PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for Kitty Litter Cake

soonerbrat
4/11/2006, 01:43 PM
the ebay poop thread and recipe for deep fried dr. pepper reminded me of this:

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/cakeimg/kittylitter.jpg

1 spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
2 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix, prepared (I like Bird'sŪ dessert mix)
1 large pkg vanilla sandwich cookies
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie RollsŪ

1 new kitty litter pan
1 new plastic kitty litter pan liner
1 new pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).

Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.

Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in food processor, scraping often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix until completely colored.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. Important: mix in just enough of the pudding to moisten it. You don't want it too soggy. Combine gently.

Line a new, clean kitty litter box. Put the cake/pudding/cookie mixture into the litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls bury them in the mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly on top of everything -- this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat 3 Tootsie Rolls in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake; sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around for a truly disgusting effect!

Further notes: I had a reader write in saying this recipe only needed half the amount of pudding. I personally liked the cake with the amount given in this recipe. But feel free to use this as a loose guideline, use more or less as you see the need. Also, since the layer of cookies (with the chloropyll green specks, covers the top, you could really use any flavor or flavors or cakes underneath. Last but not least, you can also opt not to crumble the cakes, but rather layer them in the pan with the layers of pudding in between (much like you would layer a trifle into a trifle dish), sprinkle the top layer of pudding with a heavy layer of crumbled cookies. Same effect, different texture entirely to the dessert.

Jimminy Crimson
4/11/2006, 01:46 PM
I bet Joel Hinrichs family served him this cake at his last birthday party. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
4/11/2006, 01:47 PM
Gross.

GDC
4/11/2006, 02:13 PM
I wonder if you'd catch toxoplasmosis from eating it?

yermom
4/11/2006, 03:25 PM
i think the real kitty litter pan and pooper scooper might just be a little too realistic

Viking Kitten
4/11/2006, 03:35 PM
How about a recipe for "Dog Vomit on Toast"? :D

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2488/aaaashiiteonashingle8rg8rq.jpg

soonerbrat
4/11/2006, 03:43 PM
that's nasty

Osce0la
4/11/2006, 03:46 PM
We need that sig, I can't remember who has it, the roller coaster of being hungry and losing my appetite...Not that any of this has really made me too hungry to begin with...

Viking Kitten
4/11/2006, 03:52 PM
that's nasty

Don't sass me, woman.

soonerbrat
4/11/2006, 03:56 PM
i'm sorry. it will won't happen again.

until you need to be sassed.

yermom
4/11/2006, 04:20 PM
We need that sig, I can't remember who has it, the roller coaster of being hungry and losing my appetite...Not that any of this has really made me too hungry to begin with...

that's Beef quoting me :D

it was from a thread about Corny Dogs that turned bad

Soonerbabeinbama
4/11/2006, 04:34 PM
Sorry, but being a cat owner, the thought of kitty litter cake is just too real for me. The name backs me off big time. Blech!!

slickdawg
4/11/2006, 04:52 PM
What about "freshly recycled organic cake" - does that make it sound better?

:)

Tailwind
4/11/2006, 05:04 PM
Yuck!

opksooner
4/11/2006, 08:10 PM
Yuck!
Speaking of yuck WARNING! Impending threadjack. We had a secretary in the office who was deathly afraid of mice. hehe....so one morning before she came in I left a nice, neat, trail of Post's Bran Buds on her nice, neat desk. When she came in, she went absolutely bonkers, screamed, the whole scene. I asked her what the problem was. She said, "There's mice in here!"

I calmly walked over to her desk, examined the Bran Bud "droppings", picked one up and popped it into my mouth and said, "Yep, that's mouse ****!".

Postal.....absolutely, postal.

Good times.

soonerbrat
4/11/2006, 09:35 PM
i could've gotten you the real thing. i used to work with mice in a lab.

Okla-homey
4/11/2006, 10:08 PM
How about a recipe for "Dog Vomit on Toast"? :D

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/2488/aaaashiiteonashingle8rg8rq.jpg

That's good eatin' sister. Food snobs...<shakes head>