PDA

View Full Version : DeCourcy's Article on Texas

soonersin07
4/12/2006, 01:54 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=81936

"Coaching the Texas Longhorns is the best job in college basketball."
I've heard alot of stupid sportwriters say alot of stupid things, but this rates right up there with the all-time dumbest- and I normally like his views. I see his point, but he took it way too far.

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 02:09 PM
I do agree with the general theory that coaching basketball at football schools is a great gig. Lots of money to work with and not as many basketball crazies second guessing you. But, I think DeCourey underestimates how incompetent co-workers (Mack Brown) hurt morale in the office.Hook 'em

soonersin07
4/12/2006, 02:28 PM
I'd still take fan support and maybe some criticism over indifference. A legitimate national championship contender that sold out 2 games.

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 02:40 PM
They'll be legitimate national title contenders when they start showing up every night.Hook 'em

Kelvin Sampson
4/12/2006, 03:13 PM
Lets see here...

- you got some of the best facilities in the nation
- 1.9 million$ salary
- you're in one of richest recruiting states.
- you're in austin, texas.

Kelvin Sampson
4/12/2006, 03:13 PM
am I really banned? if so, you guys ban faster than texags.

edit : not banned! yay!

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 03:21 PM
Lets see here...

- you got some of the best facilities in the nation
- 1.9 million$ salary
- you're in one of richest recruiting states.
- you're in austin, texas.

And you get to wear ugly orange ties.Hook 'em

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 03:21 PM
I do agree with the general theory that coaching basketball at football schools is a great gig. Lots of money to work with and not as many basketball crazies second guessing you. But, I think DeCourey underestimates how incompetent co-workers (Mack Brown) hurt morale in the office.Hook 'em

Yeah I generally agree with DeCourcey's points and agree with him in general more often than not. Bear in mind though coaches at Hook 'em have to looks out for snipers from time to time.

Kelvin Sampson
4/12/2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah I generally agree with DeCourcey's points and agree with him in general more often than not. Bear in mind though coaches at Hook 'em have to looks out for snipers from time to time.

that's very classy. i should make jokes about the suicide bomber now.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 03:41 PM
that's very classy. i should make jokes about the suicide bomber now.

So is using a handle of Kelvin Sampson if you are a whorn troll. Keep you head down.

Stanley1
4/12/2006, 03:43 PM
A horn using Sampson's name as a troll. Funny, since, you know, he owned them until the last two years or so. OWNED!!!!!

King Crimson
4/12/2006, 03:45 PM

and fringey jackets.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 03:47 PM
A horn using Sampson's name as a troll. Funny, since, you know, he owned them until the last two years or so. OWNED!!!!!

Actually PWNED them until the last game would be most accurate since he won the 3 games before that.

Harry Beanbag
4/12/2006, 03:50 PM
Kind of makes you wonder why they sucked the big one for the first 100+ years of the program. :rolleyes:

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 04:15 PM
Kind of makes you wonder why they sucked the big one for the first 100+ years of the program. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't remember too many Tom Penders Final Four runs.

SoonerShark
4/12/2006, 04:43 PM

It is easy to be a coach or an athlete in Austin since there are no educational qualifications to get into UT. Otherwise, how did Vince Young get into school there? VY's grammar is atrocious after 7 semesters at UT.

Kelvin Sampson
4/12/2006, 04:47 PM
OU pulling academic smack against UT....

Dio
4/12/2006, 04:53 PM

I think I hear the ratty paper bag labeled "Tier 1 Smack" being opened. You might want to check some recent NCAA graduation rates first, TFKS

Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

Kelvin Sampson
4/12/2006, 05:13 PM
graduation rate smack?

why dont we just keep this to what happens on the field/court ?

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 05:17 PM
graduation rate smack?

why dont we just keep this to what happens on the field/court ?

This coming from someone who calls himself Kelvin.

Half a Hundred
4/12/2006, 05:30 PM
:les: BANE CALVIN SIMPSON!!!

David Earl
4/12/2006, 05:34 PM
WTG Phil! He dropped domesticated yard yappers on the dude.

TJKDone
4/12/2006, 09:30 PM
There is no end to our good fortune:D

This is the greatest offseason in quite some time:D

Hook'em

Skysooner
4/12/2006, 10:33 PM
I remember winning a regional fellowship against applicants from both UT and Texas A&M. I was the only OU applicant in a field of 25, and I won. The only UT grad I ever worked with was fired for being an arrogant SOB who couldn't do jack s***. Yeah, let's hire us a UT grad. Maybe keep him off of welfare.

stoopified
4/13/2006, 12:42 AM
It is 1242 am and UT still sucks.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/13/2006, 08:18 AM
why dont we just keep this to what happens on the shooting range?

Kevlar might have a point there.

SleestakSooner
4/14/2006, 03:24 AM

ROFL that's like trying to walk your pram through Cabrini Green... which is only slighlty less frightening than driving slowly with your windows down through Waco sans fire retardant gear and bullet proof vest!