PDA

View Full Version : Heartland Flyer

okienole3
4/12/2006, 09:06 PM
Has anyone taken this? I am thinking about taking it to Norman tomorrow. My only problem is that I don't want to drive to Ft. Worth. How can I get from Dallas to Ft. Worth on the DART/FART? Is there a way and how long will it take. Thanks.

Jimminy Crimson
4/12/2006, 10:47 PM
http://www.trinityrailwayexpress.org/

CHOO-CHOO!

mdklatt
4/12/2006, 11:05 PM
Has anyone taken this? I am thinking about taking it to Norman tomorrow.

I've taken the Heartland Flyer to Fort Worth twice, but have never made the return trip. The southbound trip takes about 4 hours. That Intermodal Transport Center thingy didn't exist when I took the train, so I don't know anything about taking TRE.

Norm In Norman
4/13/2006, 07:33 AM
I like it a lot. If it wasn't for the time thing, the train is way better than a plane. Next time I go to san antonio, I think I'm going to take the train the whole way.

In fact, my son is going on a field trip on the train today. They are going from norman to pauls valley.

jk the sooner fan
4/13/2006, 07:52 AM
i'm looking at using this to get jk3 from OKC to here....one way to fort worth is 29 bucks..thats not bad, about what i spend on gas just going up that way

Okla-homey
4/13/2006, 08:15 AM
I like it a lot. If it wasn't for the time thing, the train is way better than a plane. Next time I go to san antonio, I think I'm going to take the train the whole way.

In fact, my son is going on a field trip on the train today. They are going from norman to pauls valley.

What? PV? sheesh. they should continue to the cultural Mecca and pearl of the Arbuckles which is Ardmore.

Sooner_Bob
4/13/2006, 09:08 AM
What? PV? sheesh. they should continue to the cultural Mecca and pearl of the Arbuckles which is Ardmore.

I don't think they have all day . . . :P

Norm In Norman
4/13/2006, 09:46 AM
Yeah, they don't. They are just leaving, stopping off at PV, eating, then taking the bus back. I bet ardmore takes about 2 hours to get there. That would be cutting it close.

FaninAma
4/13/2006, 09:54 AM
I always thought it would be cool to get a load of Sooner fans to take the train to Ft. Worth/Dallas on the Friday before the OU-Texas game. Thanks to the whorns it looks like this plan will not pan out.