PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Club

HoserSooner
4/11/2006, 07:42 AM
Anyone a member, or do you know of someone who is?

We got the DVD in the mail, but it was just a glorified sales pitch, and you have to call their 1-800 number to get more info. Is it a good deal?

OklahomaTuba
4/11/2006, 08:47 AM
I would think timeshares would be a ripoff myself

BeetDigger
4/11/2006, 09:00 AM
Anyone a member, or do you know of someone who is?

We got the DVD in the mail, but it was just a glorified sales pitch, and you have to call their 1-800 number to get more info. Is it a good deal?

Is this where you pay about $50 or so and with that, you get some discounts and special "VIP" type treatment?

We joined some Disney club a few years ago, when we were actually going to Disney, and it was worth it. For $50 we got an couple hundred dollar upgrade, a free family meal at DW and some other things.

Pieces Hit
4/11/2006, 09:02 AM
You can rent a condo with a sceened pool and hot tub just a couple of miles from the Disney property quite affordably.
We got a 4 bedroom home for our group and split the cost.
Sweet deal actually.
It's been a while though and don't remember whom it was with.

HoserSooner
4/11/2006, 09:08 AM
It's like a timeshare deal, but you get points that go towards accomodations, but they have places all over the world, not just in Orlando.

My mom is looking at buying it for the family that we can use whenever, but it's really hard to get any detailed info without calling the toll free number. I think they start at $15,000 and go up from there.

Just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with the club.

BeetDigger
4/11/2006, 10:28 AM
It's like a timeshare deal, but you get points that go towards accomodations, but they have places all over the world, not just in Orlando.

My mom is looking at buying it for the family that we can use whenever, but it's really hard to get any detailed info without calling the toll free number. I think they start at $15,000 and go up from there.

Just wondered if anyone has had any dealings with the club.

Sorry, I was wayyyyy off.

Usually, they give you a cheap trip just to come in for the sales pitch. If you are going to buy, at least get that.

And if you are really interested, do some searches on the Internet about resellers. I understand that you can buy timeshares for less that way. Think about it, all of those people with the timeshares are needing to get rid of them eventually. Do some research, you might be able to find one for .50 on the dollar.