PDA

View Full Version : Kellie Dawn Pickler

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 08:47 AM
Simon Cowell: "on paper that should've been horrible"

Kellie Pickler: "ON PAPER?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!"

Thank God she's hawt.
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/8351/kp13at.png (http://imageshack.us)

GDC
4/12/2006, 08:52 AM
Freddie Mercury and Brian May have more talent in their pinkies than every bozo that's ever been on that show combined, including the judges and host.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 08:55 AM
randy jackson has a LONG distinguished career in the "biz".....

outside of that, i would agree, but how easy a call to make is that? a highly successful rock band vs. a bunch of wanna be's....

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 08:57 AM
Freddie Mercury and Brian May have more talent in their pinkies than every bozo that's ever been on that show combined, including the judges and host.
My wife loves this show for whatever reason, and I'll usually watch it with her (fair trade I guess, I watch American Idol with her for 2 hours a week, then I get all the football I can stand every Saturday during the fall with no complaints), but last night about killed me. They shouldn't have a Queen night on American Idol. For one, Queen is so far above shows like this it should be unthinkable to have them on American Idol, and 2, how in the hell does anyone on that show think they can actually pull of covering Freddie Mercury? Worst hour of television EVAR!

GDC
4/12/2006, 09:00 AM
randy jackson has a LONG distinguished career in the "biz".....

From his bio...

He has also recorded, produced, or toured with many well-known artists and bands, ranging from Mariah Carey (whom he knew when she was still a teenager; he was in her band at Live 8 in London in 2005) to *NSYNC, Céline Dion, Bruce Springsteen and Madonna.

Like I said:rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 09:03 AM
they omitted alot of the bands he's played and toured with.......journey comes to mind immediately....he's been in the music business a very long time

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 09:06 AM
they omitted alot of the bands he's played and toured with.......journey comes to mind immediately....he's been in the music business a very long time

No, he just left out everything above that in his wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Jackson#Music_career

One big break of his was that he played bass for violin virtuoso Jean-Luc Ponty as well as playing bass in the band Journey for a period in the 1980s. He was a highly regarded session player in Los Angeles during the 1980s. His credits are far too many to note, but range from playing with Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown, Billy Cobham, Herbie Hancock, Richard Marx, Billy Joel, Bob Dylan to playing at the Grand Ole Opry with The Charlie Daniels Band.
His production/songwriting work in the San Francisco Bay area with Narada Michael Walden and Walter Afanasieff led Radny to be quite in demand as a producer himself. While in the Bay area Randy played in Bands with Carlos Santana and Jerry Garcia. He moved to Italy in the late 1980s and produced a record for Italian popstar Zucchero. The record 'Zucchero and the Randy Jackson Band' produced one of Zucchero's biggest hit

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/Randy_Jackson.jpg/180px-Randy_Jackson.jpg

Oh, and Queen kicks ***.

GDC
4/12/2006, 09:06 AM
My wife loves this show for whatever reason, and I'll usually watch it with her (fair trade I guess, I watch American Idol with her for 2 hours a week, then I get all the football I can stand every Saturday during the fall with no complaints), but last night about killed me. They shouldn't have a Queen night on American Idol. For one, Queen is so far above shows like this it should be unthinkable to have them on American Idol, and 2, how in the hell does anyone on that show think they can actually pull of covering Freddie Mercury? Worst hour of television EVAR!

Agreed. Queen is one of the great bands of all time, Roger Taylor and Brian May need to quit slumming.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 09:07 AM
omitting facts is always an impressive way to make a point....

slickdawg
She still has a pron star name.

Mjcpr
Agreed. Queen is one of the great bands of all time, Roger Taylor and Brian May need to quit slumming.

These things happen when you're still touring without the main talent of the band and you're 20 years past your prime.

:D

GDC
4/12/2006, 09:10 AM
No, he just left out everything above that in his wikipedia:

Celine Dion, NSYNC, and Madonna more than negate anything else he ever did.

GDC
4/12/2006, 09:11 AM

see above

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 09:11 AM
right....

GDC
4/12/2006, 09:13 AM
gdc 1, whorn loving lunch clique 0

JohnnyMack
4/12/2006, 09:15 AM

Around here we call that Tuba-logic.

caphorns
4/12/2006, 09:17 AM
I've always wondered why a show with music as its focus would pick theme music that sounds like something from a Hispanic Variety TV hour. Seriously, that little snippet is horribly annoying.

What I find is that the show is dominated by expressive vocals that are on track and lack genuine creativity. There's talent there - people who are good vocal performers. But, this is pop genre, not rock genre. I'd rather listen to a rock song sung with moderate talent than one of these insipid pop tunes.

As for Freddie, he was a classically trained vocalist and one of the greatest rock singers - if not the greatest - of all f'n time. OF COURSE he was better than 100% of these people. But I'd seriously hate to see a person as creatively talented as Freddie subject himself to a TV vocals contest. It would be like seeing Barishnikov on "Dancing with the Stars". No thanks.

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 09:19 AM
Queen was good but they were no Air Supply. :dean:

caphorns
4/12/2006, 09:22 AM
Queen was good but they were no Air Supply. :dean:

Are you saying you are all out of love?

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 09:23 AM
I can make it out of nothing at all :D

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 09:29 AM
She still has a pron star name.
Maybe a backup career if the music thing doesn't work out?!

ultimatesooner1
4/12/2006, 09:32 AM
this thread cracks me up

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 09:36 AM
gdc 1, whorn loving lunch clique 0

:rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 09:54 AM
:rolleyes:

Good thing I'm like Stoops, I can just change the score at will.

GDC 0, Sane People 1

;)

GDC
4/12/2006, 09:59 AM
Good thing I'm like Stoops, I can just change the score at will.

GDC 0, Sane People 1

;)

Okay, I concede, Randy Jackson is better known, has sold more records, is more respected, has made more money, has had a longer career, and is infinitely more talented than Queen.

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 10:02 AM
did Tuba steal gdc's password?

gdc, buddy, I don't think anybody was saying that RJ was more talented, sold more records is more respected than FM was.

An argument can be made that RJ has banged more chicks than FM and that he smells better tham FM at this point in time.

GDC
4/12/2006, 10:05 AM
did Tuba steal gdc's password?

gdc, buddy, I don't think anybody was saying that RJ was more talented, sold more records is more respected than FM was.

An argument can be made that RJ has banged more chicks than FM and that he smells better tham FM at this point in time.

Colleyville and jk are trying their best to send me the way Thunder went, they're confrontational and contentious at every turn. It's part of a vast whorn/whorn-loving conspiracy I'm sure. Colleyville even threatened to shoot me in the head, or something like that.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 10:14 AM
Colleyville and jk are trying their best to send me the way Thunder went, they're confrontational and contentious at every turn. It's part of a vast whorn/whorn-loving conspiracy I'm sure. Colleyville even threatened to shoot me in the head, or something like that.

could you possibly play a bigger victim?

you whine and bitch about others being confrontational and contentious when you are the same

i agreed with your original post but simply stated that randy jackson has the credentials.....

then you went with your typical broken record crap...blah blah blah

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 10:23 AM
seriously, what about Air Supply? They RMFO!! :dean:

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 10:24 AM
seriously, what about Air Supply? They RMFO!! :dean:

i'm so lost without youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:25 AM

Dude, chill. Know one's trying to send you the way of Thunder. You contribute in your own, orange hate spewin', horn loathin' way. Thunder just tried to **** people off.

And the only person I threaten to kill around here is Stanley. Cause he deserves it. :D

Howzit
4/12/2006, 10:26 AM

Yes, and we all know that jk and colleyville REALLY run the show around here.

1stTimeCaller
CVS, we've moved on. We're talkin bout Air Supply now.

I know all the rules and I know how to break em and I always know the name of the game.

jk the sooner fan
finally somebody gets it.......

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:27 AM
Everyone take a bite:
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/4319.jpg

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:27 AM
CVS, we've moved on. We're talkin bout Air Supply now.

I know all the rules and I know how to break em and I always know the name of the game.

Right, sorry.

Beef
4/12/2006, 10:28 AM
Everyone take a bite:
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/4319.jpg
I'm not taking a bit after you creepy bastards.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 10:28 AM
hey CVS, now that you and I run the show around here.....what say we replace some of the mods with some new blood?

Howzit
4/12/2006, 10:29 AM
Is it a coincidence the that last initial in cvs and Air Supply is the same?

I think not.

BillyBall
4/12/2006, 10:30 AM
By the time I finished reading this thread, I completely forgot what the original topic was..... Well done, well done.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:31 AM
hey CVS, now that you and I run the show around here.....what say we replace some of the mods with some new blood?

Yeah, I say Lid is the new SO mod. From Husker' to Hook 'em

;)

Howzit
4/12/2006, 10:32 AM

;)

Lid can be the Yankee Candle Folder Mod.

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 10:33 AM
By the time I finished reading this thread, I completely forgot what the original topic was..... Well done, well done.
That's what I was thinking...I thought I started a thread about the dumb hawt blonde...

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:34 AM
Lid can be the Yankee Candle Folder Mod.

agreed.

Now somebody lock this thread please. It's served it purpose.

jk the sooner fan

;)

oooooooh good idea, lets seal the deal with him at lunch...

colleyvillesooner
That's what I was thinking...I thought I started a thread about the dumb hawt blonde...

Silly noob ;)

Howzit
agreed.

Now somebody lock this thread please. It's served it purpose.

You do it, Mr. around-here-string-puller.

NormanPride

It was about Stan and Chick, right?

GDC
4/12/2006, 10:39 AM
could you possibly play a bigger victim?

you whine and bitch about others being confrontational and contentious when you are the same

i agreed with your original post but simply stated that randy jackson has the credentials.....

then you went with your typical broken record crap...blah blah blah

I just like to stir the pot around here sometimes.

A friend of mine is 24 and has absolutely no concept of who Air Supply is. I wanted to see Chicago in Tulsa the other night but it's pointless without Peter Cetera.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:40 AM
You do it, Mr. around-here-string-puller.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2039/getimage6yj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 10:41 AM
what about that Jack Ingram fella? He's no Freddie Mercury but those clowns on AI aren't good enough to tune his guitars.

GDC
4/12/2006, 10:41 AM
oooooooh good idea, lets seal the deal with him at lunch...

That sounds perverted.

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 10:43 AM
That sounds perverted.

well it IS Lid we're talking about.....

jk the sooner fan
4/12/2006, 10:44 AM
i think the whole gist of American Idol is taking a whole bunch of nobodies with a little talent and giving them a shot

thats all it is......nobody has ever touted them as gods and goddesses to the music industry, so to say that they dont have the talent of Queen is a bit of a BFO (blinding flash of the obvious)

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:45 AM
i think the whole gist of American Idol is taking a whole bunch of nobodies with a little talent and giving them a shot

thats all it is......nobody has ever touted them as gods and goddesses to the music industry, so to say that they dont have the talent of Queen is a bit of a BFO (blinding flash of the obvious)

quit tryin to get back on topic. ;)

I agree

NormanPride
4/12/2006, 10:46 AM
From what I've heard (I stay away from bad music like the plague) this group is really talented, but really stupid. They seem to pick bad music choices, etc... Is this true?

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 10:47 AM
I'm just glad to see that people now understand that Randy Jackson
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Queen. Cuz we all know how many
SOLD OUT stadium concerts Randy has had, while Queen has never
done it.

Next up, Kellie Dawn Pickler makes her debut in the pron industry
in a new movie titled PICKLE INSPECTOR, also starring oumartin and
Al Gore.

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 10:47 AM
what did Simon mean 'On paper that would've sounded terrible' or whatever he said?

Howzit
4/12/2006, 10:49 AM
From what I've heard (I stay away from bad music like the plague) this group is really talented, but really stupid. They seem to pick bad music choices, etc... Is this true?

I think they are all taking bad advice from jk and colleyville.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:49 AM
what did Simon mean 'On paper that would've sounded terrible' or whatever he said?

He meant, looking at a piece of paper with Her name on it, singing that song, you would think it would be terrible.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 10:51 AM
:dean:Ya'll are all fags:dean:

GDC
4/12/2006, 10:51 AM
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~choh/qdrag.jpg

GDC
4/12/2006, 10:53 AM
Beef loves me, this much I know.

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 10:58 AM
She sang Bohemian Rhapsody (which I think should be baned from this show) and he though it would be a horrible performance (which I still think all of last night was)...Then after the performance he thought she did very well on the song...Therefore looking at the song choice, he thought it was bad...

I'm telling you all of this assuming you are being serious (I know that's a big assumption on this board...) ;)

Beef
4/12/2006, 11:00 AM
Beef loves me, this much I know.
Yes I do. And I love Queen.

NormanPride
4/12/2006, 11:03 AM
Yes I do. And I love queens.

Coincidence?

;)

GDC
4/12/2006, 12:23 PM
This thread netted me a couple 100K in spek, wow.:twinkies: :chicken: :meat: :oink: Hook 'em :D

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 12:44 PM
This thread netted me a couple 100K in spek, wow.:twinkies: :chicken: :meat: :oink: Hook 'em :D
Glad I could help ;) I posted a pic of a hot blonde and got nuthin :mack:

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 12:49 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gdc again.

caphorns
4/12/2006, 12:59 PM

I think he meant to say that Russell Hitchcock and Graham Russell would have done much better. That or maybe she should have picked a Toto song.

IB4OU2
4/12/2006, 01:01 PM
Yes I do. And I love Queens.

From Chinese tacos to the Dallas clique........;)

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 01:01 PM
I'm just glad to see that people now understand that Randy Jackson
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Queen. Cuz we all know how many
SOLD OUT stadium concerts Randy has had, while Queen has never
done it.

Next up, Kellie Dawn Pickler makes her debut in the pron industry
in a new movie titled PICKLE INSPECTOR, also starring oumartin and
Al Gore.

I thought this was pretty damned funny. no comments?

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 01:08 PM
I don't get it.

olevetonahill
4/12/2006, 01:52 PM
Id let her Pickle my cucumber ;)

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 01:53 PM

That sounds like a Beavis and Butthead pickup line

uhhh, hey baby, you wanna pickle my cucumber, heh heh heh

heh, he said 'cucumber', heh heh heh heh heh

Scott D
4/12/2006, 03:22 PM

you might be more impressive if you talked her into letting your saLmon swim upstream ;)

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 03:24 PM
Nothing could be finer than to be in her vagi*a in the morning
Nothing could be sweeter than to have her on my pet*r in the morning.......

StoopTroup
4/12/2006, 03:37 PM
I can't believe you all have overlooked the greatest of all time....

http://www.doney.net/aroundaz/celebrity/DA_esteban.jpg

GottaHavePride
4/12/2006, 04:19 PM
Is it too late for a "Randy Watson? That boy good!" joke?

1stTimeCaller
4/12/2006, 04:22 PM
you know him as Joe the Policeman on the What's Goin Down episode of That's My Momma.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 04:22 PM
Nothing could be finer than to be in her vagi*a in the morning
Nothing could be sweeter than to have her on my pet*r in the morning.......

Have a good vacation.

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 04:26 PM
Aw, it's not that bad.

is it?

Veritas
4/12/2006, 04:29 PM
Sh*t it brought me out from under the rock I been hiding under. ;)

Osce0la
4/12/2006, 04:31 PM
<self pat on the back> for my most successful thread (if that's what you want to call it). I can't believe this thread is 5 pages long...Granted most of it is whether or not Randy Jackson is better than Queen, instead of the intended "how hawt is Kellie Pickler?"...;)
http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/430/kp24wn.png (http://imageshack.us)

slickdawg
4/12/2006, 04:33 PM
Posting a thread on the SO is similar to driving across an icy bridge.
You know where you started, but you're really not sure where you'll
end up.

Veritas
4/12/2006, 04:34 PM
<self pat on the back> for my most successful thread (if that's what you want to call it). I can't believe this thread is 5 pages long...Granted most of it is whether or not Randy Jackson is better than Queen, instead of the intended "how hawt is Kellie Pickler?"...;)
Man, I like this Firefox ImageZoom extension.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2006, 04:35 PM

Overrated.

colleyvillesooner
4/12/2006, 04:36 PM
Sh*t it brought me out from under the rock I been hiding under. ;)

yes!

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2003_Old_School/Thumb/003OSC_Seann_William_Scott_002.jpg

Veritas
4/12/2006, 04:37 PM
Overrated.
Don't try to tell me you wouldn't hit that like you'd hit the Pride baton twirlers.

GottaHavePride
4/12/2006, 04:42 PM
I won't argue that. ;) I'm just saying she's not as great as people keep slobbering over her.

Scott D
4/12/2006, 04:43 PM
Don't try to tell me you wouldn't hit that like you'd hit the Pride baton twirlers.

to be honest it's not like you really need to be more than monosyllabic to be on her level ;)

Veritas
4/12/2006, 04:47 PM
to be honest it's not like you really need to be more than monosyllabic to be on her level ;)
I know theres a joke in there somewhere that references a upturned 5 gallon bucket and "her level" but I just can't put it together... :texan:

Scott D
4/12/2006, 04:53 PM
I know theres a joke in there somewhere that references a upturned 5 gallon bucket and "her level" but I just can't put it together... :texan:

let's just say in a math test between her and a bag of rocks, I'd put $5 on the rocks ;)

NormanPride
4/12/2006, 05:03 PM

You talkin' about the twins that came back for the 100 year anniversary?