PDA

View Full Version : Airport Security RMFO

Sooner in Tampa
4/13/2006, 07:24 AM
Stupid f'in dip****s...WTH happen to using a little common sense???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

April 13, 2006 -- MINNEAPOLIS - A Marine reservist returning home after eight months in Iraq was told he couldn't board a plane home to Minneapolis because his name appeared on a terrorist watch list.

Staff Sgt. Daniel Brown, who was in uniform and with 26 other Marine reservists, was delayed briefly in Los Angeles Tuesday until the issue was cleared up.

OUDoc
4/13/2006, 08:15 AM
Well, he has been out of the country in a known terrorist hotbed for an extended amount of time. He's asking for it. :rolleyes:

Sooner_Bob
4/13/2006, 09:35 AM
Lists don't lie . . . we couldn't live without lists. :P

sooner n houston
4/13/2006, 09:45 AM
Where is list-eater when you need her!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/13/2006, 09:46 AM
Since when is Dan Brown a terrorist name?

Sooner in Tampa
4/13/2006, 09:49 AM
http://img7.exs.cx/img7/6385/TP_eater.jpg

Cam
4/13/2006, 08:04 PM
My wife has some cousins with the last name of Brown. Two of them are a watch list. Both of them have very common names. They've been trying to get off the list for quite some time now.

sooneron
4/13/2006, 08:07 PM
Richard Reid?

Not that I'm saying a Marine with other Marines should be detained.

Ike
4/13/2006, 08:37 PM

since he wrote "Angels & Demons"??

Sooner_Bob
4/13/2006, 09:04 PM
since he wrote "Angels & Demons"??

Robert Langdon is so gonna get you.

usmc-sooner
4/13/2006, 10:19 PM
well I've went through the so called TSA security and it is a freakin joke. They rank below Boarder Patrol

Jimminy Crimson
4/13/2006, 11:50 PM
They rank below Boarder Patrol

:lwm: or the dudes that keep a lookout between the US and Mexico?

SicEmBaylor
4/14/2006, 02:38 AM
I have several TSA stories.

First, I was flying from Austin to Tulsa last year and there was this Muslim cleric in front of me going through security. The guy had on robes, that traditional prayer hat, and a copy of the Koran in his hands and was mumbling prayers to himself like "Allah is great" (he did this in English).

So this guy goes through security and they barely give him a passing glance, but when I go through they single me out for one of those random in-depth security checks. Fun.

Then the other day I'm picking a friend of mine up at the airport and as I'm waiting at the exit there is this little old black man standing next to me. Well, the passengers are going through the exit at security and I see this poor little old black woman who could barely walk shuffling her way toward the exit. The black man, who is presumably her husband, starts walking toward that line you're not suppose to cross so he can grab her arm and help her walk. Well TSA sees this and like 4 of their agents pounce on this poor guy and start yelling that he is NOT allowed to cross that line.

Well for God's sake there were 4 agents standing there and they could clearly see he was just trying to help his poor wife yet they made the woman shuffle all the way upto that line before they'd let her husband help her.

Yeah, I feel really safe.

Newbomb Turk
4/14/2006, 07:56 AM
Stupid f'in dip****s...WTH happen to using a little common sense???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

umm...HELLO!....it's a Federal Govenment Agency.

Sooner in Tampa
4/14/2006, 08:04 AM
umm...HELLO!....it's a Federal Govenment Agency.True...I guess I lost my head for a minute.

Hey, wait a minute...the Federal Government pays my salary :O

sanantoniosooner
4/14/2006, 08:09 AM
My kid got singled out for a full search when he was 5 years old.

Profiling is hard on some people.

OUDoc
4/14/2006, 08:18 AM

If he'd shaved his beard, it wouldn't have come to that.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/14/2006, 09:41 AM
well I've went through the so called TSA security and it is a freakin joke. They rank below Boarder Patrol

How did you do that and can we look at it, or is that something you got to do in you position?

Newbomb Turk
4/14/2006, 09:43 AM

mine too - indirectly.

TheHumanAlphabet
4/14/2006, 09:43 AM
True...I guess I lost my head for a minute.

Sorry, as a former Fed Gov employee. The day they Federalized security screeners is the day they guaranteed something would get through and happen!

TheHumanAlphabet
4/14/2006, 09:46 AM

Profiling is hard on some people.

Problem, the ACLU has made it so we can't find anything. I am sorry, no one flying airplanes into things had names like Dan Brown and were old or children. Hello! If the data you have shows a particular group more likely than not to commit a crime, how is that "profiling"?