 10:48 AM
Maybe if I'd just go ahead and give him my e-mail address he'd no longer have to use this public forum to send me poorly written private messages.

I just hate taking the risk he might be stalker or something.

;)

Sooner_Bob
4/13/2006, 10:53 AM
Maybe if I'd just go ahead and give him my e-mail address he'd no longer have to use this public forum to send me poorly written private messages.

I just hate taking the risk he might be stalker or something.

;)

You've kilt a horse . . . a stalker should be easy money.

proud gonzo
4/13/2006, 01:00 PM
change the dream. it's in YOUR noggin.

I've had some of those before. i think the only way it stopped was that i got so fed up with it, i started doing different stuff in the dream. ended up the same way for a while, but i think the dream finally made me angry and i flipped out ninja style. it was pretty cool.

C&CDean
4/13/2006, 01:13 PM
Have you ever had that dream where you're supposed to be dropping your kids off at mom's house in Mustang in less than an hour so they can go to a church function - but you keep having another shot/beer combo and walking to your vehicle is like running in slow motion?

Czar has.

Viking Kitten
4/13/2006, 01:19 PM
Have you ever had that dream where you're supposed to be dropping your kids off at mom's house in Mustang in less than an hour so they can go to a church function - but you keep having another shot/beer combo and walking to your vehicle is like running in slow motion?

Czar has.

If he has that one very often, it is often followed by the recurring dream that he is the victim of spousal abuse/domestic violence.

Of course it's only a dream though. Least that's what I keep telling him.

C&CDean
4/13/2006, 01:21 PM
If he has that one very often, it is often followed by the recurring dream that he is the victim of spousal abuse/domestic violence.

Of course it's only a dream though. Least that's what I keep telling him.

I don't know. I know a certain female unit that was having the same dream - at the same time......

Viking Kitten
4/13/2006, 01:26 PM
But said female unit may have also dreamed that she stayed sober enough to drive and maintain consciousness upon arrival in Mustang, and hence was able to execute any number of indignities against this errant and unconscious spouse. In the dream, I mean.

bri
4/13/2006, 01:40 PM
You know what's crazy? I was THERE, and I'm still having trouble following what you two are talking about...

C&CDean
4/13/2006, 01:55 PM
You know what's crazy? I was THERE, and I'm still having trouble following what you two are talking about...

Long story short:

Czar had a couple shots with Dean. Problem is, they were Dean shots. You know it's gonna be a long day when you're using 16-ounce shot glasses. Of course my body/liver is a highly-trained athlete used to subjecting itself to this type of workout. Czar's? Not so much.

So, after they left, I had a couple more shots, packed up the RV, and drove it home. Then I fed the cows. Then I warmed up some supper that momma left for me, then I watched TV, then I went to bed.

Moral of the story: Do not attempt to drink with Dean.

bri
4/13/2006, 01:58 PM
You left out the part where Czar is jockey-sized, and had nowhere to put the booze mean old Dean was "forcing" down him. ;)

BoogercountySooner
4/13/2006, 01:59 PM

Pffftt :D

Howzit
4/13/2006, 02:01 PM
Pffftt :D

What we need is a SO drink-off.

Let's see the brackets on THAT ****.

IB4OU2
4/13/2006, 02:02 PM
Long story short:

Czar had a couple shots with Dean. Problem is, they were Dean shots. You know it's gonna be a long day when you're using 16-ounce shot glasses. Of course my body/liver is a highly-trained athlete used to subjecting itself to this type of workout. Czar's? Not so much.

So, after they left, I had a couple more shots, packed up the RV, and drove it home. Then I fed the cows. Then I warmed up some supper that momma left for me, then I watched TV, then I went to bed.

Light weights..........:rolleyes:

Czar Soonerov
4/13/2006, 04:40 PM
Crown Royal makes me sick. Oh, the Dean sized shots prolly didn't help the situation.

C&CDean
4/13/2006, 04:43 PM
OK. Next tailgate we'll drink Irish whisky.

bri
4/13/2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah, THAT'LL help...:D

IB4OU2
4/13/2006, 04:44 PM
OK. Next tailgate we'll drink Irish whisky.

In! Bushmills is good stuff...

C&CDean
4/13/2006, 04:44 PM
Well at least the post-puke burps will taste shamrocky.

BoogercountySooner
4/13/2006, 04:45 PM
Huh!

slickdawg
4/13/2006, 04:46 PM
VK, is he mumbling anything in his sleep, like

I KAN'T KWIT EWE!