PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN

TopDawg
4/12/2006, 03:45 PM
I'm a fan. I like Joe Morgan and I like the other dude.

I've been a fan for a while, but this season it's better. In fact, most things about baseball are better for me this year. Don't know why, they just are. And watching it in HD just makes it that much more betterer.

I think I may've started a thread like this before, but I couldn't get the search thing to work so I just started another one.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 05:02 PM
you should check out firejoemorgan.blogspot.com

Joe Morgan is part of ESPN's dumbing down of baseball coverage. If ESPN cared we would get more Kurkijan and less Morgan and Phillips.

Scott D
4/12/2006, 06:02 PM
Phillips isn't so bad....Steve Stone on the other hand.........

Jon Miller has been greatness going back to his pairing with John Loweinstein in Baltimore 20 years ago.

TopDawg
4/12/2006, 08:36 PM
Does Kurkijan do games from the booth? I hadn't noticed, but it's not usually something I pay a lot of attention to.

But I do like Morgan. That's not to say he's great or doesn't have forehead-smacking moments, but I like him. Especially when teamed with Miller. I think they make a good team.

But maybe it's mostly Miller. Now that I see all this Morgan bad-talk, I'll have to start listening more closely to see if Miller is carrying the show.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 10:09 PM
Does Kurkijan do games from the booth? I hadn't noticed, but it's not usually something I pay a lot of attention to.

But I do like Morgan. That's not to say he's great or doesn't have forehead-smacking moments, but I like him. Especially when teamed with Miller. I think they make a good team.

But maybe it's mostly Miller. Now that I see all this Morgan bad-talk, I'll have to start listening more closely to see if Miller is carrying the show.
Morgan is a nightmare for people who believe in statistical analysis, he's almost as bad a Tim McCarver

AllAboutThe'O'
4/12/2006, 11:40 PM
No, it's Peter Gammons. And he's not actually in the booth, he's roaming all over the park, usually sitting behind home plate, when Jon and Joe go to him for commentary.
And I'll say it before and I'll say it again. Doesn't matter if it's Sam Ryan, Erin Andrews or Gary Miller, sideline reporters don't work in baseball. Football, yeah. Basketball, sure. Baseball, nope.

royalfan5
4/13/2006, 08:51 AM
No, it's Peter Gammons. And he's not actually in the booth, he's roaming all over the park, usually sitting behind home plate, when Jon and Joe go to him for commentary.
And I'll say it before and I'll say it again. Doesn't matter if it's Sam Ryan, Erin Andrews or Gary Miller, sideline reporters don't work in baseball. Football, yeah. Basketball, sure. Baseball, nope.
I agree, there is enough time to kill in baseball you can figure out what's going on. You don't need a hot chick to tell you a lefthander is warming up in the bullpen, when you can see said lefthander warming up in the bullpen.

GDC
4/13/2006, 10:40 AM
Jon Miller yes, Joe Morgan no

TopDawg
4/13/2006, 12:53 PM
Morgan is a nightmare for people who believe in statistical analysis, he's almost as bad a Tim McCarver

Hmmm...this is weird, cuz I'm a guy who loves stats.

I'm gonna have to try to figure out what it is about Morgan that I like.

Scott D
4/13/2006, 01:25 PM

this is a physical impossibility....not even Ralph Kiner was as bad as Tim McCarver and Kiner was horrid.