PDA

View Full Version : Season 2

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 01:38 PM
Okay, I bought Lost Season 1 and about finished it (accidentally skipped disc 3 and yet to watch "The Making of"). My choices are to wait until Season 2 comes out on DVD, or try to "find" those episodes. I went back over Norm's bit torrent thread, and don't know if I be smart enuff to do that. What would your guys' choices be? How many episodes of season 2 have I missed?

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 01:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lost_episodes

You've missed 19 episodes of Season 2.

As long as you can figure out how to get the torrent progarm (azureus) to work right through your firewall, it's not that hard. THe program downloads the episiode and puts it in a folder as a movie file.

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 01:46 PM
You've missed 19 episodes of Season 2.

Wow. I thought I'd missed 5 or 6. I might try your suggestion. I wonder when the whole set will be released?

SoonerWood
4/12/2006, 01:49 PM
Yeah I'd wait for the DVD release. Heck....I've seen all of season two and I'm thinking of stopping at this point to wait for the DVD's myself. In fact, I may just wait til the final season and watch the last one and be done with it. :D

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 01:55 PM
Wow. I thought I'd missed 5 or 6. I might try your suggestion. I wonder when the whole set will be released?

Season 1 was released on September 6, 2005, 2 weeks before Season 2 started. I imagine the second one will be on the same time table.

yermom
4/12/2006, 01:58 PM
you have a router or something, is that the problem?

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 02:00 PM
you have a router or something, is that the problem?
I've never tried it. Looking at Norm's old thread made it look like people were having difficulty if they'd never used torrent software before (like me). I may try tonight anyway.

OhU1
4/12/2006, 02:04 PM
I've forgot to turn on the telly for 2 episodes this year. I was able to get them off bit torrents fortunately. Trying to get more than a few episodes would be a major hassle IMO. I doubt there are very many people uploading the old episodes so it would take a long time to get them.

I didn't start watching Lost until this year. I watched the first episode this season and was hooked. I basically was trying to figure it out as I went along this year.

I bought the first season on DVD last month. It was $38, a hell of a lot of entertainment value for the $. I am considering simply buying the DVD of shows I like in the future instead of bothering to tune in on TV or set a recorder: you get all episodes, no commercials, get to watch whenever you feel like it. I'm not into that many shows so this could work for me.

yermom
4/12/2006, 02:04 PM
i had to set up port forwarding on my router, installing the BitTorrent client isn't very tough at all

the port forwarding thing is a little trickier

i had to get one of the episodes from tvtorrents because TiVo clipped it or something and i didn't catch the last 5 minutes on one of the extended episodes... they had it up there that night like 1.5 hours after it aired without commercials

Norm In Norman
4/12/2006, 02:55 PM
Step 1: Download Azureus (http://azureus.sourceforge.net/) and install it
Step 2: Sign up on TV Torrents (http://www.tvtorrents.com/)
Step 3: Go to the Lost page on there. I haven't looked, but there is USUALLY a torrent for the whole season out there
Step 4: Download the torrent file to your desktop
Step 5: Double click on the file
Step 6: Select the location you want your files to go
Step 7: Wait several hours/days until it's finished

Depending on your router setup, that's all there is to it. If your router/firewall isn't set up to allow this, it may take a bit of troubleshooting to get it to work.

SoonerWood
4/12/2006, 02:56 PM
What size collet do I need on my router for that to D/L faster?

yermom
4/12/2006, 03:12 PM
3 Mbit

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/12/2006, 03:27 PM
Where do you live doc? I've got all of season 2 on my computer.

With the exception of episode 4 (which I bought on iTunes) you can have them if you want.

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 03:51 PM
Where do you live doc? I've got all of season 2 on my computer.

With the exception of episode 4 (which I bought on iTunes) you can have them if you want.
NW Oklahoma City

Beano's Fourth Chin
4/12/2006, 04:25 PM
NW Oklahoma City

PM me your addy and I'll mail you a disk.

I guess it doesn't really matter where you live if I'm going to mail it does it?

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 07:53 PM
I'm trying this anyway. Apparently it's loading at a speed that rivals a 2400 baud modem. The firewall must be messing with it. :(

Norm In Norman
4/13/2006, 07:28 AM
I'm trying this anyway. Apparently it's loading at a speed that rivals a 2400 baud modem. The firewall must be messing with it. :(
It all depends on who is sharing the files at the time you are downloading. With something big like that, it may take a couple of days.

OUDoc
4/13/2006, 07:59 AM
It all depends on who is sharing the files at the time you are downloading. With something big like that, it may take a couple of days.
Since it was my first time, I only tried to download one episode (a small 350meg'er at that). Azureus kept saying something about being firewalled and the little smilie stayed yellow, but it was downloading. It kept changing the estimated time to anywhere from 7 hours to 17 days! At one point it was downloading at 500 bytes(not kb)/sec. Unless I figure out the firewall, I might just have to rely on Beano to pull through for me.
Thanks for everyone's help.

OU Adonis
4/13/2006, 08:26 AM
PM me your addy and I'll mail you a disk.

I guess it doesn't really matter where you live if I'm going to mail it does it?

Actually it does matter where he lives. If you don't mail it to the right address, it will never get to him.

Your welcome.

Norm In Norman
4/13/2006, 09:42 AM
Just think though, if you get it solved you won't have to do that again AND you can download whatever you want.