PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone provide an OU football depth chart?

lexsooner
4/12/2006, 08:37 PM
I have not seen an updated one anywhere. I was especially curious about the defensive backfield, line, and and offensive line.

TJKDone
4/12/2006, 09:32 PM
I thought Stoops and Co. didn't name depth charts in the spring to promote competition in the Fall.

Hook'em

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/14/2006, 10:05 AM
I thought Stoops and Co. didn't name depth charts in the spring to promote competition in the Fall.

Hook'em

thank you for your invaluable contribution. feel free to leave anytime.:mack: Hook 'em

MojoRisen
4/14/2006, 10:47 AM
DB's- Toss Up- Keenon Clayton and Nic Harris are the future- Darren Williams and Jason Carter have more experience- I believe all 4 will play and Darren Williams and Jason Carter will get the early Nod- Nic Harris could bump Williams you can't keep those guys on the bench for much longer they are too talented- they cut down on mistakes and they will start mid season Keenon and Nic.

Corners: Reggie Smith and DJ Wolf- Back ups and different rotations - Brian Jackson, Lendy Holmes and Marcus Walker if healthy- Lendy and Brian are going to be solid- Walker is good- there will be a lot of competition here in the fall as well.

LineBackers: Rufus, Lattimer & Demario Pleasant/Ryan Reynolds- Lamont and Lofton will play- the Juco transfer we will see- Lewis Baker even though small laid some wood at the Red/White game- I think he can hold his own like Niel Diggs from Ohio St.

Dline: You will have a rotation here- 2 deep, Pendelton, Bennet , "Billy B looked good" , Granger , Mccoy and Cedero- Starters?? Pendelton, Bennet and Granger- they all will play.

Oline: I think Sherron Moore will start by fall, Moore, Walker, Duke, Cooper, Braxton?? is plausible- although you have to think that Messner and Quin should start as well- Too me I think we are actually 2 deep on the online and as long as they are working well together- we should be pretty good!

MojoRisen
4/14/2006, 10:52 AM
DE-s Enough Said- 3 Deep- should go all out every play - Tibbs and CJ and Birdine are as good as it gets- they are really good- We have like 3 other guys that can step up big- Davis, Williams- I am sure I forgot someone-

KC//CRIMSON
4/14/2006, 10:54 AM
paging jkm, pick up the white courtesy phone.

Rhino
4/14/2006, 11:17 AM
With the improved play of Wolfe and the emergence of Smith and Holmes at corner, there's talk that Walker might be moved to safety next year in an attempt to get him on the field.

NickZeppelin
4/14/2006, 11:43 AM
Of the guys that are on campus right now only.
QB-Bomar, Halzle, McEachren(sp?)
RB-Peterson, Patrick
FB-Clapp/Zaslaw
WR-Kelly, Iglaseas, Chaney, and Johnson
TE-JJ Finley, Cummings, I'm forgetting someone
OT-Messner, Moore, Braxton
OG-Robinson, Quinn, Roark or Baressi
C-Cooper, Roark
DE-Birdine/Ah You/Thibs, Williams
DT-Pendelton, Bennett, Granger, Blackard, C. Moore
LB-Rufus, Latimer, Pleasant/Reynolds, Lofton, Robinson, Baker
CB-Reggie, Wolfe, Walker, Jackson, Holmes
S-Williams, J. Carter, Harris, Clayton, Q. Carter

K-Hartley
P-Knall

KR-Smith, Holmes/Patrick/anyone else I'm forgetting
PR-Smith hopefully.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/14/2006, 12:08 PM
With the improved play of Wolfe and the emergence of Smith and Holmes at corner, there's talk that Walker might be moved to safety next year in an attempt to get him on the field.

talk about a total 180 in concepts. we finally get a mike stoops type corner in here and BJW moves him to safety ;).

MiccoMacey
4/14/2006, 12:19 PM

I don't know if I'm ready to believe that Wolfe or Holmes is really better than Walker.

If BJW says so, then I'll go with the expert.

But I watched Marcus in HS. And the opposing team (Belton or Georgetown...or maybe both. I got to watch him a few times his junior and senior years) refused to throw to his side of the field. Heck, they refused to run to his side of the field.

That's when I knew he was one Chuck Norris-type bad dude.