PDA

View Full Version : To all you people who bashed Kelvin.

SOONER44EVER
4/11/2006, 06:29 AM
Are you happy now?

King Crimson
4/11/2006, 06:42 AM
i'm not a Kelvin basher, but things change and we move on. we'll see how this hire turns out.

Newbomb Turk
4/11/2006, 07:32 AM
i'm not a Kelvin basher, but things change and we move on. we'll see how this hire turns out.

Being level headed doesn't fly around here mister! ;)

Partial Qualifier
4/11/2006, 08:09 AM
Are you happy now?

didja forget the winkie face?

SOONER44EVER
4/11/2006, 08:12 AM
didja forget the winkie face?
No. I'm really wondering if they're happy.

OUstud
4/11/2006, 08:15 AM
Not a basher, but yes, I'm happy.

sanantoniosooner
4/11/2006, 08:22 AM
My happiness does not hinge on the success or failures of a sports team.

It is, however, heavily influenced by "Are you happy now" threads.

I'm excited about all of them lately.

bri
4/11/2006, 08:28 AM
Someone wake me up when there's a point to this thread.

toast
4/11/2006, 08:41 AM
http://www.crystalaerie.com/images/disney/snoww/Happy.jpg

Partial Qualifier
4/11/2006, 08:47 AM
I must admit, I'm really gonna miss NCAA Investigation Committees, Serious Recruiting Infractions, Self-Imposed Penalties, Bad Press, Star Players Transferring to Other Schools and A Proven Knack for Losing to Lower Seeds in the NCAA Tourney.

spaceman
4/11/2006, 09:01 AM
Are you happy now?Yes!!! Either lead, follow or get the ##ll outta the way, because whether you like it or not this train has left the station. We now have a new chapter in Sooner Basketball.
Boomer Sooner.......

TopDawg
4/11/2006, 09:02 AM
I must admit, I'm really gonna miss NCAA Investigation Committees, Serious Recruiting Infractions, Self-Imposed Penalties, Bad Press, Star Players Transferring to Other Schools and A Proven Knack for Losing to Lower Seeds in the NCAA Tourney.

Are There Any Other Books You Would Like to Put on That List?

ouflak
4/11/2006, 09:06 AM
I must admit, I'm really gonna miss NCAA Investigation Committees, Serious Recruiting Infractions, Self-Imposed blah, blah, blah...

Ok fine. You're a basher that is happy Kelvin is gone.

But that wasn't the point of the OP. Are you happy with this hire, considering what we had in place? Was this the Micheal Jordanesque touchdown/homerun/whatever hire that many bashers here expected from Joe C?

GottaHavePride
4/11/2006, 09:08 AM
I thought expecting a huge name "home run" hire at OU was idiotic at best anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has OU ever, in any sport, had success by bringing in a well-known, established coach with a proven record of success? Or have we had more success by hiring a relatively unproven assistant or coach from a smaller school that turns out to be really freakin' good at what they do?

Call me crazy, but it seems like the latter works really well at OU.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 09:14 AM
This thread is sad, and seems to prove something I said a couple of weeks ago. The bashers and pumpers have switched polarity almost immediately.

Beef
4/11/2006, 09:21 AM
I thought expecting a huge name "home run" hire at OU was idiotic at best anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong, but has OU ever, in any sport, had success by bringing in a well-known, established coach with a proven record of success? Or have we had more success by hiring a relatively unproven assistant or coach from a smaller school that turns out to be really freakin' good at what they do?

*************** rocked!

the_ouskull
4/11/2006, 09:27 AM

Since when were Drew Lavender and Ryan Humphrey "star players?" Neither of them made an all-conference team for OU that I can remember. They both had GLARING weaknesses in their game that made them a liability on the court at one time or another. (Drew's D, Ryan's O.)

???

the_ouskull

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 09:28 AM
I think we could have really used Lavender last season.

Partial Qualifier
4/11/2006, 09:32 AM
Ok fine. You're a basher that is happy Kelvin is gone.

But that wasn't the point of the OP. Are you happy with this hire, considering what we had in place? Was this the Micheal Jordanesque touchdown/homerun/whatever hire that many bashers here expected from Joe C?

I was never under the misconception that OU could land a guy like Calipari or a similiar big-name coach. Why would a sure thing, big-name, "home run" guy come here?? All these other names people were throwing out there like Turgeon, Haith, etc. were zzzzz. I was surprised at first on the Capel news but after thinking about it for a few moments, then researching Capel's background, yes I am very happy with the hire.

And btw, I think the "point of the OP" was pretty dumb. "you hated Kelvin, now look at the sorry mess you're in, neener neener" . . please.

FWIW. Almost as dumb as the guys who were on here a couple weeks ago, blaming the fans for Kelvin's departure.

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 09:34 AM
And btw, I think the "point of the OP" was pretty dumb. "you hated Kelvin, now look at the sorry mess you're in, neener neener" . . please.

FWIW. Almost as dumb as the guys who were on here a couple weeks ago, blaming the fans for Kelvin's departure.

Well, it does appear to be the same group of posters...

bri
4/11/2006, 09:39 AM
It's kinda hard to make an all-conference team when you, you know, transfer out of the conference.

Gdog
4/11/2006, 10:59 AM
Check back with me in a couple of years when you're bbqing some crow....

I like it. No one saw this coming.

Boomer Sooner

P.S. So will the Sampson "sunshine pumpers" not support our new coach no matter who it is? I'm a Sooner and rooted for smelly and Blake, so put an interlocking OU on 'em and I'll follow them to war. Call me naive, but I've had crimson blood since birth......

boomersooner82
4/11/2006, 11:07 AM
P.S. So will the Sampson "sunshine pumpers" not support our new coach no matter who it is? I'm a Sooner and rooted for smelly and Blake, so put an interlocking OU on 'em and I'll follow them to war. Call me naive, but I've had crimson blood since birth......

Amen "brotha"... I love to win, in fact, it means everything in the world to me. Nothing on the planet is more important than OU winning. But when things aren't going well, that's still no reason not to support the University and whoever it puts on the field, court or sideline.

the_brew
4/11/2006, 11:13 AM
I wasn't a big fan of Kelvin this past year......

But, hey, this new guy. he's young. he's actually played ball in college. I'm willing to give him a shot. Remember this is Oklahoma, if he doesnt get us W's, we'll run him outa town.

JohnnyMack
4/11/2006, 11:18 AM
It's kinda hard to make an all-conference team when you, you know, transfer out of the conference.

Hey! Andy Katz, zip it.

CobraKai
4/11/2006, 11:22 AM

Hello?!?!? Howard Schnellenburger! ;)

GottaHavePride
4/11/2006, 11:57 AM
This thread is sad, and seems to prove something I said a couple of weeks ago. The bashers and pumpers have switched polarity almost immediately.

Heh. Which category was I in with my "I like Kelvin, but damn, the team this year had serious issues" opinion?

Newbomb Turk
4/11/2006, 12:00 PM
Heh. Which category was I in with my "I like Kelvin, but damn, the team this year had serious issues" opinion?

combination 'basher' & 'pumper' = bumper.

Socrefbek
4/11/2006, 12:00 PM
Are you happy now?

[mike tyson] Im eggstatic [/mike tyson]:P

Harry Beanbag
4/11/2006, 12:02 PM

With me in the corner watching the show. :)

RacerX
4/11/2006, 12:26 PM
Since when were Drew Lavender and Ryan Humphrey "star players?" Neither of them made an all-conference team for OU that I can remember. They both had GLARING weaknesses in their game that made them a liability on the court at one time or another. (Drew's D, Ryan's O.)

???

the_ouskull

That makes me so damn glad that Kelvin brought them here.

Cam
4/12/2006, 09:12 PM
I wasn't a big fan of Kelvin this past year......

But, hey, this new guy. he's young. he's actually played ball in college. I'm willing to give him a shot.
Exactly.

Ask me again in 2-3 years.

Don't know about ya'll, but I had the same reaction as when KS was named the coach 12 years ago. Kelvin was given time, give Capel time and see how he does.

oumartin
4/12/2006, 09:13 PM
I'm optimistic he'll get it done

bluedogok
4/12/2006, 09:32 PM

???

the_ouskullShaq is liability on the court at times.......
There are players all over the NBA that have weaknesses in their games and ALL college players have weaknesses in their game, otherwise they would have done a Lebron and go to the NBA (before the age rule). Lavender played all-star games with Lebron and Humphrey was older so if they were both that good, they would have gone. BUT they were still highly recruited players and Humphrey still played in the NBA.

jdsooner
4/12/2006, 11:10 PM
Are you happy now?

Happy about what?:twinkies:

badger
4/13/2006, 12:16 AM
actually, Capel really knows how to light up a room.

And so, I am indeed very:
http://mvsweb.citaris.com/marketing/historico/images/happy%20gilmore.jpg

stoopified
4/13/2006, 12:35 AM

Call me crazy, but it seems like the latter works really well at OU.Excellent point but can he take us beyond the Tubbs-Sampson line?that is the question most fans have,Personally I have no idea.He could turn out to be a Gibbs -type hire(Sampson if you prefer),Or God forbid,a Blake type hire.All we as fans can do is wait and see.

Stoop Dawg
4/13/2006, 11:18 AM

Clearly that's the point *you* drew from it. Whether that was the actual point or not is debatable.

Regardless, the *best* you can say of the new guy is still "unknown". He's certainly not the "elite" coach (yet) that some seemed to think we'd land. I think *that* is the point of this thread.

And while I hope that he wins a NC in his second year, I think all those comparing him to Stoops may be disappointed. But, here's hoping he's BS Jr. anyway!

Boomer Sooner

Crimsontothecore
4/13/2006, 12:22 PM
Are you happy now?
Oh...Geeze! I forgot, it was this message board that ran off Sampson. I suppose he would have turned down IU had we been nicer.
Imagine how stupid this thread will look in a couple of years when OU is thrilled with Capel long after IU grows tired of Sampson.

sanantoniosooner
4/13/2006, 01:00 PM
And while I hope that he wins a NC in his second year, I think all those comparing him to Stoops may be disappointed. But, here's hoping he's BS Jr. anyway!

Boomer Sooner
http://www.jerks.cx/pics/yay.jpg
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!

SOONER44EVER
4/14/2006, 12:42 AM
The original point of this thread was to ask all the people who bashed Kelvin if they were happy now. Happy that he is gone, happy that Capel was hired. Nothing more.

sanantoniosooner
4/14/2006, 08:05 AM
You never said if YOU were happy or not.

SleestakSooner
4/14/2006, 08:32 AM
"I'm not Dead! I feel happy! I feel happy!" (bonk)--- Dead Body That Claims It Isn't

Crimsontothecore
4/14/2006, 11:27 AM
The original point of this thread was to ask all the people who bashed Kelvin if they were happy now. Happy that he is gone, happy that Capel was hired. Nothing more.
Fact is, bashed or not, He would have taken the IU job regardless. Therefore, yes, I'm happy he's gone since none of us should want a coach who doesn't want to be here. As far as Capel, If he's good enough for Joe C., That's enough to convince me.

SOONER44EVER
4/15/2006, 02:00 AM
You never said if YOU were happy or not.
I'm definitely not happy he is gone. Kelvin is a great coach and an even better person. I hope we can say the same about Capel after 12 years. Only time will tell.