PDA

View Full Version : things you liked during the spring game...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
4/10/2006, 10:58 PM
for me it was ye olde double wing - by far my favorite of the power formations. my only worry is whether we have the TEs to block for it...

sanantoniosooner
4/10/2006, 11:02 PM
for me it was Bob changing the score when he felt like it. I look forward to him utilizing this more during the upcoming season.

OKC-SLC
4/10/2006, 11:17 PM
I liked the way AD really looked fresh and ready to hit people.

crimson&cream
4/11/2006, 12:27 AM
for me it was Bob changing the score when he felt like it. I look forward to him utilizing this more during the upcoming season.
especially the T Tech game.! LOL

soonertruth12
4/11/2006, 02:02 AM
big fan of Paul Thompson stepping up with the hands...im kinda worried about him on deep balls, although he got that one over reggie but the ball was perfectly thrown.....D-line was fired up and always on the move, that group should never be tired or take a down off all year with our rotation at DE....Reggie was in every recievers hip pocket and nic harris made some good breaks (on some floaters from mr. juco)..
does anyone want mr. juco halzle to really compete for the job or just be a solid back up...like Hybl to White
i want rhett no question

rainiersooner
4/11/2006, 02:08 AM
Reggie Smith. I think he's going to be a stud. I actually think our seconday is going to be pretty good this year. It's about time.

TheUnnamedSooner
4/11/2006, 08:18 AM
The cheerleaders

The Consumate Showman
4/11/2006, 08:49 AM
I liked seeing football again. Thank God the season is almost here!!!!!!!!!!

SoonersEnFuego
4/11/2006, 09:33 AM
I like the formation that K. Wilson implemented but I don't like the run where RB takes the rock out to AD and he ends up running the same direction as the QB. You know what I'm saying?

RedstickSooner
4/11/2006, 10:00 AM
I loved the defense. I'm really excited about next season -- seems to me this could be one of the best defenses we've had under Stoops, at least from a talent basis. We've got the best group of DEs and LBs in the country, rock-solid DTs, good talent at safety, and a superb pair of corners.

Provided injuries don't decimate a position, this should be one of the best units in the country -- if not *the* best. It won't be as aggressive as our D was with Mike, but it also shouldn't be so prone to breakdown.

Nobody has ever been able to consistently run on our defense, and they sure as heck won't be able to this year. Combine that with some great corners, and it seems like about all anyone will be able to do on offense against us is send everybody downfield and hope their QB correctly reads a mis-match before being beheaded by one of our ends.

Sure, the offense has some questions, but the line seems decent and we know we've got the best RB in the country (more importantly, the best player *period*, at any position) so unless our passing game reverts to TCU2005 calibre, we should be a juggernaut.

Kinda surprised the boards have been so docile. Surely I'm not the only one this optimistic for our chances in 2006?

FlatheadSooner
4/11/2006, 12:19 PM
Solid defensive play. Smith and Pleasant were standouts.

Some good competition at QB.

OL seemingly holding their own, giving the QB's some time in pocket.

The Duke recovering that fumble - good instincts and he can move!

P.T. catching the ball. Iglesias making the TD after the catch.

A.D. looking healthy and raring to go! Patrick getting some good reps.

Seeing the football alums.

Something new to watch after the Holiday Bowl reruns. :)

picasso
4/11/2006, 12:31 PM
our depth at DT, DE and LB. it's going to be refreshing to see after last season.

I also liked not seeing any WR's running wide open down the field.

toast
4/11/2006, 12:48 PM
versus last year's spring game...

1. Reduction of bad snaps - yes, there were a few but with the inexperience we have there I thought the young guys did an admirable job.

2. No injuries.

RacerX
4/11/2006, 12:48 PM
Good protection for the qb....and coverage sacks/lack of making the read sacks.

jk the sooner fan
4/11/2006, 01:58 PM
i really liked the fact that the ruf neks caught on fast to the fact that one of the ponies got its leg caught up in the lines ....stopped the schooner and freed it barring any injury

i just liked being there and watching, i had zero expectations

sooneron
4/11/2006, 03:01 PM
I liked that I was able to watch it in NJ!

MikeInNorman
4/11/2006, 03:41 PM
I liked the hot dogs.

Gandalf_The_Grey
4/11/2006, 04:10 PM
I couldn't concentrate during the game because I was sitting around waiting for Nick to get back and tell us what he thought ;)

oumartin
4/11/2006, 04:13 PM
who is this Romar kid at qb? did Bomar get kicked off the team? this Romar kid looks and act like Bomar I just hope this Romar kid doens't drink as much in public.

Scott D
4/11/2006, 04:18 PM
Corners who stayed in the hip pockets of their man in coverage. Now for them to do it with guys who have moves and the ability to get open.

MikeInNorman
4/11/2006, 06:12 PM
I also liked the versatility and creativity in the play calling. We kept them off balance.

(psst, martin...did I get the party line right?)