PDA

View Full Version : Wacky research findings on homosexuality

royalfan5
4/11/2006, 12:08 PM
Well, I'm a left handed only child, which apperently makes me pretty straight, along with the whole digging girls part.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/09/60minutes/main1385230.shtml

slickdawg
4/11/2006, 12:12 PM
"So you created a gay rat?" Stahl asked.

sooneron
4/11/2006, 12:21 PM
I thought that Hollywood and the Media made people gay?!

Ike
4/11/2006, 12:42 PM
these people (http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28970) never really stood a chance then...

mdklatt
4/11/2006, 12:45 PM
This story aired on 60 Minutes a few weeks ago. It was pretty interesting. One part of the story focused on a study where children were video taped when they were young. It was pretty easy to identify the kids who eventually grew up to be gay.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 12:54 PM
"I was supposed to be a girl in my mom's stomach. But my mom wished for all boys. So, I turned into a boy," Adam explained.

Asked if he wished he was a girl, Adam nodded.

That kids gonna have a great childhood.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2006, 01:00 PM
If Adam's mom hadn't been accepting of his effeminate traits and steered him towards more conventional boy type toys, would the hormone imbalance that started him down the road to homosexuality be assuaged over time? If it were recognized as a hormone imbalance that is allowed to incubate in a home life that was the leading source of homosexuality, could it be treated with HRT?

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 01:07 PM
I am willing to bet there are way more effeminate men that are not homosexual than are, since there really aren't that many gay people to begin with.

Nevertheless, I think a mix of factors probably has a lot to do with it, including homes like this that seem to more or less be allowing Adam to grow into a homosexual instead of trying to help him grow up like a normal boy. Like I said, that kid is in for a world of hurt once he gets just a little older. The Parents should be helping him do that somehow.

crawfish
4/11/2006, 01:19 PM
I think there's probably a sliding scale...some people, whether genetically or hormonally, will turn gay...some probably have very little predisposition to it but environmental factors make them gay. Most are somewhere inbetween.

It just seems ridiculous to me that many "researchers" want to totally discount environmental stimuli. I've met dozens of gay people in my life, and not ONE had what I'd call a stable home environment as a child. The truth is, IMO, not as cut and dry as either side would like it to be.

Tear Down This Wall
4/11/2006, 01:56 PM
Funny, when discussing queers, none of the news reports ever seem to cover what a bad health idea it is to commit to a lifestyle of sticking your penis into the area of the body that was meant for the expulsion of waste. Gee, now that's forward thinking! Real progressive, man!

royalfan5
4/11/2006, 02:10 PM
Funny, when discussing queers, none of the news reports ever seem to cover what a bad health idea it is to commit to a lifestyle of sticking your penis into the area of the body that was meant for the expulsion of waste. Gee, now that's forward thinking! Real progressive, man!
Course a lot of people are into doing that with chicks too.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 02:16 PM
Course a lot of people are into doing that with chicks too.
True, although that single act doesn't define the existence of those people like it seems to for "gay" people.

royalfan5
4/11/2006, 02:18 PM
True, although that single act doesn't define the existence of those people like it seems to for "gay" people.
Guess we have differnet groups of friends then.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 02:19 PM
Guess we have differnet groups of friends then.

Well, considering we are talking about sexuality...

royalfan5
4/11/2006, 02:34 PM
Well, considering we are talking about sexuality...
What I was trying to say is that I have straight friends who are really into that sort of thing.

Cam
4/12/2006, 09:06 PM
It just seems ridiculous to me that many "researchers" want to totally discount environmental stimuli. I've met dozens of gay people in my life, and not ONE had what I'd call a stable home environment as a child. The truth is, IMO, not as cut and dry as either side would like it to be.
I've heard this argument before and have a hard time believing it. Probably 80+% of the gay people I know came from very stable families. All of there families were a hell of a lot more stable than my family, and I dig chicks.

If family instability were a large factor, wouldn't there be a hell of a lot more gay people in the US due to the ~50% divorce rate?

sanantoniosooner
4/12/2006, 09:11 PM
GAY THREADS YOU MAKE THE SOUTH OVAL GO 'ROUND

handcrafted
4/13/2006, 10:00 AM
I love stories like that where the scientists throw out all sorts of guesses as to what's really going on, and then end up with "well, we don't really know. We need to work on this more." (more grant $$$$)

Genetics, environment, upbringing, all of that plays a factor. I don't think people are "born gay" (for obvious reasons), but people are born with dispositions to certain sinful behaviors. We all have our bugaboos. Some people are prone to addiction, others aren't. Some are more violent, some have a more active sex drive, etc. If God gives us something we have to struggle to overcome, it's because the struggle is worth it and it will have positive effects.

In the instance of the twin brothers, I blame the parents. They totally screwed that poor kid up by giving in to what he asked for. They aren't taking their responsibility seriously and the kid is going to be messed up for a long time. I pray that God will bring someone into his life that can truly help him.