PDA

View Full Version : What OU football players have you met and....

Collier11
4/11/2006, 01:08 AM
...what did you think about them, we have a long time til the season starts so I thought it would be interesting to see how some of our players treat people

Ive hung out with Chris messner, mark clayton, chris chester, jd runnels, teddy lehman at random parties or clubs and they were all very nice and gracious

Ive waited on Jason white when I worked in Bricktown, he is very quiet but really nice, I tried to leave him alone cus everyone was bugging him for autographs and I felt bad for him, but he tipped me $20

Ive played basketball with Duke, Braxton, Dstrait, Fred Strong, Iglesias, Manny Johnson, Rufus, marcus walker, and lendy holmes. Lendy, Dstrait, Fred, and Braxton were all kinda cocky but whatya expect? Duke, iglesias, manny, rufus, and marcus were all cool cats and interacted and joked like one of the guys

Anyone else have any stories, sorry mine werent more exciting

Collier11
4/11/2006, 01:12 AM
I forgot, I got drunk with patrick fletcher, that guy is a blast...he let me try on his natl title ring

rainiersooner
4/11/2006, 02:06 AM
I went to OU during *************** and Blake I through II. During ***************'s brief tenure I got drunk at a bar and three or four Sooners came back to my house for a really bad after party. If I remember correctly two of them played in the secondary and one was a linebacker. I have no idea who they were. One of them kept his sunglasses on. I asked him why and he said it was cause he shined so bright. I think that was around the time Tulsa beat us with Caswell's 98 yard touchdown catch. These guys were really nice though. They did drink all my beer. Probably no one was buying for them at Brothers. That's my story.

OUTrumpet
4/11/2006, 02:43 AM
I (very briefly) got to speak to J.D. Runnels today.

Some football players are generally hanging out at my apt complex, Mike Knall lives next door.

Most of the time they are partying it up too. Had a beer with a few Friday night, when I was walking up the stairs to my apt from another party. And when some players offer you a beer...

walkoffsooner
4/11/2006, 03:18 AM
Jason White very nice guy .I also know robo cop remember him?

BOOMERBRADLEY
4/11/2006, 08:20 AM
I actually have never met any recent OU players.....:(

The only OU player I have ever met was Phil Tabor who played in the NFL.

OUDoc
4/11/2006, 08:21 AM
Marcus Dupree went with my brother and I to the UCLA (in Norman) game. He got us sideline passes, introduced me to coach Stoops. Hung out at my parents house for a while. Really nice guy.

Used to sit next to Terran Manning(played '87-'90) in a class while I was at OU. I was a senior taking freshman sociology and we had to sit in alphabetical order. :rolleyes:

Mike Gaddis never came to class unless there was a test, but his brother is cool. :D

Been in Reggie Barnes' home, almost bought it. He had some major cool OU and NFL stuff in his study.

goodonya
4/11/2006, 08:24 AM
Let me put it this way. In the late 70's & early 80's my roommate was a recreation major. Yes, there was a major in recreation. Coincidently many of the football players were recreation majors. My roomie came from a wealthy Nichols Hills family and had what you might call extra "disposable income". Our house became the "entertainment center" for many athletes. I have more stories than I can or am able to tell. It was fun with a capital "F".

The Consumate Showman
4/11/2006, 08:28 AM
Here's the ones I've met and how they acted:

Dan Cody - extremely nice and down to earth
Mark Clayton - class act
Brandon Jones - rather cocky
Jammal Brown - quiet, but nice
Nate Hybl - super cool
J White - cocky when trying for the pros, very nice and humble afterwards
JD - nice guy
AD - one of the best
Lance Mitchell & Pasha - nice, funny guys
D Strait - nice, but you can tell he's a little full of himself
Tommie - really a nice guy....funny, too.
Heupel - class, class, class. one of the best ever.
Dvoracek - changed a lot. great guy, very humble now.
Chijoke - weird, but funny dude.
Clint Ingram - nothing but respect for him.
Ruuuuufus - another one of the best ever.
Bomar - VERY arrogant and cocky.
Malcolm Kelly - pretty nice, most of the time.
Iglesias - very shy guy.
Mark Bradley - extremely cool.
Brandon Everage - CRAZZZY

I've met many others and the only other guy I can think of that was a total azzwipe was Quentin Chaney of all people. If you want to meet the epitomy of cokcieness and rudeness, go up and introduce yourself to him.

OUFan22
4/11/2006, 08:47 AM
I have met J.C. Watts, Anthony Phillips, Bob Latham, Troy Aikman, and a few more I can't remember since it has been many years ago. They all were standup people. I met Anthony Phillips and Troy Aikman through my friend Bob Latham. I met J.C. Watts at my high school's sports banquet while I was in junior high around 1979-80.

sooneron
4/11/2006, 09:54 AM
Uwe- back in 78-79, I used to run at the stadium when I was a kid. That's when it still had the track. I would occaisionally try to keep up with him. He let me hold the ball for him a few times. I was scared ****less! Nice guy, I still see him at The Mont every once in a while.
Spencer Tillman- really nice guy!
Jamelle - Hung out with him a couple of times when our house would have parties, he and Keith would come by and drink our beer. Jamelle was sort of a rude type about it all. Keith was really cool.
Boz- A little arrogant, but curteous. Not that bad.
Tony C.- Very nice guy. I waited on him when he was graduating from OU and had a beer with him at OConnell's a few years ago.
Troy Johnson - got to know him really well. Very nice guy
A Beavers- Funny dude, pretty nice
Jackie Jones - (Basketball team) Partied with him a bit. Good guy
(Brainfart on the first name) Frazier- He played running back for OU. Had a few beers with him one night at the Library. Nice kid
Nate- Had a few beers with him at the KSU watch party up here. Really nice guy

The Consumate Showman
4/11/2006, 10:30 AM
Met Lee Roy and Dewey and Lucious a couple of times - really nice guys
Ricky Dixon - kind of an azz...
Jack Mildren - super nice, super cool.
Dr. Death - you won't meet a finer alum.
Tinker and Steve - great guys to be around.
Jerry Tubbs - getting up there, but a Great man.
Keith Jackosn - all I can remember is how tall he was, met him when I was a kid. really nice, though...

starclassic tama
4/11/2006, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Collier11Ive played basketball with Duke, Braxton, Dstrait, Fred Strong, Iglesias, Manny Johnson, Rufus, marcus walker, and lendy holmes. Lendy, Dstrait, Fred, and Braxton were all kinda cocky but whatya expect? Duke, iglesias, manny, rufus, and marcus were all cool cats and interacted and joked like one of the guys

Anyone else have any stories, sorry mine werent more exciting[/QUOTE]

where did you play bball with them? the huff?

soonerlaw
4/11/2006, 11:07 AM
Garrick McGee went to my high school. He was a couple of years older than me and him and his buddies made me and my friends buy them cokes a couple of times. He was a pretty nice guy back in the day. His dad is a really cool guy as well.

Collier11
4/11/2006, 11:22 AM
where did you play bball with them? the huff?

ya, football players are up there all the time after spring ball and during the summer some, I played with dstrait at loyd noble

Big Red Wolf
4/11/2006, 11:33 AM
I've met Mike Gaddis. He is a reall nice guy. I am good friends with one of his brother's. I sat next to John Truitt in class. He was a quiet guy but really nice. Bubba Burcham spoke at my church once. I talked to him a while afterwards. He was cool.

I also had class with Rod Pegues.

SCOUT
4/11/2006, 12:18 PM
I had a class with Mike Gaddis - post injury. He made it almost all of the classes and was actually very nice. He was trying to get picked up by a pro team at the time and only missed class to go to a couple of camps.

Several classes with Cale Gundy. Not a big fan. He was pretty arrogant and didn't come across as the sharpest knife.

Had another class with Stephen Alexander. I didn't get to talk with him that much, but from what little interaction I had he seemed like a good guy.

The Consumate Showman
4/11/2006, 12:21 PM
;) So, you perceive age to be an impediment to greatness. I hate this age prejudice thing going around.

No. I've met some older guys that are still jerks, but Jerry was a really nice man. He reminded me of my grandfather, just a pleasure to meet and talk with. Don't be hatein' on dem old folks d00d. You and me will be one of them one day, too....:twinkies:

Flagstaffsooner
4/11/2006, 12:48 PM
Don Pfrimmer- great guy
Elvis Peackock-girlfriend and OUPD beater
Uwe- incredable apitite, mellow dude
Ben Hart-nice guy, dumber than a rock
Billy Pricer-good guy
Vickey Ray Anderson-seemed like a nice guy

SoonerInKCMO
4/11/2006, 12:57 PM
I bought some blow from Charles Thompson my sophomore year. Seemed like a cool guy.

SoonerJLB
4/11/2006, 01:08 PM
when I was at OU. I had a class with Marcus Dupree, he and a few other football players used to ask for copies of my notes 9when they did actually decide to come to class).

Brian Bosworth, Jamelle Holleway, David Vickers, Tony Castillas and several others used to come to our Sigma Chi parties on occasion because Bob Slater was a member and used to invite a lot of players over to the house.

GDC
4/11/2006, 01:52 PM
Steve Davis spoke at my high graduation in 83, but he was late because the nefarious Hulbert PD nailed him for "speeding".

sooner518
4/11/2006, 01:57 PM
Had a class with Dusty Dvoracek his freshman year. He seemed really nice and pretty smart.

NickZeppelin
4/11/2006, 03:04 PM
Lucious or Dewey Selmon. I was too young to remember which. I think it was Dewey. I was like 6 or 7 years old. I'm pretty sure it was Dewey.

I also met a player from the 50's that played on a national championship team. He may have just been a backup or a walk-on. He had his ring with him. I don't remember his name but he was a substitute teacher at my high school.

Soonrboy
4/11/2006, 03:10 PM
Anthony Stafford - very nice, humble man.

SicEmBaylor
4/11/2006, 03:30 PM
I went to high school with Teddy Lehman.

Tear Down This Wall
4/11/2006, 04:17 PM
I've met 'n' such:

Football, Bob Warmack, Victor Hicks, Kevin Murphy, Corey L. Ivy, Jay Smith, Steve Owens, J.C. Watts, Steve Collins, Billy Sims, John Blake, Dean Blevins, Uwe von Schamann, Barry Switzer, Bob Stoops, Howard Farvegsnugenburger, Merv Johnson, Rex Ryan - basketball, Ryan Minor.

They were all decent when I met them. Many I met in weird places. Victor Hicks and his wife shopped at the store where I sacked groceries in high school...Kevin Murphy I met in line for a movie in Richardson...I met Steve Collins at a job interview in the mid-1990s...J.C. Watts I met after he preached at a church near my parents house...Dean Blevin when he used to do Switzer's radio show in Dallas...Ryan Minor at The Ballpark in Arlington in 1995 when OU and TCU played. (NOTE: Cale Gundy was also there, mouthing off about how overrated Switzer was as a coach. Stick it, Cale. Just keep your mouth shut and accept that you were a mediocre QB).

TheGodfather889
4/11/2006, 05:55 PM
I've met: Quentin Griffin,Josh Heupel,Jammal Brown,Adrian Peterson,Dusty Dvoracek,Mark Clayton,Teddy Lehman,Brodney Pool,Malcolm Kelly,Rufus Alexander,Jason White,Tommie Harris and I'm sure more but I can't think of em right now.

emoinwinter
4/11/2006, 06:37 PM
Brandon Shelby and Wayne Chambers: Lived next to me last year in our apartment complex. Really, really cool guys. When my roomates and I went around introducing ourselves, they just introduced themselves as "Brandon and Wayne." They wanted us to see them as one of the guys, instead of football players.

Gute and others: Last year helping out my friend Sunni Golloway (she was named after her dad) with some english in the athletic dorm, he and some other players were playing some pool.

Carl Pendleton and others: Had him in african-american studies along with some other players. Intelligent and nice

Travis Wilson: Met him and his cowboy hat at Jimmy John's. Nice

AD: Met him at Red Lobster two seaons ago after the Kansas game. Class act

emoinwinter
4/11/2006, 06:40 PM
Had a class with Dusty Dvoracek his freshman year. He seemed really nice and pretty smart.

That's what the Wunderlich proved

rainiersooner
4/11/2006, 08:15 PM
I met Hybl's aunt and uncle at a bar in Seattle where a bunch of us get together for games. I forget who we were playing. I try to make a point of never criticizing the kids who play for us. I figure any 20 year old who has his act together enough to go through the rigors of a D-1 program like OU deserves the benefit of the doubt. But Hybl was having one of those games he'd occassionally have and had thrown may his third boneheaded interception in between stringing together some brilliant completions. So I yelled out something like "Hybl you are such a moron." His aunt, who I had been making small talk with turned to me and introduced herself. That was kind of embrassing. Not totally on point, but embrassing nonetheless.

SicEmBaylor
4/11/2006, 08:37 PM
I don't understand why the hell you all complained about Hybl as much as you did. He had his down moments but every QB does; Hybl deserved more respect than he seemed to get.

I would have KILLED to have him play for us.

RooseveltRoughRider
4/11/2006, 08:39 PM
I have met Adrian Peterson twice when he was in high school. His cousin is married to my cousin in Palestine.
I have also met Tommy Harris. I used to sit next his Dad at most of the Ellison Eagles games at Buckley Stadium.

And I played against Quentin Griffin when he was a Aldine Mustang and I was an Aldine Eisenhower Eagle, but I did not know him personally. I also played against Jerald Moore when he played for Jack Yates.

swardboy
4/11/2006, 08:51 PM
Can't believe I'm the only one to mention meeting Steve Davis so far. He drove from Tulsa clear over to the boonies in southwest OK to speak at a church camp for ONE night. That impressed me. Short dude. Very nice.

Collier11
4/11/2006, 08:51 PM
I was alway a hybl fan even over white during their battles, that guy was tough as nails and even though some OU fans act like it never happened, he was 20-3 as a starter and won a Rose Bowl for us

soonerinabilene
4/11/2006, 09:47 PM
i know that i met lydell carr because i have a pic with him when i was three- it was a mall autograph session and the pic has both of us holding an orange. dont remember a thing about that day, just the pic to and his autograph on a ramada inn piece of paper to prove that it actually happened

OUinFLA
4/11/2006, 10:34 PM
I used to shoot baskets with Ben Hart back in '67. We dated a couple of roommates.

Ill bet I trump you guys with this one for old guys.
My uncle was on the '26-27 OU Football team. Named Roy LeCrone.
My cousin was on the '29 OU Football team. He was later one of Norman's long time Doctors. Curtis Berry. Berry Road was named after his dad.

TheGodfather889
4/11/2006, 10:36 PM
I did meet Rhett Bomar about a month ago. He is one cocky kid who I didn't like very well. But I still want him to be a star because it's necessary for the success of the team.

Collier11
4/11/2006, 10:41 PM
Godfather...what was it that made him cocky? Im not coming after you at all, just curious cus ive never met the guy and was wondering if he was just acting like he was the qb of OU and that made him special or if he just acted different towards you or what?

goingoneight
4/11/2006, 10:50 PM
Just off the top of my mind... no particular order of fav.
1. Billy Simms, always looking to have fun-- just a big kid.
2. Jason White, was quiet at the time, hilarious smartass comments when called upon, though.
3. Rhett Bomar, typical college guy, brief conversation about "college-n-sh*t."
4. This one may not count, but Brian Zimpel was a good friend of mine in Broken Arrow.
5. Josh "Mr. 2000" Heupel-- One of those "all of your dreams could come true-positive-type" of guy. He may not be quiet around people he knows, but he was really quiet when I spoke with him in Norman in 2004. Just kind of a "yep" and a smile, strikes you as a great role model type, not even considering his history.
6. The King-- what can I say, is there ever going to be another guy who stops to say hello to someone just for wearing an OU shirt in Tulsa? Will there ever be a guy walking around at the Texas State Fair of that celebrity status as everybody's good buddy, whorns included? Does anyone else laugh at Texas jokes until they can't breathe like that guy? The most likable of all "Sooners" I've met.

From time to time, I've seen and met more, but those kind of stick out in my mind, and I'm a little too lazy to think beyond the Stoops era, since not even the King would show his face during the dark ages at OU.

Collier11
4/11/2006, 10:52 PM
How could I forget the King, I waited on him too. He loves to drink grey goose and grapefruit juice, and lots! Great guy though

shavedmarmoset
4/11/2006, 10:54 PM
John Williams went to my high school. He's a pretty cool guy. Gets really hyped up when he plays.

I have a class with Carl Pendleton this semester. Really good student, comes to class, and sounds like a white guy. Nice too.

1991SOONER
4/11/2006, 11:15 PM
I've never really met any of them but I've seen a few on campus when I was there in the late 80's. Charles Thompson, Brian Bosworth, Anthony Stafford. I lived in the same apartment complex with Anthony about 2 doors down.

Huskernsooner71
4/12/2006, 01:35 AM
I lived in the athletic dorms for the last year and a half so I have lived with last years team and this years. They are all pretty cool! Cooper, Braxton, and Jesse White are awesome. I have met a lot of past players too because they come up sometimes to each lunch with Bob Stoops or just chill with him.

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 08:23 AM
I've never really met any of them but I've seen a few on campus when I was there in the late 80's. Charles Thompson, Brian Bosworth, Anthony Stafford. I lived in the same apartment complex with Anthony about 2 doors down.
Oh, yeah. In the summer of '86, Brian Bosworth drove by me in his Corvette. He didn't try to hit me, so I thought that was damn decent of him. :D

GDC
4/12/2006, 08:49 AM
I see Mike Skinner every time I need some nails or other hardware.

MamaMia
4/12/2006, 10:06 AM
I dont like to name drop, but I like reading all of ya'lls stories. :)

I will say that Roy Williams calls me Nana.:O

Tear Down This Wall
4/12/2006, 10:11 AM
And I played against Quentin Griffin when he was a Aldine Mustang and I was an Aldine Eisenhower Eagle, but I did not know him personally. I also played against Jerald Moore when he played for Jack Yates.

Um...are you sure 'bout all that? For what you claim to be true you would had to play Yates when Moore was a senior in the fall of 1992 and Aldine in 1995 when Griffin was a freshman. You would have had to start four years 1992 to 1995. Griffin would have had to have gotten onto the field as a freshman. I highly doubt that since he wasn't even the starter as senior; he split time with Maurice Harris and was barely on the recruiting radar when Stoops found him.

Most freshmen play on JV squads. Are you saying that you were varsity in 1992 and regressed to JV by your senior year, 1995?

Soonrboy
4/12/2006, 10:22 AM
Um...are you sure 'bout all that? For what you claim to be true you would had to play Yates when Moore was a senior in the fall of 1992 and Aldine in 1995 when Griffin was a freshman. You would have had to start four years 1992 to 1995. Griffin would have had to have gotten onto the field as a freshman. I highly doubt that since he wasn't even the starter as senior; he split time with Maurice Harris and was barely on the recruiting radar when Stoops found him.

Most freshmen play on JV squads. Are you saying that you were varsity in 1992 and regressed to JV by your senior year, 1995?

he probably meant his team played against their team...sheesh...

Tear Down This Wall
4/12/2006, 10:24 AM
Oh...so the words "And I played against" don't really mean "And I played against"? I see.

OUmillenium
4/12/2006, 10:26 AM
Tailgated with some, coached some, and coached with some.

Glenn Sullivan is an incredible baseball coach.

I played 1-1 with Kenyon Rasheed at OU basketball camp in 1989. He was a lot of fun.

OUDoc
4/12/2006, 10:56 AM
I dont like to name drop, but I like reading all of ya'lls stories. :)

I will say that Roy Williams calls me Nana.:O
Is that like when some woman calls me "Daddy"? ;)

MamaMia
4/12/2006, 11:45 AM
Is that like when some woman calls me "Daddy"? ;)
No, not like that at all. :O
Its more along the lines of when you call your fathers mother "Grandma." :D

Collier11
4/12/2006, 11:52 AM
that a girl

SoonerPriv
4/12/2006, 12:15 PM
Barry, Uwe, Heupel, Peterson, Bomar, White, Fagan, Selmon Bros., etc.. There's a bunch more those are just off the top of my head. I've met mostly 70's and 80's players.

CobraKai
4/12/2006, 12:29 PM
Reggie Barnes. He is a cool guy.

stonecoldsoonerfan
4/12/2006, 12:56 PM
true story-

there was an o-lineman named jaime melendez in the latter 70's on OU's team. he was at a friend of mines house one afternoon (before practice). he got there after i did. i was about to leave and he asked me if i wanted to partake of some ganja. i told him no, i was leaving to go somewhere. well, he got ALLLLLLLLLLL bent outta shape about it. he kept saying "man, you must be narco if you don't want to smoke some with us!!!" and crap like that (keep in mind this guy is around 6 foot and 250-260 or so. at that time, i was around 6 foot and ONE60 or so). my friend (who was 6'7" and 250 himself) kept telling him over and over and over "man, i've known this guy all my life! he could care less what we do!" j.m. just wouldn't listen. he kept saying that i was going to get them busted, etc. he was basically becoming more hostile and beligerant as it went on. well, he was sitting on a couch next to the front door. in other words, he was basically inbetween me and the door. after both of us argued with him for a bit, i just BOLTED for the front door! he got up to try to stop me, but i had it open and i made it out and kept on running and never looked back. i knew he couldn't catch me if i got past him. i went back to my friends house a few days later. he couldn't believe what a $%^&# j.m. was. thank God i had some footspeed in those days. i don't know what all that melendez smoked, but it obviously affected his common sense.

freddie nixon-played 3-on-3 with him in the old fieldhouse. good athlete and nice guy.
billy sims-nice also. had HUGE thighs back then. no wonder he broke some tackles.
charles thompson-worked with him from around 1999-02. really nice guy. very personable. had his orange bowl jersey and also a jersey from playing in spain up on his office walls in huge picture frames. always took the time to shoot the breeze. couldn't meet a nicer guy.
chuck langston-goes to my church. very nice person.
kelly phelps-knew him in h.s. and at OU. in h.s., he was a great athlete and had good speed too. kelly was a tough guy. he didn't take ANY crap off anyone (not that he was looking for a fight all the time). pretty smart too. he was also pretty crazy with his sense of humor.

i'm sure there's others, but can't think of them right now.

Collier11
4/12/2006, 01:07 PM
thank god for foot speed when we are young

sooner rick
4/13/2006, 12:48 AM
1)The King. One of the friendliest people I've ever met. I ran into him at the airport in Salt Lake of all places. Actually got to visit with him for about 20 minutes. Very approachable. Had some great stories about his days in Dallas too. 2)Went to high school with Tim Randolph who played for OU in the early to mid 80's. I always thought he was a pretty cool dude.
3)Uwe-very friendly
4) Brandon Shelby- very cool and friendly dude.
5) Ronbrose Jones seemed not to friendly when I first met him, but is a pretty cool guy once you get to know him.
6) Cale Gundy- pretty cocky dude even now.
7) J.C. Watts- met him at a store I once worked at. One of the most friendly and nicest person i've ever met.
8) Lee Roy Selmon- I actually met him at his restaurant in Tampa. I was eating with some friends and asked if he happened to be there that day. The waitress said she thought he was in the back and I said if you see him let him know a fellow Sooner says hello. He made a point to come over to our table and visit for a few minutes. Too freakin cool!!!!!! Damn good food too!

GPTXSooner
4/13/2006, 09:36 PM
1. Bomar - Grew up with him so not sure if that counts.
2. Ah You - Related to him so not sure if he counts either.
3. AD - Before he committed to OU. Quiet but nice.
4. Thibodeaux - Real friendly.
5. Birdine - Funny guy.
6. Dotson - Pretty cool.
7. Latimer - Quiet.
8. Ayodele - Quiet.
9. Chijoke - Personable.

1991SOONER
4/13/2006, 09:45 PM
Oh, yeah. In the summer of '86, Brian Bosworth drove by me in his Corvette. He didn't try to hit me, so I thought that was damn decent of him. :D

Thats funny that you should say that because that hapended to me too. Except I happened to be behind him on Boyd street one day. I was behind an '80ish Corvette and would have not realized that it was him, but I looked up and saw "The Boz" tag. He had a pretty good looking chick with him. Then, he turned right on (I forget the name of the street, but its the one that dumps into the north oval) and sped off. Then a cop pulled him over for speeding. Ha ha....:D

1991SOONER
4/13/2006, 09:52 PM
true story-

there was an o-lineman named jaime melendez in the latter 70's on OU's team. he was at a friend of mines house one afternoon (before practice). he got there after i did. i was about to leave and he asked me if i wanted to partake of some ganja. i told him no, i was leaving to go somewhere. well, he got ALLLLLLLLLLL bent outta shape about it.

Man I would have considered an honor to smoke a doob with an OU football player (at least back then anyway). I just stick to beer these days:D

stoops the eternal pimp
4/14/2006, 02:17 PM
I ve got a few

Ricky Bryan- I spoke at his aunt's funeral at Christmas...Invited me to come to his house in Coweta so he could sign my What it Means to be A Sooner book...I dont think him and Coach Shipp are friendly..

Josh Norman-Spoke at our church a while back. Great dude i think. We went to Mazzio's and talked about a lot of stuff..Laughed about when they played Neb. in 2000 and a db tried to tackle him straight up and he just flattened the dude.

Jason White-during the rain delay of the UTEP game him and Joe C. were by me standing by the concession stands. Jason was on his crutches and seemed very downhearted. Nice guys.

Tommie Harris-Great man..WE wanted to have a onesy signed for our soon to be 1 year old daughter and he was the first to sign it..He then proceeded to get everyone around to come and sign it too(Rufus,Joe Jon,etc.)

Willie Roberts-No opinion really..Keith Jackson..Nice...Jason Freeman..Great softball player..Selmons...down to earth...The King...like my crazy uncle...strait..quiet...griffin..quiet but nice...Rufus...funny..Lewis Baker...very nice....

Different sport but Skeeter Henry and William Davis are punks!!..I played against them in a Y league a few years ago..funny mouth dudes

Geekboy
4/14/2006, 07:45 PM
J.D. Runnels is an inlaw to someone I know at work and she says he is wonderful.

I've met Billy Sims. Real nice guy.

Steve Williams......the nicest guy on the planet.

Joe Washington sat next to my best friend in a class at OU and he said Joe
was a great guy and loved to talk football. Very insightful behind the scenes stories, etc.

J.C. Watts......great guy.

Thomas Lott......quiet but not cocky.

Switzer.......seemed like a nice guy.