PDA

View Full Version : So Tom Osborne has started campaigning on his football record

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 11:16 AM
I heard my first ad on the radio today touting Osborne as a qualified to be governor because he was a good football coach. I wish people would remember that a football coach is a dictator while a governor, espiecially of Nebraska(with our legislators) is far from it. I threw up in my mouth a little. I really want Osborne to be caught with a pound of meth, an illgeal handgun, and Lawrence Phillips in the trunk of a stolen car.

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 11:17 AM
He could get caught in the sack with Natalie Maines and have the same affect.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 11:20 AM
He could get caught in the sack with Natalie Maines and have the same affect.
Nebraska is okay with our Governors nailing liberal entertainers. Bob Kerry used to nail Debra Winger in the Govenor's mansion, and scientific polling indicated that the state approved.

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 11:29 AM
IMO being a Head FB coach at the D1 level is as much about being a politician as it is about Xs and Os.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 11:34 AM
IMO being a Head FB coach at the D1 level is as much about being a politician as it is about Xs and Os.
To an extent, running Nebraska football is a much much different animal than running Nebraska.

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 11:36 AM
To an extent, running Nebraska football is a much much different animal than running Nebraska.

Sure but so is running a medical office, law office or anything else. Unless he's running against a former Governor then I'd say that his experience running the NU football program is more revelant than his opponents' experiences.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 11:37 AM
Sure but so is running a medical office, law office or anything else. Unless he's running against a former Governor then I'd say that his experience running the NU football program is more revelant than his opponents' experiences.
He's running against an very able incumbent govenor.

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 11:38 AM
well then.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 11:39 AM
he has spent some time in congress hasnt he? he does have a PhD....i'd venture a guess he's not your average "football coach"

i'd also offer that governorships are akin to that head coaching job....surround yourself with good asst coaches and coordinators and you'll be ok

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 11:41 AM
he has spent some time in congress hasnt he? he does have a PhD....i'd venture a guess he's not your average "football coach"

i'd also offer that governorships are akin to that head coaching job....surround yourself with good asst coaches and coordinators and you'll be ok
He has spent time in congress, voting for more spending and more nanny state government. Plus, he is anti-local control of schools which doesn't fly very far in Nebraska.

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 11:47 AM
Nebraska is okay with our Governors nailing liberal entertainers. Bob Kerry used to nail Debra Winger in the Govenor's mansion, and scientific polling indicated that the state approved.

But at one point, Florida football fans preferred football over sex.

:confused:

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 11:50 AM
But at one point, Florida football fans preferred football over sex.

:confused:
Good for Florida fans:confused:

JPNSKER
4/12/2006, 01:13 PM
I threw up in my mouth a little. I really want Osborne to be caught with a pound of meth, an illgeal handgun, and Lawrence Phillips in the trunk of a stolen car.

royal, I'll buy you a six pack if you post this on HP....;)

I agree about using his coach status to run for Gov. We all know he's a decent, God fearing man, but that doesn't prove he has what it takes to be Gov.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 01:21 PM
royal, I'll buy you a six pack if you post this on HP....;)

I agree about using his coach status to run for Gov. We all know he's a decent, God fearing man, but that doesn't prove he has what it takes to be Gov.
I posted similar in the past. There was a fun thread when I talked about Osborne renting a bar for a college party. I ruffled some feathers on that one.

JPNSKER
4/12/2006, 01:25 PM
I posted similar in the past. There was a fun thread when I talked about Osborne renting a bar for a college party. I ruffled some feathers on that one.

Heh. Osborne and a party? Oh, the horror!!!!:D

Some people take him a little too seriously.......

BeetDigger
4/12/2006, 03:37 PM
He has spent time in congress, voting for more spending and more nanny state government. Plus, he is anti-local control of schools which doesn't fly very far in Nebraska.

Which means you don't approve of him, regardless of his background.

Peronally, I agree with JK and think that he has quals for being gov. People have run and won on far less credentials.

If you don't vote for him, it sounds like it's due more to his political stance than his capabilties.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 03:54 PM
Which means you don't approve of him, regardless of his background.

Peronally, I agree with JK and think that he has quals for being gov. People have run and won on far less credentials.

If you don't vote for him, it sounds like it's due more to his political stance than his capabilties.But to run on "I'm a good football" coach instead of actual issues is a slap in the face to democracy. My quibble is with him not addressing issues with his ads.

BeetDigger
4/12/2006, 04:32 PM
But to run on "I'm a good football" coach instead of actual issues is a slap in the face to democracy. My quibble is with him not addressing issues with his ads.

At least he isn't saying "my opponents momma wears combat boots" like so many politicians do during campaign elections.

royalfan5
4/12/2006, 04:36 PM
At least he isn't saying "my opponents momma wears combat boots" like so many politicians do during campaign elections.
He will eventually, that's the way the Republican primary works in Nebraska.

IronSooner
4/12/2006, 04:47 PM
But to run on "I'm a good football" coach instead of actual issues is a slap in the face to democracy. My quibble is with him not addressing issues with his ads.

I'm with you on that, but as others have noted, nobody else really runs on issues either. The standard issue is who sucks. Running on the issues, in the view of parties, consists of merely stating in as clear a way as possible, that the other guy sucks.