PDA

View Full Version : Incoming Recruits

emoinwinter
4/11/2006, 07:39 PM
Keith Clark: Rivals has a story posted saying that he is definately coming.
Scottie Reynolds: Rivals has a story posted saying that he is coming. Is a KS interview on the animal earlier KS contacted Reynolds' dad this morning, and he seemed pretty happy Capel was named head coach.
Damion James: In the Rivals story Reynolds said " Aslong as I can get up and down the court with Damion and whoever else comes to Oklahoma we're going to be good." It sounds like Reynolds is sure James is coming.

Anybody have any updates or have news on Tony Crocker or Jeremy Mayfield?

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 07:50 PM
There are some strong rumors that the class is not yet complete...

TheBigRedMachine
4/11/2006, 09:02 PM
There are some strong rumors that the class is not yet complete...

You talking about Arthur? So that means we are sure that Clark and/or Mayfield won't qualify or is somebody leaving the team?

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 10:25 PM
You talking about Arthur? So that means we are sure that Clark and/or Mayfield won't qualify or is somebody leaving the team?

I don't know anything about Mayfield, but I have heard rumors of Clark not qualifying and/or Walker transferring. Everything is just a rumor though so who knows.

TheBigRedMachine
4/11/2006, 10:44 PM
If Walker transfers, isn't that the end of his career since he has to sit out a year after transferring? Or is he looking to go to a Div. 2 or Div. 3 school?

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 10:48 PM
Crocker will come. He was born a Sooner fan. I don't know about Mayfield. I would guess he's coming along with the rest of the class. But that's a guess.

Our class depends on if Clark qualifies right now. If Walker does leave and Clark qualifies we could get that extra bigman to help us next. It looks on paper right now like we will be very weak inside.

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 11:06 PM
nm

okienole3
4/11/2006, 11:19 PM
Crocker will come. He was born a Sooner fan. I don't know about Mayfield. I would guess he's coming along with the rest of the class. But that's a guess.

Our class depends on if Clark qualifies right now. If Walker does leave and Clark qualifies we could get that extra bigman to help us next. It looks on paper right now like we will be very weak inside.

Well maybe if but you know maybe not who knows really I don't know we can't know who knows I guess it might happen but if this happens it won't happen. :rolleyes:

Ruuuuuufus
4/11/2006, 11:48 PM
We could still potentially add someone and keep everyone we have now and coming in. There's a lost scholarship that we imposed on ourselves that would have to be reinstated though.

Boffingham
4/12/2006, 02:04 AM
Whoever comes to the Sooners, I would like to see some people actually graduate....and play good basketball.

OKC-SLC
4/12/2006, 03:02 AM
Whoever comes to the Sooners, I would like to see some people actually graduate....and play good basketball.
Hopefully not in that order.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/12/2006, 08:46 AM
If Walker transfers, isn't that the end of his career since he has to sit out a year after transferring? Or is he looking to go to a Div. 2 or Div. 3 school?

I don't mean to be too harsh on Walker but I don't honestly think he is a D-I caliber player. Maybe good enough to be a back-up PG for Pepperdine or Sam Houston St but not a Big 12 team. He could be better served playing for a good D-II program.

That said, I haven't heard anything about him transferring.

Most of the things I've read (primarily on this board) is that there is a good chance that Clark won't qualify. I've read a couple places some concerns about Mayfield too but not lately. I've seen or heard no comments from Crocker but I presume he is on board.

I think in the event that we have another scholarship available that we are making a push for Arthur and/or a top Juco C (name escapes me at the moment but I think he was rated #2. Arthur most likely is going to KU or Hook 'em but we still have an outside shot. I think the Juco C has a pretty big list of schools without a clear leader. Possibly could be waiting to see what the NCAA says with us, really just guessing though.

Total_Ignorance_Hour
4/12/2006, 09:38 AM
We could still potentially add someone and keep everyone we have now and coming in. There's a lost scholarship that we imposed on ourselves that would have to be reinstated though.

Yeah, if we want to make that meeting with the NCAA even more interesting.