PDA

View Full Version : Capel's Duke Connections

OUstud
4/11/2006, 08:18 AM
I've seen some complaining about Capel being "the next Amaker" or "the next Snyder". Those guys were assistants under Coach K, and therefore run his system, which only works with a loaded bench. Capel wasn't an assistant under Coach K, and his system is different that Coach K's. I'm not worried about this.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 08:20 AM
I like the tradition of exiting early from the postseason being kept in tact.

sooneron
4/11/2006, 08:36 AM
A new thread for this???

ouflak
4/11/2006, 09:23 AM
I like the tradition of exiting early from the postseason being kept in tact.

You're assuming we'll make it too the post-season. We'll see what happens. There are a lot of unknowns, maybe too many for any of us to get very excited. But all of those unknowns should vanish next year.

I personally want to really believe that he should atleast be capable enough to guide this team to a berth in the NCAA tournament. I just don't think he has enough proven history behind him for any of us to know for certain that he will be an early-exiter kind of coach. There hasn't been enough time for him to get this kind of information on his resume. We're going to be the test case for what he can do and what he can't do.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 09:26 AM
There is no reason OU shouldn't go to the tourney every year. No reason at all. For all we bag on the fans of OU MBB, its supported pretty damn well compared to a lot of schools.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 09:27 AM
Next season's team is one ginormous question mark right now. The players will be almost completely new and extremely young, and nobody has any idea what to expect from the coaching staff either.

I'm actually more excited than I have been in a few years.

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 09:28 AM
We're going to be the test case for what he can do and what he can't do.

I have a problem with this. I don't think OU should be a test case for anything. We should expect the best. This is still the only school to compete for a title in football and basketball in the same season, we should act like it a little more I think.

PrideTrombone
4/11/2006, 10:26 AM
I have a problem with this. I don't think OU should be a test case for anything. We should expect the best. This is still the only school to compete for a title in football and basketball in the same season, we should act like it a little more I think.

Oh my goodness, I agree with Tuba. Better write this down.

okienole3
4/11/2006, 11:25 AM
Brass section unites!!!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
4/11/2006, 11:51 AM
Brass section unites!!!

Should I whip out my flute? :D

Uh, probably not.

Dio
4/11/2006, 12:25 PM
Should I whip out my flute? :D

Uh, probably not.