PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel a sense of urgency......

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2006, 05:04 PM
to finally read a thread when it's apparent that it will roll over to another page?

I don't know why I can ignore a thread for so long and then get ansy that I'll be two pages behind if I finally join in.

Hamhock
4/11/2006, 05:06 PM
no. not at all.

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2006, 05:07 PM
no. not at all.
well of course YOU don't.

You jumped in at post #2:rolleyes:
:D

Czar Soonerov
4/11/2006, 05:15 PM
I only read the first post of any thread, well the mouse over thingy anyway...

Penguin
4/11/2006, 05:20 PM
Remember that one version of the board where you could reply to a thread without ever reading it?

That was cool.

Not really.

Czar Soonerov
4/11/2006, 05:24 PM
Remember that one version of the board where you could reply to a thread without ever reading it?

That was cool.

Not really.

I do remember that.

-Old Skool

Soonerbabeinbama
4/11/2006, 05:47 PM
yeah, it's like you've got something good to say (or so you think) and you want to post it before someone beats you to it. I usually read the threads from back to front anyway. I see what the thread is about, and then I start with the last post and go to the first. I read magazines that way too. I flip from back to front. I don't know why. I don't read books that way though.;)

proud gonzo
4/11/2006, 06:12 PM
no. and i usually don't read threads for the first time after they reach a second page because i'm lazy.

OKC Sooner
4/11/2006, 06:12 PM
yeah, it's like you've got something good to say (or so you think) and you want to post it before someone beats you to it. I usually read the threads from back to front anyway. I see what the thread is about, and then I start with the last post and go to the first. I read magazines that way too. I flip from back to front. I don't know why. I don't read books that way though.;)

Hey SBIB

Whirlpools and toilets run in the other direction in Australia. You should vacation there sometime and see if you then have a tendency to read magazines from front to back. I've also wondered if phone cords get twisted up in the opposite direction in AU, you could check on that too.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/11/2006, 06:23 PM
Hey SBIB

Whirlpools and toilets run in the other direction in Australia. You should vacation there sometime and see if you then have a tendency to read magazines from front to back. I've also wondered if phone cords get twisted up in the opposite direction in AU, you could check on that too.
So when the Aussies flush a toilet it swirls from the left to the right? I must admit, I've never really paid much attention to which way the water swirls.:D

proud gonzo
4/11/2006, 06:31 PM
not so much left to right as clockwise. but actually I don't think that's true.

MamaMia
4/11/2006, 06:35 PM
If there is a thread with a title of something I'm not interested in or dont know anything about, like video games I dont read it at all, but I will check back on threads that go to 2 pages or more that I already posted in. Sometimes I will say additional things.

mdklatt
4/11/2006, 06:37 PM
Whirlpools and toilets run in the other direction in Australia.

No they don't. (If by whirlpool you mean hot tub.)

IB4OU2
4/11/2006, 06:43 PM
I've had some that drop off the front page without a reply......

and I don't normally post in religious or political threads. I learned at an early age not to discuss religion or politics, just the way I was brought up
I guess.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 06:44 PM
no. and i usually don't read threads for the first time after they reach a second page because i'm lazy.

ditto

OKC Sooner
4/11/2006, 06:46 PM
No they don't. (If by whirlpool you mean hot tub.)
Actually, I mean real whirlpools, like the one that forms in your kitchen sink when you pull the plug on a sinkfull of water.

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2006, 07:19 PM
EXACTLY

that's why I feel the urgency to read it before it goes two pages and I'm lost forever.

It really sucks when you refuse to click a thread and it goes 5-6 pages.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/11/2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry for jacking your thread San Antone. :O

So, you are saying that the Aussie's toilet flushes clockwise? Wow, I just flushed and it does go counterclockwise. Who knew? I always thought it went the other way. I really don't care, just as long as it flushes!!:D

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2006, 07:29 PM
Sorry for jacking your thread San Antone. :O

So, you are saying that the Aussie's toilet flushes clockwise? Wow, I just flushed and it does go counterclockwise. Who knew? I always thought it went the other way. I really don't care, just as long as it flushes!!:D
It's your duty to watch yer doody go down and report back to us.

Penguin
4/11/2006, 08:06 PM

Same goes for me. However, I'll post something cool and usually some wise *** will post "How many times are people going to post this?" :texan:

OUinFLA
4/11/2006, 08:11 PM
Same goes for me. However, I'll post something cool and usually some wise *** will post "How many times are people going to post this?" :texan:

When did you post something cool?

Sorry I missed that one.

:D

opksooner
4/11/2006, 08:13 PM
Yep, every morning about 2:30, if I drink too much liquid after 10pm.

slickdawg
4/11/2006, 08:23 PM
Hey, this is two pages long, it's worth checking out. :D

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2006, 08:23 PM
Hey, this is two pages long, it's worth checking out. :D
not really, but you'll feel left out if you don't

slickdawg
4/11/2006, 08:25 PM
IBTP - In Before Third Page

proud gonzo
4/11/2006, 10:12 PM
*sigh* it's only one page!

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 10:18 PM

Its a well known fact that ancient mariners knew they were at the equator when they flushed the toilet on the ship and the water went straight down without swirlage.

Scott D
4/11/2006, 10:21 PM
lies...because they went in a bucket :P

GottaHavePride
4/11/2006, 10:33 PM
Pfff. Terlets flush clockwise or counterclockwise because that's what direction the little jets under the rim are pointed.

But this would make a good mythbusters...

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 10:41 PM
lies...because they went in a bucket :P

Actually they didn't. They had a hole cut in a plank which extended out over the ship's side at the bow upon which they sat to do their bidness. Hence the nautical term for terlit: "Head." seriously.

here's a description of the "heads" aboard HMS Victory:

Toilets - no more than a seat with a hole above the waves - were to be found right up in the bow (or head) of the ship. Two small enclosed spaces gave some privacy for the officers. Senior NCOs had a seat on either side of the bow. Ordinary seaman had a bench, each with two holes, placed on either side of the bowsprit and immediately above the creaming bow wave. The deck here was open - in the form of a grating to allow the free sluicing of waves across the area. A seaman wishing to make use of the toilets would go to the head of the ship - toilets aboard ship are now known as the 'heads' - wherever they are.

Scott D
4/11/2006, 10:43 PM
before then, they went in a bucket :P

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 10:47 PM
before then, they went in a bucket :P

No that was the Army. They still do that. :)

MamaMia
4/11/2006, 10:54 PM
This is usually when I say my additional thing and it kills the thread. :D

proud gonzo
4/11/2006, 11:01 PM
what about the poop deck? :confused:

proud gonzo
4/11/2006, 11:02 PM
(it IS rather ironic, however, that a thread about a sense of urgency has turned toward toilets.)

Penguin
4/12/2006, 01:22 PM
Pfff. Terlets flush clockwise or counterclockwise because that's what direction the little jets under the rim are pointed.

But this would make a good mythbusters...

The Mythbusters website has told people to stop requesting it. Yet, it never has shown up in an episode.

mdklatt
4/12/2006, 01:41 PM
Actually, I mean real whirlpools, like the one that forms in your kitchen sink when you pull the plug on a sinkfull of water.

If you're talking about ocean whirlpools, yes, but Coriolis force is insignificant on the the time and distance scales of household drains.

Soonerbabeinbama
4/12/2006, 01:53 PM
If you're talking about ocean whirlpools, yes, but Coriolis force is insignificant on the the time and distance scales of household drains.
don't you just hate know-it-alls?:D

Scott D
4/12/2006, 03:23 PM
No that was the Army. They still do that. :)

I thought the army was still searching for the right contractors to make the bucket ;)

Penguin
10/23/2009, 05:24 PM
Has this thing made 2 pages yet?

stoopified
10/23/2009, 06:38 PM
Hey SBIB

Whirlpools and toilets run in the other direction in Australia. You should vacation there sometime and see if you then have a tendency to read magazines from front to back. I've also wondered if phone cords get twisted up in the opposite direction in AU, you could check on that too.Phone cord?What is phone cord?